✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ AWD Arena, Hannover, Germany

Jenjie

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday it finally happened that concert of the year 2012 in Hanover by Coldplay, and I was with my wife there.

Also this time I can just anticipate that I was completely thrilled by the concert of the four British guys and I'm at the next concert in Hannover, what they give back with it. I think I will also take my two daughters to whom you will like for sure too.

Against 14:45 clock we have delivered to our kids friends have been paying attention to it, a big THANK at this point, without them we would not be able to visit the Coldplay concert.

Ca.16.00Uhr we have inserted a snack break at MC Donald south of Hannover, and the anticipation for the concert went, and in my anxiety to get a parking space close to the AWD-Arena.

Laatzen out we made our route to the stadium in Hanover, which had a market and every time the lights were on red and as if that still was not enough to compete against another Wiesbaden tram and at exactly the crossroads where we had to turn absolutely. It's not like when I am familiar in Hanover. ;-(

So be it, so went back to the junction and continue and to misfortune to einzubiegen crossing the street to take us to Coldplay.

As expected, the large parking lots around the AWD-Arena were already full, but we were lucky to get us very close to a grass verge parking place where you could not, well, we were not the one and only. ;-) "I hope they do not drag us down", these were my thoughts to the stadium.

At 17:25 clock we were in the AWD Arena and our first visit was to the toilets. :-)) Ah, that's a great feeling when the bladder is empty.

Slowly we went there already on our burst and looked us in and half an hour to as the stadium filled before the first support band started playing, "CharliXCX" (here's a small link to listen http://charlixcxmusic.com/ ) can say is not bad the girl I liked, but sometimes the bass were so strong that it sounded like some places overridden. Generally, one must say that the Sound 2009 but better was so clear. What the hell's not like as if you had not understood anything. ;-)

CharliXCX played as a half-hour, and in the meantime it was dark outside, they began to rebuild the stage, and there are still tons of people streamed into the arena.

Some time later, the second opening act was her appearance, it was " Marina & the Diamonds 'wow, if only because it was well worth the money. She put ne really great show and brought the crowd to a boil.

Against 21:10 clock Coldplay entered the stage and opened the concert with a great fireworks display and the song "Nurts Like Heaven" what. For Auftagt Followed songs like "Paradise," "Up In Flames", "Violet Hill," Lovers In Japan "and much more. Course there was but" not Viva La Lida "missing, sounds good to sing when 45,000 spectators Oh Ho Ho, ho. :-))

After about two hours the show was already over, so quickly, how time flies when you experience great things. Unfortunately, the lads have played no encore, which I. Too bad but other hand, was singing Chris Martin, the frontman of Clodplay mostly in T-shirts and sweat is the only way of spending and at a temperature of only 7 degrees Another reason is that she was probably the only allowed to play up to 23 clock, I can only shake his head.

Well, it is always so when it is something great in life, great moments are soon over.

When 45,000 spectators take the trip home and some many still travel by car, as we do, you stand ever half past eleven in the night in Hanover jam, great, I've always wanted. ;-))

Conclusion, even at this concert I will remember for a long time back and this is without doubt one of the highlights of this year in my life. :-)

[thanks Stefan]

http://seliuswelt.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/coldplay-live-in-hannover-2012.html

OMG!

Once again it was a great show that Coldplay has delivered last night at the AWD Arena in Hanover.

For me it was just a great experience, this time, right in the 2nd row (Front of Stage), Coldplay live to experience.

My sister and I had made shortly after 1:30 on the way to Hanover. Since the shooting park by the very bodies for the Oktoberfest, the parking was limited, was briefly parked at the Maritim Hotel and the short walk to the stadium walking is involved.

We had a good half hour before the doors there and had plenty of time to go to the south-west entrance and there to have a fast and relaxed intake. Immediately afterwards there was the brilliant LED bracelet, which was part of the show!

I must say, I would have thought that would have been let go, but my sister and I could easily get hold of a great place in the 2 series. So I did not expect.

Coldplay has spared no expense and have once again conjured up a great stage. The web was the same as 2 years ago. We were left off the dock, right in front of guitarists. After waiting for a good three hours, we started with the opening acts. Who were there: Charli XCX and Marina and the Diamonds.

