✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

Just got home (huge tube problems argh) - was an utterly fantastic gig. Loved it. Listening to Warning Sign with the rain coming down and the lights was beautiful. Most of my pics are not very good (blurry), but will try and find a few of the better ones to post.

Some kids appeared after the gig had finished (a lot of people had left but I was still stuck in the stadium ) Apple and Moses were with them to have a look around the stage, then Gwyneth came on. Apple was very cute waving to the people who were still there! Moses didn't look impressed lol.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and Princess of China...dear god. I would pay the entrance fee to hear that alone (I would pay twice the entrance fee to hear Warning Sign though).

I think with these recent gigs Coldplay have cemented their place as the best touring band in the World.

Unbelievable.

Emirates Stadium 2nd June "Clocks" and "Fix You" video request

Hey guys, new to the forum but have a massive favour to ask!

To anyone that attended Sat 2nd June at Emirates Stadium, I'm hoping to find a lovely person out there who recorded Clocks and Fix You.

I contacted the band a few ways to ask for a request to shout-out my friend Robin who passed away in March this year, after battling with brain cancer at the young age of 25. He adored Coldplay, loved Arsenal and before Fix You, Chris said "This is for Robin" which absolutely blew my mind.

So if anyone has a video which hears him say this, I would be forever in your debt. I didn't record it, as I didn't think it was going to happen!!!

x

First vids are arriving..

First 3 vids have pretty bad sound quality..

MX/HLH

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlq6z5Q2Emk]Coldplay Mylo Xyloto & Hurts like Heaven (Part 1) - Emirates Stadium 2 of June 2012 (Good Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ege92ce2QFo&feature=channel&list=UL]Coldplay Mylo Xyloto & Hurts like Heaven (Part 2) - Emirates Stadium 2 of June 2012 (Good Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

POC/UIF

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzVl2-Go9NI&feature=channel&list=UL]Coldplay Princess of China & Up In Flame - Emirates Stadium 2 of June 2012 (Good Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

ETIAW (good quality)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZTpC36zQuI]Coldplay Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (HD) @ Emirates Stadium, London 2 June '12 - YouTube[/ame]

Fix You

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f5-2WG40Ag&feature=channel&list=UL]Coldplay Fix You @ Emirates Stadium, London 2 June '12 - YouTube[/ame]

Speed of Sound

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VMRT4kODbM&feature=channel&list=UL]Coldplay Speed of Sound (acoustic) @ Emirates Stadium, London 2 June '12 - YouTube[/ame]

UATW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuHjahKPZVI&feature=channel&list=UL]Coldplay Us Against the World @ Emirates Stadium, London 2 June '12 - YouTube[/ame]

Wristbands during Charlie Brown!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqKpP-cO3PE]Coldplay Wristband Flashing Glowing Charlie Brown Saturday 2 June Emirates Arsenal - YouTube[/ame]

Awesome photos everyone..

AWESOME AWESOME gig... I think it has to be one of the best I have EVER been to.. EVER.

I have some photos to post and a few second long videos too.

Highlights were Clocks, Warning Sign, in the pouring rain.. Chris lit up from behind, playing the outrow.. whilst the rest of the band went back to the main stage.. Fix you. Chris came out onto the walkway level with us...and WE sang it to him! Incredible..

It rained like you wouldn't believe.. we jumped, we sang, we flashed... we enjoyed ourselves.. It was my son's 14th Birthday yesterday.. he had such a good time.. we met some lovely lovely people in the queue.. we painted ourselves with flourescent paint.. a real social event!

Some amazing moments, Chris putting his arm around Guy and both smiling like loonies, Guy and Jonny playing together and grinning all the time... Chris was on fire.. jumping, running, singing his heart out.. as did we.

The tube was a NIGHTMARE Getting home though.. bad planning London. They shut two stations! We must have walked about four miles in the pouring rain.. and after having been up since 4am the previous morning! Not nice. We got home about 2am..

We did get second row.. after being there since 7.. Me, my husband, my son, and ALL of our section got held up by a blind lady and her son being allowed in first. Which is FINE, but they let the other queues in first, so we missed getting front completely....surely health and safety says let them in BEFORE the rest of the other queues?!!

Someone, I hope NOT a Coldplayer, pushed to the front of our queue too.. We told him off and eventually got the security guys involved.. and he got moved, but why would you do that??

