✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

So soon!! I wonder if they're going to change up the setlist, because it'll be 2 weeks since their last show, maybe they'll tinker with the speed of sound, lovers in japan, or acoustic part. I hope they keep warning sign!! I also want them to play shiver, or politik!

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a Canon DSLR camera i really want to bring, anyone know if it would be allowed?

Apparently not :( According to what I've heard from the Acc's twitter... I might try and get my digital canon in and see what happens...

I have a smaller digital canon that i used at the last CP concert I went to, but this one is much nicer and I was looking forward to using it! I think I am going to bring it anyways and try. I will get there early enough and will ask.

Apparently not :( According to what I've heard from the Acc's twitter... I might try and get my digital canon in and see what happens...

Air Canada Centre ‏@LIVEatACC

@v_grecz @coldplayer4life This policy is at the request of the tour.

5h Veronica ‏@veronica9p

@LIVEatACC no cameras for @Coldplay?? is this rule for all sections of the venue? and what if someone has a camera, will it be confiscated?

5h Air Canada Centre ‏@LIVEatACC

@veronica9p @Coldplay Yes, this applies to the whole venue. Please leave your camera at home as security will not allow it in. Thank you.

At request of the tour!?? Does that mean CP people!?

Air Canada Centre ‏@LIVEatACC

@v_grecz @coldplayer4life This policy is at the request of the tour.

5h Veronica ‏@veronica9p

@LIVEatACC no cameras for @Coldplay?? is this rule for all sections of the venue? and what if someone has a camera, will it be confiscated?

5h Air Canada Centre ‏@LIVEatACC

@veronica9p @Coldplay Yes, this applies to the whole venue. Please leave your camera at home as security will not allow it in. Thank you.

At request of the tour!?? Does that mean CP people!?

Yeah that's what I was talking about.... I heard from the oracle though that we are allowed to bring cameras... I'm gonna bring mine anyway... see what happens

Oh good Lord! It isn't like my hotel is right next door so I could run back if I couldn't get it in. I think I will call the day of the show and see!

That's a good idea, I am just going to get there early and ask. if not, just walk it back and lock it up safely! grr! >_<

It's so confusing! Oracle says yes, ACC says no. Wish there was just an official statement saying definitely yes/no.

I just dug this up

This is from the oracle

"Q. Respectable Oracle,

How is it that we, as Coldplayers, are asked to upload pictures and videos to update the Live Archive when cameras are not allowed? Or is it assumed that we all own smart-ish cellular devices? I am not trying to be facetious, just wondering how others have gotten by sneaking these shots because I am seriously contemplating smuggling a memory catcher *cough* into the Coldplay concert I am soon attending.

Love always,

Adelaide

The Oracle replies:

Who says you're not allowed to take a camera? Apart from camera phones which I know many people do have these days, you are allowed to take cameras - as long as they're not full professional kit. Leave the telephoto lens at home but snap away and then share your pics via Live Transmission."

I just dug this up

This is from the oracle

"Q. Respectable Oracle,

How is it that we, as Coldplayers, are asked to upload pictures and videos to update the Live Archive when cameras are not allowed? Or is it assumed that we all own smart-ish cellular devices? I am not trying to be facetious, just wondering how others have gotten by sneaking these shots because I am seriously contemplating smuggling a memory catcher *cough* into the Coldplay concert I am soon attending.

Love always,

Adelaide

The Oracle replies:

Who says you're not allowed to take a camera? Apart from camera phones which I know many people do have these days, you are allowed to take cameras - as long as they're not full professional kit. Leave the telephoto lens at home but snap away and then share your pics via Live Transmission."

Hmm, well. I was going to attach my 55-250mm zoom lens. Hah! Crap.

Here's another answer I dug up which is a little more recent I think

"Q. The Hollywood Bowl site says that there are no cameras allowed so how are we expected to add to the live feed?

The Oracle replies:

I have addressed this already but I shall do so again because... it does not say there are no cameras allowed on their site.

What it actually says is:

"Flash photography, professional camera or recording equipment (including cameras with detachable lenses, any form of camera stand or audio/video recording devices), laser pointers or other electronic devices are prohibited."

You don't need flash anyway as it ruins the shot. If you're taking a non-professional camera or a phone that takes pics - you'll be fine."

Lol, maybe it's different now? :P Hopefully lol?

It's in Canon's telephoto lens lineup. So technically it's a telephoto zoom lens. I have other lens' that I will use instead I think, if i can even get it in the venue.

I was just so excited about having a better camera this time around. =/

It's in Canon's telephoto lens lineup. So technically it's a telephoto zoom lens. I have other lens' that I will use instead I think, if i can even get it in the venue.

I was just so excited about having a better camera this time around. =/

Yeah no kidding! It'd be awesome to get some amazing pictures!!

Here's another answer I dug up which is a little more recent I think

"Q. The Hollywood Bowl site says that there are no cameras allowed so how are we expected to add to the live feed?

The Oracle replies:

I have addressed this already but I shall do so again because... it does not say there are no cameras allowed on their site.

What it actually says is:

"Flash photography, professional camera or recording equipment (including cameras with detachable lenses, any form of camera stand or audio/video recording devices), laser pointers or other electronic devices are prohibited."

You don't need flash anyway as it ruins the shot. If you're taking a non-professional camera or a phone that takes pics - you'll be fine."

Ahh gosh! This stinks. HAHA, I am laughing out of frustration. I might as well put my non zoom lens on and leave it at that, it's better than nothing and still better quality from my small digital.

Yeah no kidding! It'd be awesome to get some amazing pictures!!

well I was going to record the whole show. I got a bunch of good video at my last CP concert, wanted to be able to do better this time. We shall see.

well I was going to record the whole show. I got a bunch of good video at my last CP concert, wanted to be able to do better this time. We shall see.

Oh that'd be even better!! I imagine the camera would be a little tricky to sneak in lol.

Ahh gosh! This stinks. HAHA, I am laughing out of frustration. I might as well put my non zoom lens on and leave it at that, it's better than nothing and still better quality from my small digital.

Hmmm....that stinks... Hopefully the Oracle replies to my question! It'll be more clear then.