✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK (warning: m'cr will be busy see P7)

Tash

Hey everyone, this is my first post so please bear with me :).

Myself and my fiancee managed to get tickets for the June 10th show, Coldplay have always been my favourite band and seeing them will be a dream come true for us this Sunday. We've been told the show starts any time between 8:30 - 9:15pm, so may likely finish at about 11. Sadly we have no trains going to Chester from that late, and we have no money to spend on the extortionate hotel prices most places seem to have put up for the night.

The June 9th show has coach travel arranged, however this date doesn't and we've no idea why, it seems very dis-organised on the part of the promoters. We really want to go but we're so worried about getting home it may well ruin the night for us :(, does anyone have any suggestions what we could possibly do?

Thanks guys! :)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now it's

Saturday - am showers

Sunday - partly cloudy

You're officially the weather man! ;)

Hey everyone, this is my first post so please bear with me :).

Myself and my fiancee managed to get tickets for the June 10th show, Coldplay have always been my favourite band and seeing them will be a dream come true for us this Sunday. We've been told the show starts any time between 8:30 - 9:15pm, so may likely finish at about 11. Sadly we have no trains going to Chester from that late, and we have no money to spend on the extortionate hotel prices most places seem to have put up for the night.

The June 9th show has coach travel arranged, however this date doesn't and we've no idea why, it seems very dis-organised on the part of the promoters. We really want to go but we're so worried about getting home it may well ruin the night for us :(, does anyone have any suggestions what we could possibly do?

Thanks guys! :)

maybe some people come from Chester....

maybe some people come from Chester....

Haha that's a point, I probably should have asked that...

Does anybody happen to be coming from Chester for the gig on the 10th, and if so could you please tell me how you're getting there and more urgently, back from the Etihad to Chester? Thank you :)

the last train from Manchester Piccadilly to Chester is 23:20.

if they're done by 22:45, which they could well be with a 21:15 start, you'd have 35 mins to get to Piccadilly. I don't know Eastlands very well so don't know how feasible it would be to get a bus/taxi to the station

the last metrolink to Altrincham leaves at 22:45

there are some cheap hotels via laterooms.com

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/66042_britannia-airport-hotel-manchester-northenden.aspx have a double for £29.00. on the late night bus route from town.

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/1068_britannia-country-house-hotel-manchester-didsbury.aspx double for £31 on the lte night bus route from town.

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/85024_trafford-hall-hotel-manchester.aspx double for £45

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/87839_lansdowne-hotel-manchester.aspx twin for £45

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/73666_holiday-inn-manchester-west-manchester-salford.aspx twin/double £59

What time do Coldplay come on stage?

Hi,

What time have Coldplay been tending to come on stage at the UK stadium shows this tour? We're going to see them in Manchester on Sunday. The tickets say doors 5pm, but we were hoping to go out for dinner before.

Thanks!

Howdy folks,new here.

Wanted to ask a question. Been see Coldplay a few times now so I'm excited for Sunday as this tour looks amazing but.....

anyone else NOT received their tickets yet? My girlfriend booked them through See tickets last November and have still not arrived. Been trying to find a contact number on their site but its useless.

Anyone else not got their tickets yet?

:stunned:

Howdy folks,new here.

Wanted to ask a question. Been see Coldplay a few times now so I'm excited for Sunday as this tour looks amazing but.....

anyone else NOT received their tickets yet? My girlfriend booked them through See tickets last November and have still not arrived. Been trying to find a contact number on their site but its useless.

Anyone else not got their tickets yet?

:stunned:

You should of well had tickets by now!

(you can track your tix through their site too)

All I can find is this, which I assume they will contact you through email;

See Tickets Customer Service

Need assistance? Our Online Customer Service area will help you to find answers to common questions, check the status of your order, change your delivery address and more.

Most customers want to know...

I have not received my tickets, what should I do?

Theatre tickets are generally dispatched within 5 days of booking, however the vast majority of our music and festival tickets are dispatched 7-10 days before the event, as this helps See combat resale, forgery and ticket loss.

If you believe your tickets have been lost, damaged, or stolen in the post please log in below to get in touch with our customer care team, who should respond within 24 hours.

Don't forget the vast majority of our music and festival tickets are dispatched 7-10 days before the event.

Please Note: If it is more than 48 hours before your event please log in below to track the status of your order and use the form to contact our customer care team.

Googled this number, don't know of its right though: 0843 411 7325 or this? 0871 220 0260

Yeah Ive checked out all the info. It says 100% tickets been dispatched.... I know they leave it till last minute to counter act touts and sell on etc etc and the only phone number is a ticket hotline,no numbers for customer service. I shall try that number after Lunch if Post doesn't arrive.