Shortly after 21 clock we went with a great intro and fireworks going on with the first song. And you're right in the middle was the Coldplay concert experience. And finally came the LED bracelets used. It is a sight when 45,000 lights blink in the stadium.

My wish was fulfilled by 2 years ago and there was again in front of confetti butterflies, birds, hearts, X and M.

It was just great, like the scraps of paper in the air over a flew and trickled down.

Very nice again was that they again had a small stage in the back room and there concert played 3 songs.

After 2 hours, the concert was over.

Happily went with a handful of confetti home. After a good half-hour in Hanover in a traffic jam.

My conclusion after two Coldplay concerts: I would look at me again and again a concert by Coldplay because I get delivered a great show, but not for the low ticket price. But you get also a lot to offer for the money.

The music is great, the awesome stage show, as well as a magnificent laser and light show, which seeks its equal. And gives a chic final fireworks it also =)

[thanks Jules]

http://jules-moments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/coldplay-in-hannover-22092012.html

han80.jpg

Panorama: AWD Arena, Hannover

23 September 2012 7:49 pm

The pre-show panorama from Coldplay's last European MX show

news_line.png

Good evening. Here's Roadie #42's final panorama for a few weeks, from before last night's show in Hannover. Click the picture to see the full version - and add your photos from the show to our Live Archive. Plus, you can check out our live blog from the show here.

20120922HannoverSmall.jpg

Click here for all the other summer 2012 crowd panoramas.

Anchorman

So finally all my pictures are uploaded and it’s time for my review (including the Lebkuchen – and the flag-story!). As it again turned out longer than I had expected I put it into a spoiler. It will probably be the same story as Thalia’s but I think hers will be better than mine and anyway we have different pics ;)

Originally I had not planned to go to Hannover but after the Cologne concert I simply had to see it all again! The train journey up there and the ride to the stadium was quite uneventful and I arrived at about 1pm at the Arena. So no early-morning qeueing for me this time but Thalia and Volker had faithfully kept a place for me. There were less people there than I had thought for a Saturday and the others had already met up with some other Coldplaying members – Raphaele, Imke and some others whose names I did not catch. We also met the very nice Fiona who brought iron man along. And of course Chris the elephant man was there again.

Here is our flag that Thalia had made:

KopievonP9220004_zpsc60afaf4.jpg

The weather was a bit dramatic – one minute sunny and nice, the next pouring rain and icy cold. We took a walk round the area – which was really huge, we did not make it once round the stadion:

P9220009_zps570b7438.jpg

P9220011_zpsd7e8a4b1.jpg

P9220012_zps2f770e73.jpg

The Maschsee, as you can see rather dramatic weather:

P9220015_zpsa6280b9a.jpg

P9220016_zpsd6477874.jpg

Well, and then things started to get interesting. Shortly before 3pm some security guys came and told us as we had been there for so long already we would be let in to the next barrier in a few minutes. It was all very disorganized though - some of the guys checked our bags, others didn’t and they did not know whether only the small or also the large gates were to be opened so we spread evenly. Then one of the coldest hours of my life began as we stood under some kind of roof far removed from any sun, there was no chance to sit any more, my friends were at the other gate and I slowly froze miserably.

After we were let in to the second barrier – view behind me to the first barrier with others not being allowed to get further (which did not really make sense).

P9220026_zpsd5b9ae40.jpg

P9220028_zps0da76d9d.jpg

P9220031_zpse3b9f4be.jpg

Shortly before 4pm the entrance on the far right started to let people in so the others followed till some angry security guy shouted that it was too early and everyone already in had to go back! Which again proved that Coldplay fans are just the nicest in the world as really everybody came back without complaining and all laughed about it. Finally we were let in and though the security insisted on a second bag-search and were really unfriendly nobody stopped us from running. And it was a VERY long run uphill, into the stadium and once round the barriers but we made it to the front row. This time we had decided to stand directly in front of the X-stage, which was the best idea we ever had. And what a wonderful surprise when suddenly our friend YellowGirl turned up who had bought a ticket only that day and did not have time to tell any of us!

