✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown third single - confirmed by Q!

coldpatrix

http://news.qthemusic.com/2011/12/coldplay_-_paradise.html

Q306 cover stars Coldplay are today's track of the day, with their latest single Charlie Brown (out now).

The band, who won Best Act In The World Today at this years Q Awards, released their fifth LP Mylo Xyloto in October, earning a a five-star rating from us. Check out our behind the scene's guide to its recording now.

"I'm always writing melodies in my head," frontman Chris Martin tells Q in this month's issue, Q306. "That's my way of making sense of the day and the world. Between here and home I tend to get lots. It's just something I've been given I guess."

Watch below for a Q Awards interview with Guy Berryman and Jonny Buckland below now, and for more music from Coldplay, visit Coldplay.com.

Really?

It's downloadable from the album on iTunes. All the tracks are available now.

Yes but obviously not as a single with a video, possible B-sides, heavy TV promotion etc.

I love Charlie brown and think it deserves to be a single at some point, but PoC (with the theme of a King, and with Rihanna duetting no less) would have been perfect for a Christmas single imho. But perhaps they're avoiding the Christmas battle for number one again (it wouldn't surprise me).

I just want the video for CB (but not a live show video) to be filmed. I have a million ideas for it. :dazzled:

Maybe they shelved PoC cause of the Vietnamese chick? :thinking:

Maybe she sued them or something (they want to pay her cause they made a similar song without knowing her song existed perhaps).

But making such a mainstream song and not releasing it (with a video) is kinda pointless...