Just wondered if their was anyone else going who is a member and had not received them. Its getting a little close !!!!!!!!

Thankies :cool:

Yeah Ive checked out all the info. It says 100% tickets been dispatched.... I know they leave it till last minute to counter act touts and sell on etc etc and the only phone number is a ticket hotline,no numbers for customer service. I shall try that number after Lunch if Post doesn't arrive.

Just wondered if their was anyone else going who is a member and had not received them. Its getting a little close !!!!!!!!

Thankies :cool:

Did you buy the ticket last minute?

No ... November last year when they went on sale order was processed 19th Nov 2011...

will let you know how I get on.

:( slightly worried he he he

It sounds like they will have to issue you with more tix to be collected at the box office venue.

Mmmmmmm I've just logged back in using my girlfriends ref.

It now says this "Order will be available for collection from the venue at the time of the event (please remember to take your credit card and reference number)."

Seems like you are right April. Never had that happen before for a gig,always got tickets in advance. I'm still gonna call just to be sure.

;)

Mmmmmmm I've just logged back in using my girlfriends ref.

It now says this "Order will be available for collection from the venue at the time of the event (please remember to take your credit card and reference number)."

Seems like you are right April. Never had that happen before for a gig,always got tickets in advance. I'm still gonna call just to be sure.

;)

Oh good, all sorted! Just as well you checked! A bit odd since you bought your tix back in November! Perhaps the last batch ready to be sent out would of been a little too close to the show to take a risk? Remember the card & reference number!

Hi we run a local and friendly pub minutes from the stadium. We would like to welcome all Coldplay fans to the pub for a drink or two before the upcoming concerts. Signs are up around the stadium directing you to the pub and there is also a map on our facebook profile if you would like to find us. You can find us here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003877168714

yuck, city centre is going to be nasty busy on Sunday afternoon. just seen this:

Thousands expected to turn out for Manchester Day Parade

Celebrated artists from across the North West have helped more than 90 community groups create the dazzling artworks that embody Manchester’s spirit and residents.

Outdoor arts organisation, Walk the Plank, has produced the parade for the third year running, linking artists with community groups so that every participant could realise their own vision for Manchester Day.

The Parade takes place on Sunday 10 June and will leave Castlefield at 2pm, moving along Deansgate, Cross Street, past Albert Square and the town hall, before returning to Castlefield.

Last year more than 50,000 people attended the extravaganza and it is hoped more will line the streets this year to enjoy the parade, the entertainment in Albert Square and above all, the celebration of Manchester.

Councillor Pat Karney, Chair of Manchester Day, is confident of the impact of this year’s event. He says: “The annual Manchester Day Parade has become indelibly printed on the minds of people across the region as one of the best loved events in the city’s summer calendar. It’s not surprising as the last two years have shown how spectacular the day can be.

“Each year I think we can’t beat last year, and every year I am proved wrong – it just keeps getting better and better.”

Also in buoyant mood is Councillor Rosa Battle, Manchester City Council’s executive member for culture and leisure. Cllr Battle says: “Manchester Day is the perfect opportunity to get the family together for a memorable day out in the city centre. The parade has something for all ages and the artworks are truly something to behold. The celebration is not only a great day out, but also generates a massive economic benefit for city centre businesses.”

From start to finish – through concept designs, to the creative workshops – the parade has been a vehicle for Mancunians to use art as way of paying tribute to their city.

Liz Pugh, Producer at Walk the Plank, says: “Many groups are using the parade as a chance to celebrate their own heroes - volunteers and participants who give up their time in order to make a difference. The atmosphere at the workshops has been fantastic as people work together to create their individual floats and costumes and we’d love lots of people to come along with their families to cheer us on along the parade route.”

For more information visit the website at: http://www.themanchesterdayparade.co.uk

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1580957_thousands-expected-to-turn-out-for-manchester-day-parade

parade route here: http://themanchesterdayparade.co.uk/plan-your-visit/parade-route-map/

road closures here: http://themanchesterdayparade.co.uk/plan-your-visit/road-closures/

suspensions of street parking: http://themanchesterdayparade.co.uk/plan-your-visit/parking-suspension/

that's our car park plans scuppered, will have to go hunting for a new one now. grrrrrrrrr!

I suggest people stay away from the City Centre then, if you can find an alternative route around the outskirts do it,easier said than done though.

Nando's in Didsbury for lunch me thinks before I make my way to the box office now that I know our tickets are waiting.

Will be an early lunch though. Have been looking forward to this gig all year and after reading comments and seeing some of the pics it looks awesome.

:D