✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

I can't believe they're doing this... Coldplay must have a reason though. Maybe they figured, eh, we'll enjoy the show better if we're not holding a camera recording? Just a new rule for the rest of the tour.

Hmmmm... or maybe they decided to film the whole show for a DVD??? :o I think I'll go check what the other venues are doing.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe they're doing this... Coldplay must have a reason though. Maybe they figured, eh, we'll enjoy the show better if we're not holding a camera recording? Just a new rule for the rest of the tour.

Hmmmm... or maybe they decided to film the whole show for a DVD??? :o I think I'll go check what the other venues are doing.

Ooo... That would be awesome! I could live with that. Let us know what you find out at other venues!?

ring them back and tell them your phone does all three. See what they say!

:D

They said that phones would be allowed, they can't take away phones, but ANY camera will be confiscated. When I asked why the lady said that it was someone in the tour that requested it, like a manager or high up producer person. It wasn't the ACC who made the decision, or related to the ACC in any way. The woman said she thought it was odd because in the past Coldplay allowed point and shoot digital cameras, but she had no idea why this time. I told her I hope that CP record it and release a DVD, and she agreed. Haha.

I just saw that Live Nation tweeted this:

Live Nation Ontario

‏@LiveNationON

Revised Camera Policy for @Coldplay: No professional cameras (lens cannot exceed 75mm), No Audio/Video Recording Equipment. Thank you.

I thought that was *always* the policy, at least in regards to the recording equipment.

Either way, the first time I saw the lads they filmed it (for How We Saw the World) so it'd be nice if they filmed again and actually got released this time.

That said, with floor seats I'm worried that everything will be obstructed by gear if they are indeed filming.

Either way, we'll find out Monday! See you there!

Confirmation about the cameras from Coldplay:

Re a few folks asking - you're welcome to bring your camera to a Coldplay show (as long as it's not a professional / removable lens one). A

Whoops didn't see your post. Sorry

Coldplay just tweeted this, what a coincidence ;)

@coldplay: Re a few folks asking - you're welcome to bring your camera to a Coldplay show (as long as it's not a professional / removable lens one). A

Haha, glad to have settled this!