Here are some stadium pics:

P9220034_zpse36a0fb1.jpg

P9220036_zpsf298a87d.jpg

P9220037_zpsc13ae536.jpg

P9220038_zps680667bc.jpg

P9220051_zps5624d5df.jpg

P9220056_zps48163fdf.jpg

P9220049_zps4d3824e5.jpg

P9220066_zps63ad2040.jpg

P9220067_zpsc2e92f01.jpg

P9220068_zps54242b39.jpg

Some fans had a rather more relaxed approach to getting a good place ;)

P9220057_zps9db65618.jpg

The two sweet 16-year-old boys standing behind us spending their waiting time at their first Coldplay Concert.

P9220062_zps60d080f6.jpg

Nice Oxfam-Helpers

P9220041_zps1e524da2.jpg

Iron-Man was there, too!

P9220046_zps3c873616.jpg

And here is the good-looking roadie whose name we still don’t know so we christened him “Mr. Handsome”:

P9220070_zps8eba3ece.jpg

He is starting to get really popular and got a lot of shouts and applause and we kept doing waves for him so that in the end he dropped his cool mask and started laughing (though I did not catch that on camera – I was busy with the wave).

Well, I had brought some Lebkuchen and as we all know that Will likes them we decided to draw a sign and try to make him notice…

P9220077_zps9cebed88.jpg

The weather stayed dry but it was really chilly so you could hear – not very original - jokes about this being a COLDplay concert all around.

Then it was show-Time and Chalie XCX came on. This time the sound was much better (though maybe it was just that we stood in another place) and I found that I actually liked her songs.

P9220079_zps2ebbb5f6.jpg

P9220081_zpsfb486921.jpg

Marina was great and elegant as always.

P9220097_zpse037ca02.jpg

P9220098_zps5adde394.jpg

Miller came around for the Panorama and made some pics for the blog but though he took a picture of us waving the flag as madly as we could it did not make it into the blog.

Some Roadie-Activity before Coldplay:

Hoppy

P9220114_zps69f6fa92.jpg

P9220116_zpsb9d50dfd.jpg

P9220119_zpsb908eefe.jpg

And then – 99 problems and Coldplay! It was absolutely fantastic again. I will as always leave comments on the technical performance to others – I simply again loved every song, the Xylobands, the fireworks, the confetti and the balloons. MX/Hurts Like Heaven is an amazing Opener I would not want to miss, Major Minus just rocks, and once again I was stunned about the energy that comes across during this incredible beginning of GPASUYF. The running man animation in Charlie Brown is definitely a favourite of mine. Us Against the World is simply beautiful and the same goes for Warning sign. From our place in front of the X-stage I could not quite hear as much from the crowd as like last time from the side but I think the audience was really good. Chris seemed to be in an extraordinary good mood, laughing and joking a lot. After Yellow he messed up – I think instead of starting with Violet Hill he went into the beginning of GPASUYF, so they had to stop and start all over again. Later on the C-stage he messed up again though I don’t know what exactly went wrong. Maybe he was distracted by joeyhannover’s sunglasses ;)

The place in front of the X-stage was simply great. We had a direct view all along the runway so for the first time I could see the light show and the fireworks completely. Not to mention Chris and Jonny on the runway and the whole band up close during the X-stage Set. We also managed to get a balloon! And of course this place earned us some very special moments:

During the whole concert we of course behaved like true Coldplayers and gave our best. Every time Chris came close we waved our flag like mad and he noticed it during their X-stage Set. In one song (cannot remember which one) he even pointed at it.

After Up in Flames we got out the Lebkuchen and the sign and shouted out to Will. And he noticed! He screwed up his eyes trying to read it, finally got it and laughed so hard that he messed up the start of Warning sign which made Jonny laugh and mess up, too! Chris noticed that something was going on but did not see what so he just laughed. Unfortunately I could not give the Lebkuchen to Will as I dared not throw them and damage either the instruments or Will’s head with them and it was too far to pass it over (the security guy did not help either). But it was unbelievable!

Here will and Jonny laugh after messing up:

P9220235_zps4b8f20eb.jpg

For ETIAW Chris brought his own German flag but when he came along the runway the second time he left it behind and Thalia threw ours on stage. He picked it up and wrapped it around him and finished the song with it. Then when going to each corner of the stage to bow to the audience he passed it to Guy who later passed it to Will who put it on the piano. Chris grabbed his own flag again and that’s the one you see in the pictures of their final pose – unfortunately not ours though we were absolutely thrilled about him picking it up in the first place anyway.

