✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say you'd be OK until at least midday, Oneish.. then it started building up. but I can't be sure, didn't really time it..

:) glad you liked the review anyway.

haha, sorry i didnt mention! i loved it! very excited for manchester! just have a friend who thinks we can get to the front if we get there at 3:30. having been to a coldplay concert before i know thats unlikely, so just wanted some first hand uk tour experience! our train arrives in manchester at 11, so I would like to be there by midday. (we're fast runners too :) )

Row, Love your review! Sounds like you and your family had a very long day (4:00am till 2:00am) but well worth it. Who would have guess there would be a blind woman in your line. But 2nd row is actually very good, especially in these huge stadium shows. The stage is so high that the closer you are the more you have to crane your neck. I really admire the energy the band gives in every show. Even the rain won't stop them. It's a special surprise you got to see Apple, Moses, and Gwyneth as well. Your son must be very happy that he got to see Coldplay and got a new iPhone on his birthday.

I just went to CP concert last month but I already want to go again. :)

Good review Row, what a wonderful night!!

At the time I can honestly say the rain didnt matter at all :)....however the walk to the station after that was another matter !! The funniest thing happened tho, we were turned away from Arsenal station and had to walk to Finsbury Park about a mile down the road with a huge crowd.

We were stopped by the police on horseback,so the station could clear. Being well-behaved coldplay fans we all stood cold and wet, and waited.....then from the back a lone voice called out Woah..ooh ohh, everybody laughed and the Viva chant started up!! :laugh3:

A wonderful night, a wonderful band, a wonderful lead singer and your right so much better in the flesh!!!!!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before - please redrect me to the answer if it has.

Is the tour program the same as for the Arena tours in December? - I got one on 9th December - as I'm in GA Standing and if it is I can be free and not worry about looking after it tomorrow.

it's not the same, the pics are the same but the interviews no.

Well, there weren't any cameras that you'd expect to see for a filming that I saw (?) just the usual 'screen' cameras on the light rigging etc.

I walked around a lot and didn't see any of those signs...maybe they just filmed part of the stadium? (Or maybe I am too oblivious when I am waiting expectantly for Warning Sign :laugh3:)

I was in 1st row in front of X stage and a cameraman filmed us. And I spoke with a technician that they filmed. I suppose they will film tonight. The DVD should be only with the videos of Emirates.

Anyways, for my rough review.

Started badly when I got to Basingstoke by car I realised I had left my camera at home and my phone decided it was going to do a Nokia and drop from full battery to half battery in 2 minutes following a phone-call, so there is a lack of pictures as I turned it off to save battery for the train ride back home (waves at Michy)

Maybe changing at Green Park wasn't the best idea I had as it was full of England fans heading to Wembley, but I managed to get to the stadium around 3-30 and ended up I would say 50th or so in the "J" queue, the doors opened late but it was a good queue, a bit chaotic as it looked liked 2 queues as the queue for the K doors was pretty close. Security was a bit rubbish, they didn't even check my carrier bag when I said it was for the bin (and when to the bin to drop off an empty plastic tub, via the toilet as I really needed a piss). Anyways once inside I managed to get to the 3rd row, but that stage was frecking high (pic 1) and to save my neck I decided to look around. The seating looked a bit rubbish so I ended up on the little raised bit (for cables) between the 2 speaker towers, pretty much middle of the runway.

It was a nice place to sit for the hour and a bit for Rita Ora to come on, she came on and not really knowing any songs by her (My radio station of choice Jack FM doesn't do Rita Ora) I nodded and thought it was ok. Stayed standing until Robyn whom didn't look like she was enjoying playing to 50,000 odd people.

Then the rain started, and being roughly in the middle of the stadium I had no cover whatsoever, more on that later, the part in front started getting full, but the girl to the right of my decided she wanted to be a rock and not move out of the way to allow the flow of people over the speaker line, which was a bit annoying as I kept on having to move out of the way (and to the people moaning behind me, you had your chance to go in front).

99 Problems and Back to the Future, followed by fireworks, lasers and other stuff (Has Chris been talking with the Flaming Lips again?), good set-list, bloody good acoustics from where I was standing, no pushing at all, bit hard to jump up and down as I almost landed wrong and slipped off the plastic protective cover. Lots of energy and the sight of seeing all the wristbands lighting was amazing (I was in red). Getting out was a bit of a nightmare when a couple of people decided to stop and have a chat in the tunnel, but it was a good break from the heavy rain, and a good 15 minute walk to Caledonian Road where I hopped onto a tube (which was busy), and had a good switch over to the Northern Line (where some lady decided to try and force the doors open and in the minute or so delay I managed to hop on), went back via Burger King at Waterloo (£5.99 for a medium meal-deal :() as I was hunger and hopped onto the Salisbury bound train (and with the number of wrist-bands I saw in the carriage there was quite a few concert goers on the same train).

So anyways, I is cursed, the 3rd time in seeing Coldplay and the 3rd time it has rained. But it's the first stadium show since Crystal Palace in 05 that I was standing!.

Anyways pictures

I spy with my little eye the early birds

Photo0102.jpg

High Stage (with random man in glasses):

Photo0103.jpg

Bang on centre

Photo0109.jpg

I was there since 6 am like friday and some people camped at the Emirates!