But all in all an amazing gig. Would I do it all again today? Well, maybe not today, my ears hurt after the VERY VERY VERY loud earhurting bass of the support acts! My legs ache after my walk.. I am tired, my throat is sore and I am probably far too old to do this at all.. But heck I'd go Monday if the opportunity arose!! LOL...

Is there any other band in the entire world who can make you feel like this??

I agree Comicforce...the journey home was awful - I'd also been queing since 11 (was about 5 rows back from front) and I feel exhausted today (like you I'm probably too old for this lol)...also had some problems with people pushing in and being very rude :( ...I went alone and in hindsite I would try and meet with someone from here, although there were mostly nice ppl around me once I got inside! :)

Was of course totally worth it and I'd do it all again...once I've recovered ;)

Oh and set list was pretty much the same it's been so far I think...no surprises.

kitticus - I have no vids I'm afraid but you could try youtube. Sorry to hear about your friend.

It is too much for people our sort of age.. but what bloody fun it is! Next time you go, you are more than welcome to meet up with me.. :D

I forgot to say I met the famous and lovely Tash.. !! Who for all your information IS NOT A CYBORG !! ROFL LOL.. just for information haha.. but she is very nice and we spent quite a bit of time together yesterday.. She did get a set list.. I am sure she will be happy to post it at some time when she is back in her own country! :) But she is going to Monday's gig too.. jealous.. so we will all have to be content with Non-Cyborg like photos for a day or so.

hi all, im going tomorrow night to see Coldplay as well, really excited after seeing last nights show too! Me and my sister are seated, we were thinking of getting there around 8.. did anyone have any experience collecting tickets from the ticket collection, e.g. was it busy etc? thanks!

Someone, I hope NOT a Coldplayer, pushed to the front of our queue too.. We told him off and eventually got the security guys involved.. and he got moved, but why would you do that??

oh i hate those kind of people, why don't they just wait a couple more seconds???!?!

thanks for you review, , people don't come here to write reviews since MX stadium concerts begin. they were writing last summer's festival concerts a lot :\

What an amazing night - me and my girlfriend got there at 12 so we could get a good standing spot, and we managed to get 1 row back from the X stage :) every single song had the crowd going wild, but none more than Charlie Brown - every person I could see was jumping.

I think there some Xyloband issues though - my girlfriends didn't work, along with many other people I could see, and mine seemed to have a mind of its own. Didn't ruin the experience though!

I recorded most songs so I'll upload them at some point later on

Kitticus, so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend, but what a way to have him remembered. I'm certain there will be plenty of videos appearing of that very special moment :)

Comicforce - sorry to hear it was so much trouble getting home. Which stations did they close? I'd had a feeling about that, so we made sure to get GA seats on the Tube side, and as soon as the last song finished I legged it, and luckily was sitting in a bar in Covent Garden by 11. The main thing was just getting away.

I have to say I was incredibly impressed with the stadium - better than Wembley in my opinion, much as it pains me to say anything good about Arsenal, but it's true. The whole organisation was very, very poor though. There was no queue management at our entrance, no barriers, and when the gates opened late a group of idiots from the end of the snaking queue (who'd just got there) cut across and were almost the first in line - and everyone else from the end panicked and followed them. I'm sure the ones who'd queued all day got in quickly as they were right at the front, but the rest of us were completely screwed over. We were going for GA seats so it was no problem for us, but we were really upset for the people who wanted to stand close - so unfair.

When we spoke to the stewards inside about it the chief steward didn't even know that there hadn't been barriers (?!) They were very apologetic but that wouldn't be much consolation for someone who'd lost their front-row place. The stewards and staff were mostly exceptionally friendly, but everything seemed to go wrong - even buying a drink was like being in the middle of a Keystone Cops film. Everything was basically set up the same way it would be for a football match, which it obviously wasn't!

I am so glad to have incredible club level seats for Monday. The view will be even better from there as it's slightly higher but just as close as we were last night. And you have your own toilets and bars as well as a reserved seat.

One enduring memory of the night is all those poor people who have never seen such a tall man dancing so wildly :dance: Being in an aisle seat there were quite a few collisions - apologies to anyone who sports Tonsu-shaped bruises this morning :laugh3: :\

Oh, and Speed of Sound :shocked2: Never my favourite, but WHAT a version :sunny:

HAHA.. I danced too.. and apologies for anyone who has trodden on feet from me too! It's hard to jump up and down on the spot when people are jostling you left right and centre! LOL.. but what a buzz..

I will write a FULL review anyone who wants it.. and publish it on my website later today.. but right now I need to actually get up and get dressed!! LOL..