✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[7-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Stadium of Light, Sunderland, UK

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week, Coldplay arrived in the North East for their show at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light and were greeted with weather so harsh that they described it as “apocalyptic!”

I was there getting soaked among 55,000 other Northerners whose determination left the band impressed, even after they themselves played through the downpour.

The gig itself didn’t suffer too much from the rain – in fact some thought it even added to the atmosphere.

It was hard to keep up the excitement and adrenaline when standing outside the stadium afterwards though, drenched from top to bottom while waiting 45 minutes for buses which were supposed be waiting for us straight after the gig (there was a Metro strike on that day).

A damp bus trip resulted in getting home after midnight, but did give everyone chance to share their videos on the way which they’d recorded on soaked mobiles and cameras.

With the next day’s cold having finally worn off and countless YouTube videos watched, I can safely say that it was one of the most incredible gigs I’ve seen, only next to Muse and Foo Fighters in terms of sheer size and production.

The Xylobands did make it that bit more special though…

http://transmitpromo.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/coldplay/