I was the 3rd in the J queue and it was cold but the waiting was not so long when you can speak with other fans of different countries: very good experience!!!

So when the doors open, I run run run to be in 1st row in front of the x-stage and in the middle: the best place there I think.

As my wristbands fell just before I arrive at the barrier I come back to get back it and I fell too! ahah!

and when I saw the liveblog I hope Will and Jonny didn't see me ;)

Amazing show as usual, lasers, balloons, wristbands, fireworks, etc and good setlist!!!

And the crowd were amazing!

One of my best gig even if I didn't like the support act except the remix of ETIAW by Robyn and even if I have to walk so much after the show to find a subway!!! I can't believe this mess: what will they do during the olympic games???

Whatever, you can see my video of In My Place.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

And does someone like the song before Jay Z, it was Here we Go Magic: love this song: it makes me so happy each time I hear that song!!!

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The Overground breaking down wasn't the best. What was the other underground stations like?

(I heard from someone on the train that the "Arsenal" underground was mental).

But it is to be expected with thousands of people hitting the same stations, some which were built over 100 years ago, there will be queues.

The Overground breaking down wasn't the best. What was the other underground stations like?

(I heard from someone on the train that the "Arsenal" underground was mental).

But it is to be expected with thousands of people hitting the same stations, some which were built over 100 years ago, there will be queues.

we had to walk until Highbury station and there were a lot of people there

I managed to 'hot wire' my xyloband with a paper clip and got it glowing again!

DSCN0905.jpg

...Also, I shock out my hoodie today and a load of confetti fell out of the hood! :D So happy, the confetti I had collected and put it my bag was a complete sodden pile of gunk by the time I got home - but the stuff from my hoodie seems fine!

DSCN0909.jpg

Thanks for all the wonderful pics and reviews! :)

Good review Row, what a wonderful night!!

At the time I can honestly say the rain didnt matter at all :)....however the walk to the station after that was another matter !! The funniest thing happened tho, we were turned away from Arsenal station and had to walk to Finsbury Park about a mile down the road with a huge crowd.

We were stopped by the police on horseback,so the station could clear. Being well-behaved coldplay fans we all stood cold and wet, and waited.....then from the back a lone voice called out Woah..ooh ohh, everybody laughed and the Viva chant started up!! :laugh3:

A wonderful night, a wonderful band, a wonderful lead singer and your right so much better in the flesh!!!!!

KAREN.. we were IN that lot of people too! the police on horseback! LOL.. we must have both been there together and not known it.. how amazing.. (amazing IS my new adjective today! LOL).

I got Chris's guitar pick from this show!! :D

WOW.. you are lucky!

I managed to 'hot wire' my xyloband with a paper clip and got it glowing again!

DSCN0905.jpg

...Also, I shock out my hoodie today and a load of confetti fell out of the hood! :D So happy, the confetti I had collected and put it my bag was a complete sodden pile of gunk by the time I got home - but the stuff from my hoodie seems fine!

DSCN0909.jpg

Thanks for all the wonderful pics and reviews! :)

Oh cool.. I really like the green ones.. mine was green too.

I made this.. I managed to get SOME confetti before the rain started, it fell into my open bag during Lovers in Japan.. so I made this.. Yes I have four xylobands,. sue me! LOL.. We ahem got there so early that my son made a discovery of the used xylobands bins... and scooped some out.. ! so I took a couple... the green one is mine.. the pink one is from the Christmas gig in the 02.. and the others are because my favourite colours are blue and yellow..

0f123121.jpg

Some more photos I have cleaned them up a little and cropped some.. they are rather huge so I spoilered them.

Mycrop1.jpg

mycrop2.jpg

mycrop4.jpg

I am sad this one whited out so much. Jonny and Guy had THE most lovely smiles going on here!

mycrop5.jpg

mycrop8.jpg

mycrop17.jpg

an awwww moment?

mycrop19.jpg

mycrop20.jpg

mycrop24.jpg

:D :D :D

mycrop25.jpg

mycrop27.jpg

mycrop30.jpg

mycrop34.jpg

mycrop36.jpg

mycrop37.jpg

Not fantastic.. but better than they were.. and I think it gives an idea of how close and how fast Chris is!! LOL...

Up there with the very best gigs I've ever been to. Setlist was almost perfect, the energy from the band was incredible and the atmosphere was lovely. They really put in so much effort.

Also, everyone around me seemed really nice, met a couple of nice people. If any of you are on here, it would be nice to speak to you to see what you thought of the gig! I was the one who started rapping Jay-Z about 30 seconds before it came on, then rapped the whole thing with my sister :P

I was about here too...

I always have a problem with capture whole songs since I get so excited and turn the camera off after 1-1,30 haha... but here are something! you can watch them in HD.

Viva la vida, don't you just love how happy Chris seems to be?

ETIAW, I promise he could make us sing or say whatever in the world.. haha

I felt 99 problems coming after this song so I started filming early. 8 minutes! I just LOVE the excitement and butterflies in the stomach during 99 problems.. ohhhhh :)

Also I had a great 4 min video from The Scientist, but sadly I had a really enhusiastic girl at my left side who sang soooo loud I couldn't even hear the music. She didn't know the lyrics and also had an italian accent, so the video isn't that good haha.. bahh :(