Here Chris takes our flag, though you cannot really see it. When he picked it up I could not make a picture as I had helped with waving and fdid not have my camera ready fast enough.

P9220309_zps46443b37.jpg

Then it was all over and after the ritual "Gathering Of The Confetti" we were ushered out of the Arena – again very disorganized as the security hearded us through some bushes and hedges in the dark that could simply NOT have been the intended official path. On the long walk around the stadium to the car park we were approached by lots of people who wanted to touch our balloon (hmm, that sounds a bit dirty) and asked us if we wanted to part with it. I think we could have sold it for quite some money but of course we did not.

We said our good-byes to Raphaele and YellowGirl, put the balloon in the car and fought our way through the absolute traffic-chaos around the Arena and were finally on the way south, reliving the concert and listening to Coldplay the whole drive.

In the dark on the way out

P9220316_zpsc92f3248.jpg

The balloon got its own seat in the car.

P9230318_zps89003849.jpg

In the car we were still glowing in the dark.

P9230323_zps3d45c0f7.jpg

After a short stop at Thalia’s place Volker dropped me off at Duisburg train station at 3am but as my train had just left I had to wait 2 hours for the next one. As Duisburg station is not exactly the safest place to be in the middle of the night I decided to jump on the last train to Dusseldorf main station instead for the wait. There I narrowly avoided a TV-crew making a documentary about police officers on night shift, told a nice young African gentleman that no matter how often he assured me that he thought me beautiful I was not interested and spent the reminder of the 2 hours among tired Japanese businessmen, occasionally taking a walk outside to watch the rats happily at play and to not fall asleep. I was finally home by 6.30 in the morning and after taking a shower I realized that I had been awake for exactly 24 hours in a row, so I just fell into bed and a deep sleep.

Summary: A day among friends and - to quote Chris - “the best f** concert of my life”. I cannot imagine 24 hours invested in a better way. The only damper is that we do not know when and where the next time will be.

Some more concert pics – the place inf ornt of the X-stage was great but my camera could not quite cope with the frontal lights apart from the X-stage set:

P9220128_zps12ac6b2b.jpg

P9220138_zpsd6c86b68.jpg

P9220155_zps04bc32de.jpg

P9220156_zpsefcdf04b.jpg

The balloon says “Schöner Coldplay Hannover” and on the right side is Thalia’s arm ;)

P9220168_zps06c20fc7.jpg

P9220171_zps09f6ea6d.jpg

P9220172_zps9b02c99e.jpg

P9220201_zps01ed80db.jpg

P9220207_zps7b5ce143.jpg

P9220210_zps430835ca.jpg

P9220211_zps72964ece.jpg

P9220215_zps88203810.jpg

P9220216_zps665e2689.jpg

P9220221_zps8785413a.jpg

P9220222_zps2d4549d7.jpg

P9220226_zps31ae4b05.jpg

P9220227_zpsbb6bd663.jpg

P9220228_zps146a57aa.jpg

P9220230_zpsb2ac0c59.jpg

P9220234_zps85a734fa.jpg

P9220237_zps84d47c1a.jpg

P9220238_zpsbe12c8e8.jpg

P9220252_zps9d5b7346.jpg

P9220254_zps50d83c8e.jpg

P9220257_zpsd4724231.jpg

P9220279_zpseec3e939.jpg

P9220298_zpsd46e262c.jpg

P9220303_zps117167da.jpg

P9220306_zpsa76b14a6.jpg

P9220308_zpscd262ee5.jpg

AWESOME review!!!!!! thank you!! I LOVE your pics!!

After Up in Flames we got out the Lebkuchen and the sign and shouted out to Will. And he noticed! He screwed up his eyes trying to read it, finally got it and laughed so hard that he messed up the start of Warning sign which made Jonny laugh and mess up, too! Chris noticed that something was going on but did not see what so he just laughed. Unfortunately I could not give the Lebkuchen to Will as I dared not throw them and damage either the instruments or Will’s head with them and it was too far to pass it over (the security guy did not help either).

But it was unbelievable!

Unbelievable? indeed!

For ETIAW Chris brought his own German flag but when he came along the runway the second time he left it behind and Thalia threw ours on stage. He picked it up and wrapped it around him and finished the song with it. Then when going to each corner of the stage to bow to the audience he passed it to Guy who later passed it to Will who put it on the piano.

