✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

Coldplay just tweeted this, what a coincidence ;)

@coldplay: Re a few folks asking - you're welcome to bring your camera to a Coldplay show (as long as it's not a professional / removable lens one). A

i'm so relieved to have a confirmation! but still hoping that they film something :)

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So cameras are NOT allowed? Despite LiveNation saying the are?

Back when they started the #ColdplayFilm, Phil asked for suggestions for where it sould be filmed, and many including me said Toronto. Some even said we deserved it because of the canceled DVD in '06 and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

But I'm devastated that there will be few pics from my hometown.

Wonder if it was the backlash, or just confusion between the two parties? Either way, I'm happy now!

Since the original policy was 'at the request of the tour' I'm guessing Coldplay amended or at least ok'd the amendment. But non-professional camers haven't been allowed anywhere on the tour, so why the temporary blanket ban?

I think it's because they don't want to may flashed interfering with their own filming.;) #ColdplayFilmLiveInToronto,lol.

*daydreams*

Nothing against Toronto but they definetely need to film their DVD in a stadium,not in a Arena. All those amazing fireworks would be missing...:cry:

They owe us for the '06 DVD,lol!!!

But I'm pretty sure they filmed the Emirates gigs too, and probably the whole tour. So there will surely be lots of scenes with the full stadium lights and pyro.:)

If I'm a film maker, I'm going to want to juxtapose the two for the sake of contrast...

They also filmed both nights in Chicago on Viva tour for a "concert film" and we got nothing from it as well even though it was the first show on the tour that they had an unrehearsed encore etc. Toronto isn't the only place deserving damnit! :)

Since the original policy was 'at the request of the tour' I'm guessing Coldplay amended or at least ok'd the amendment. But non-professional camers haven't been allowed anywhere on the tour, so why the temporary blanket ban?

I think it's because they don't want to may flashed interfering with their own filming.;) #ColdplayFilmLiveInToronto,lol.

*daydreams*

Ohh really, even non-pro cameras haven't been allowed up to this point?