✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

The concert was just awesome! I was standing and dancing every minute along with everyone else. I want Chris' tshirt that had "ok" on the right shoulder. Anyone know where to get one?

Same! It was Incredible!

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concert was just awesome! I was standing and dancing every minute along with everyone else. I want Chris' tshirt that had "ok" on the right shoulder. Anyone know where to get one?

I'm pretty sure that it is actually the "CK" sign, which is the symbol of UATW (and also stands for Car Kids :sneaky: ) :)

SAME :D and i might wear my xyloband forever :P

I took a pic of my cat wearing mine,lol. ADORABLE! He likes to chew things so he can't keep it,lol. I'm wearing it to my gig tomorrow night and hoping it lights up randomly like others have...how cool would that be??:D

This show was absolutely incredible!!! I think it's my new favorite out of all my coldplay concerts :wacky:

Alina, Katie, and I got upgraded to the second row with the seats closest to the stage/ramp, but during the show we were all against the barrier so we kinda ended up being front row because we couldn't get any closer. The boys were in brilliant form, they really put on a spectacular show. Chris kept making faces at us and we made them back which was fun and entertaining hahah. During X stage I saw Phil on the other side of the ramp and shouted his name and waved and then later in the show he came over to our side to take pictures of Coldplay and he took one of Alina, Katie, and me :freak:

Also before the show we told Matt we loved his book and he thanked us :D And after the show Matt gave Alina the setlist and then later we saw him outside the venue and he apologized that there weren't any more setlists and put a handful of guitar pics in my hand for us. We talked to him some more and took a picture, he's seriously the sweetest/nicest guy ever oh my god.

But yes, coldplay fucking killed it. I have some good pictures I'll upload later :D

Ahh!!

So I used to post a bit a few years ago, but can't access my account anymore!

I was at this show and I got upgraded to the 2nd row!!!! Dream come true!!

Loving this thread, the pictures are amazing. I will try to post some of my videos soon for you guys!!

Here's a link to my blog about my experience getting upgraded!!!! I'm still in shock. I figured that if there's anybody that would understand how I felt and actually be interested to read, it would be you guys!!

http://coldplayinmylife.wordpress.com/

STILL CAN'T BELIEVE how incredible that night was!!

Can't wait for them to come back! :)

We're cool. \m/ We reused a sign we made from the last Coldplay concert in Toronto a couple years ago!

DSCN6063.jpg

And some of my halfway decent pictures:

DSCN6047.jpg

DSCN6029.jpg

DSCN6040.jpg

DSCN6028.jpg

Hey!!! I'm the girl that took the picture of your friends and your sign!! Hehehe. Nice to meet you again ;).. Your other pictures turned out incredible!!! :)

Does anyone have the full setlist from this show? I was there and I was trying to keep track but i got a wee bit distracted and taken over by the experience of it all. I'd love to have the full setlist though so I can make a playlist :)

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

In My Place

Major Minus

Lovers In Japan

The Scientist

Yellow

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

B-Stage

Princess of China

Up in Flames

Warning Sign

A Hopeful Transmission

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Viva La Vida

Charlie Brown

Paradise

C-stage

Us Against the World

Speed Of Sound

Encore:

Clocks

Fix You

M.M.I.X.

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Back in the States after going to both Toronto shows. Both were amazing. The crowd on the 23rd was fantastic around where I was sitting! And eye contact with Chris... well, that's just mind-blowing.

Others have posted great reviews so I'll just say this. Each time I see Coldplay they remind me why I am a fan - even though I'm quite a bit older than the typical one. All around me were kids, parents, young people - even folks my age. The appeal of this band is astonishing and when you see them live you can see why. They are one of the hardest working bands out there and really care about us - it's clear. That's why I'll be going to Coldplay shows as long as I possibly can. I will be seeking volunteers to help me with my walker one day, but I'll keep on going!

Btw, sorry if this was already mentioned.. But did anyone notice Chris change shirts in the middle?!

I was dying because I kept screaming 'Take your shirt off' in-between all the songs as a joke, and then next thing you know he was doing it. Hahahaha.

I've never noticed him doing that before, but I've also never been in the 2nd row before.. so I've probably missed it in the past.

while walking around, before their set, drinking a vodka cooler ;) I saw a real mix of ages of people in attendance *note, this was my first Coldplay concert* and hopefully not my last! I was truly impressed with them, how they really put on SUCH a fantastic show. (I only wished I liked my job like those guys obviously do).

while walking around, before their set, drinking a vodka cooler ;) I saw a real mix of ages of people in attendance *note, this was my first Coldplay concert* and hopefully not my last! I was truly impressed with them, how they really put on SUCH a fantastic show. (I only wished I liked my job like those guys obviously do).

Same feeling!! What an amazing feeling finally seeing my favorite band in the world live :)

Btw, sorry if this was already mentioned.. But did anyone notice Chris change shirts in the middle?!

I was dying because I kept screaming 'Take your shirt off' in-between all the songs as a joke, and then next thing you know he was doing it. Hahahaha.

I've never noticed him doing that before, but I've also never been in the 2nd row before.. so I've probably missed it in the past.

He did! I just didn't catch when he did it. Last year he would keep wearing the same one until the encore, dunno why he changed it earlier that night.

All I can say is WOW what an amazing experience! I don't even know how to put it in words how much I loved that show. I even got choked up during Yellow. That's the song that started it all for me, and to have them singing it live in front of me, and then to hear the whole audience singing along and to be part of that; just wow.

I was a bit worried about my seats (section 118) because we were on the side, but it was a great view. Although I would have loved to have been closer...what's better than being in front on the floor?

We got there just before the show started as we really wanted to see Marina and the Diamonds. While we were waiting for the show to start I was watching up in the 300s because I had read the stories of people being upgraded. Sure enough, I spot a guy in black shirt and shorts, he kept popping up in each section, looking around, then he got in about 307 and he started talking to this couple. Then I saw them get up and follow him, and a while later they appeared down below me in the second row. Lucky buggers! I have to admit that while I was happy for them, I was a bit jealous. I was wondering if they were as big a fan as me, and that yes, my seats weren't in the nose bleed section, but I would LOVE to be moved to the floor. Why not me? Selfish I know. :embarrassed:

Also, I had bought two seats in the same row, but not together and was worried how I was going to work that out as I was taking my 14 year old daughter and wanted us to sit together. But everyone was pretty cool about moving down one seat. Except this one guy who was a bit of a jerk about it. But he seemed to be a jerk in general. He kept drinking all night and getting louder and more obnoxious. He was so LOUD during Up in Flames that I almost told him to shut up.

But all those things aside it was a fantastic evening. I screamed with excitement the first time we all lit up. So cool. I sang, I danced, I cried. I just couldn't stop thinking "wow, that is actually Coldplay live and in person down there singing for me" (and thousands others) That was so worth every penny getting from Halifax to TO for one night. Can't wait to do it again, only wish I could have afforded both nights.

I haven't even looked at my pictures yet but if I have any decent ones I'll post them. My daughter took some videos too so we'll see how they turn out.

* I forgot to mention about the xyloband. After the show we went to the floor to collect some confetti, and on the way back up we found two xylobands on the floor. I brought them home figuring I could give them away on the xyloband thread. When I got home my youngest daughter really wanted one, so I let her have one, and as soon as she put it on it turned on! It was so weird! I had her put on the other ones, but they didn't turn on. The lights stayed on for about 8 hours before the batteries died.

Yes, he changed in front of the crowd (back to us) just before going out to the X stage. He also changed somewhere on the way to the C stage. He did this both nights.