Amazing!!!!

That should be the best night of your life (or one of the best night!)

:D

Even my mom's friend told me I was rarely so happy and I just blasted the whole evening. :)) Yesterday was by far, but really by a wide margin the best night of the year! I was all the time so nervous and excited, I've felt a hundred times the phrases "Oh my God, I'm so excited!" And "Oh God, I'm so excited!" Said.

As a true fan of course I also had my nails match. :) For those who can not do anything on the thumb is the design of the CD and see the rest of the cover.

IMG_0554%252520-%252520Kopie%25255B5%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Be we thought that we leave a little bit earlier, we did not know, how much going on the highway is and how quickly we would find a spot. At half past four we were in Hanover, the time before the concert started (19h), but went by in a flash. I got myself in the time still a Coldplay t-shirt purchased (although I € 35 a bit expensive place - but I can not go to the concert of one of my favorite bands, without a souvenir who can not.), We have the Stadium a little looked at (and were glad that we had fixed seats ... those crowds, madness).

Coldplay had found two opening acts, first came Charli XCX, I had never met, but I really good. :) Is unfortunately rare that the initial groups are also good. The only time that this was the case for me was, when Rea - Jacob Brass.

The second opening act was Marina & The Diamonds. I had only known a song of those. When Marina started to sing, I was like "Oh my God." I thought that they make very good music, but the first two songs were really horrible. Fortunately, she has but then increased and finally I found them no longer even that bad. But not as good as Charli XCX. I think that comes across Marina but totally arrogant. Totally unsympathetic ..

Then it still took forever to Coldplay came on stage. A half to three quarters of an hour we had to wait, there were probably technical problems. But the wait was more than worth it! The concert was the last of the Mylo Xyloto - tour (at least in Europe) and thus there was a particularly good show.

At the entrance we got all the bracelets that were blinking on some songs to the rhythm (amazing picture!). The opening was a big hit anyway, the show has just started with fireworks. But I do not have much red, you convinced yourself of it.

Of course, we have not brought much to the seats, as everyone stood up anyway. I was so excited, my legs were really soft and I thought I hinged together equal.

While "In My Place", one of my favorite songs was played, Chris Martin ran along this ridge, once in the air and jumped at the precise moment was very much confetti sprayed with a bang. That was so great!

One can not imagine that this is actually in the stadium were 45,000 people! My biggest concert was 5000 people. This is sometimes loosely nine times.

Still at a relatively early Chris has played with a guitar, and then thrown into the air really high and I thought "The he starts but never in my life again?" Apparently he also had not before, but it has simply let fall to the ground. The beautiful guitar. : O But for the moment, that was really awesome. On the screen, which was then to see it again in slow motion, even from above, like the smashed guitar were lying there. I was wondering if they make it at every concert, so many guitars ...: D

And what would a concert without the absolute classic Coldplay: VIVA LA VIDA!

As the concert came to a close and Coldplay from the stage, the entire audience started to sing again Viva la vida. What we did not know was that Coldplay has used this time only to a small stage in the middle to go in public. They stood between then all the viewers and have "sung Us against the world" - Chris Martin's mom. :) First, only he was on stage, and little by little he came to the other members of the band.

After the song, she then walked to the side of the passenger compartment at the right stage, pursued by headlights. I said that it would be so great that they were now at the end, "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" sing for Mylo Xyloto heard - somehow this tour ... and what was the conclusion? :)

All in all I can say, even if it is incomparable to my previous concerts, it was the best so far! :) I'm a happy person back and left again. Would have loved to have watched the whole night. ♥

[thanks Sarina]

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://sarinaswelt.blogspot.com/2012/09/in-night-stormy-night-away-shed-fly.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcoldplay%2Bhannover%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D749%26tbs%3Dqdr:d%26tbm%3Dblg&sa=X&ei=DGJfUOLhCKKI0AWP-oHADw&ved=0CDYQ7gEwATgK

Thanks for the reviews so far and the ones to come!

I am not good at this, so I keep myself short:

Awesome (i.m.o. as usual)!

One of the writings on one of the balloons was "FREUDE SCHOENER GOETTERFUNKEN"

Maybe that describes it even better!

Met many nice people again!

You don´t have to believe me, but it´s true: about a minute before the panorama went online my Xyloband started to glow again. A sign! ;-)