✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

namerica.jpg

North American tour announced

8 December 2011 11:59 am

21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

news_line.png

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm debating between going to this show or the one in Montreal. I'm in Toronto right now for school, but I'll be back home in Ottawa for the summer. Guess I'll have to see what the seating plans/ticket prices are like and then decide.

Does anyone know anything about how the American Express pre-sale works? Are there only certain seats usually available for these types of sales?

I want GA, but I don't know if they will sell those tickets at this pre-sale. However, I'm also worried if I don't buy during the presale I might not get anything during the regular sale as tickets go so fast and it all depends on how fast my computer will be that day.

I googled Air Canada Center and appeared to get ticket info for the concert. Tickets appeared to start at $97 and then go up to approximately $167, $187, over$200. But then I got alittle confused. Floor seats appeared to be advertised upwards to almost $1000 - which doesn't make any sense to me...I was hoping someone else had figured out the pricing...

anyone know a decent hotel to book with close to the Air Canada Center?

i thiiink it was around $100 for GA tickets (in 2009)

maybe they're still debating about venues (although they already announced it). there was a problem like that a couple of years back with toronto's date not showing up on ticketmaster and changed from ACC to Rogers Centre. we will have to wait and see! :D

GA floors will be seats, I've yet to be at a Coldplay show in an arena with a GA pit. Floors are usually about $120 or so, 100 level usually pretty close to that price too. My guess is that the cheap seats will be about $75.

In terms of pre sales, they allocate a certain block of seats from all seating levels. So you can actually end up waiting until Saturday and get better seats if all the GA floors sell out immediately (which they obviously would).

Being at the ACC, unless they do a centre stage, in the round, there will only be about 16000 tickets available. At Rogers, even with an end stage there will be twice that many tickets. It will be interesting to see if they change venues or add a second date.

I'd rather have it at the rogers center with a ga pit rather than assigned floor seating at the air canada centre. It's so much easier to get close to the front and see in a pit. Wasn't it on the viva tour where they switched from the ACC to rogers? Tickets go on sale monday though. :/

For the viva tour they ended up adding a buffalo date a month after I bought toronto tickets. If they do that again for this I won't be happy!

I'd rather have it at the rogers center with a ga pit rather than assigned floor seating at the air canada centre. It's so much easier to get close to the front and see in a pit. Wasn't it on the viva tour where they switched from the ACC to rogers? Tickets go on sale monday though. :/

For the viva tour they ended up adding a buffalo date a month after I bought toronto tickets. If they do that again for this I won't be happy!

heh, even if they had announced both a toronto and a buffalo date at the same I would have planned on going to both

I sure hope they announce one at some point.....

Also, after attending shows at both venues, I'd definitely have to agree that the Rogers Centre is preferable. Actually much, much better.

Anybody else wondering why the TO show is still not showing in Ticketmaster.ca?

Only Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Montreal.

I haven't received an AMEX Front of The Line message either... it's getting close to the presale and I hate not knowing what's going on with tickets

Van, Edmonton and Calgary have an AMEX presale starting Wed 10 am...

Hey everyone, it's been absolute ages since I've been on the forums (since the last tour!) but I can't wait for them to be coming to Toronto again!

aunie, I noticed in your signature that you were in the pit in the front row at the Rogers Centre! I was too -- but between Chris and Jonny. Still blows my mind to this day :heart:

this will be my first Coldplat concert. Coming in from Nova Scotia for it. Question - does the concert usually sell out within minutes/hours? I have an appointment the morning tickets go on sale (I know...) and wont't get to the computer right away...Need to know if I should change my plans...

^ don't remember actually from when I saw them at the Rogers Centre/Skydome (viva era). but keep in mind the ACC is a lot smaller than Rogers Centre

I don't know if I should go to this one, i mean i've downloaded some festival gigs already and know what to expect. Of course they could always change the setlist and stuff but still unsure.

I spoke with AMEX yesterday, they said the AMEX Front of the Line tickets appear to be ready for tentative sale on December 14th, not the 12th. He said to keep checking online as that is where the final date will show up. Tried calling Ticketmaster directly but they closed an hour ago. I will call them first thing tomorrow to see if I can get some information.

Sitting here getting anxious about this! Perhaps its going to be a Rogers Centre show as you guys are suggesting and they will try to push that Rogers tickets urMusic Wireless Ticket site independent of Ticketmaster...they certainly pushed it hard at the concert in the Lot at Much Music in September.

I was in the GA pit for the Toronto show in 2009 - it was amazing. That said the only place to be (in my opinion) when attending a concert at the Rogers Centre is in a pit type situation. I have gone to a number of concerts there and have left disappointed as the venue is just too large and the sound is not the best. The only concerts I have enjoyed there are Coldplay and U2 and both times I was up front and centre. If this is not an option for the up and coming Coldplay tour, then I would rather see them at the Air Canada Centre.....have seen them there a couple times already and both shows were nothing short of incredible.....