✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ AWD Arena, Hannover, Germany

Jenjie

:) And I can see you on the Panorama pic! Did you have your beer?

Yes, I´ve had some burgers with Chris and his 3 friends....

NO, not what You´re thinking of!

Chris (MY MYLOXYLOTOUR) and his swiss friends that was!

And afterwards a beer to finish a perfect day!

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't check for spelling mistakes, I was too lazy :shame:

PART ONE:

Okay so FINALLY I'm posting my review, sorry for the long delay, working on the pictures/uploading them took a little bit too much time :uhoh:

ANYWAYSSSS time to let you guys know what the heck was going on yesterday! :dance:

Here it goes:

The day before the concert Volker, Jelena and I decided to take a German flag to the concert, because Chris apparently likes to wave flags around at the end of ETIAW. So why not try to get him our flag? :awesome:

So this was the result:

P1020542_zpsca41adb6.jpg

And we all thought it looked rather neat :blush:

I ordered my ticket for Hannover over the internet and the seller told me to I can meet him in front of the stadium to get it. Well, I ways rather nervous about this situation because there could always go something wrong with this guy so yeah, I was kinda nervous.

Anyway, Volker told me he would get me with his car and drive me to Hannover :cheesy: Well that was just way too awesome. So after thanking him for about 439583095 times, it was already saturday morning 7am and he was in front of my house. I got in, we got excited, and drove towards Hannover!

P1020543_zpsa0140744.jpg

P1020546_zps25d111c3.jpg

Yay autobahn! :awesome:

P1020549_zps81a07d99.jpg

The sky was getting brighter and so was our mood

Apart from the occasional rain I was pretty happy about the weather.:dance:

Volker also had to get his ticket from another guy, but it worked out all great.

On the way to the AWD Arena we spotted a lot of these graffitis:

P1020553_zpsab8df553.jpg

and had our first Coldplay fangirl moment :wacky:

At 9:45 we arrived in Hannover at the AWD Arena:

P1020556_zps0842ee04.jpg

EXCITEMENT LVL OVER 9000!!!

Getting our stuff out of the car, we headed towards the entrance where already six guys have been sitting around. They were giving me some strange looks because of the big flag waving around my shoulders lol:

P1020557_zps3b980655.jpg

Oh and yeah, no smilies over MY face this time, because actually I don't really care anymore. Now you all know how I look like :charming: Still, all the other guys got their little yellow round faces on them dahaha :awesome:

Okay, back to the review: This was the area where we dropped our bags and settled down:

P1020555_zpsfaeaf210.jpg

After an hour we were told that we had to move to the very front of those barriers (the barriers in the foreground) because the other metal gates were used for the ticket checkes later and stuff.

Okay then, heading back to the other gates then..

P1020558_zps555584d7.jpg

Apparently a few of these people with blankets on have come veeeery early to the gates :uhoh: Seemed like they slept there. Oh, and just you know it, it was 12°C outside, so it was bloody FREEZING. Can't imagine sleeping on the stoney ground was very pleasant.

And then my ticket seller came, gave me my ticket, wished us a great time and rode off with his bicycle :cheesy: YEAH finally! Now my nervousness went out of the window and I was running around because I was excited and cold and my flag was moving awesomely in the wind.

Yeah :awesome:

After another 20 minutes some girl arrived at the gates and looked around shyly. I went over, and we greeted each other which ensued like this:

Her: „Oh hi, I suppose you're also here because of the concert?“

Me: „Well yeah, kinda obvious isn't it?“

Her: „Yeah. Anyway, my name's Imke!“ :cheesy:

Me: *thinking for a moment* „My name is Thalia!“ *Imke? Like, Imke IMKE from the forum?!*

Imke: *also thinking for a moment* „Thalia?!“

Me: „Yeah?!“

Imke: „THALIA FROM THE FORUM?!“

Me: „THE FORUM. ARE YOU THE MOD“

Imke: „YES OMG“

*insert awkward exciting Coldplaying fangirl moment here*

Imke: „Awesome to finally meet you“ :blush:

Me: „Same here omg“ :blush:

Well that was cool wasn't it? I introduced her to Volker as well and now we finally had a tiny cute Coldplaying group of 3 people, yay!

P1020586_zpsf0419b88.jpg

Gotta love these blankets lol

And then Jelena came YEAHH and we went bonkers and then we had to pee :wacky:

So we got up and started searching toilets cuz the organisation team of the stadium apparently thought it wasn't necessary offering toilets for the 47ooo fans :dozey:

After walking around the whole stadium, taking pictures of this:

P1020562_zps485452a8.jpg

and those

P1020564_zps6929a801.jpg

P1020566_zps1e210215.jpg

P1020579_zps929f1215.jpg

and passing a lake

P1020568_zps7d9c518f.jpg

P1020569_zps0bf7e737.jpg

P1020607_zps3a818e79.jpg

P1020574_zpsad561821.jpg

and taking pictures of ducks (because they were cute and fluffy)

P1020571_zpse6331c28.jpg

we finally found toilets in a fancy-schmancy hotel, woot!

Then we headed back to our barriers I saw Chris from Switzerland approaching! :dance: After greeting and fangirling over him (again) I forced him to take my flag and put his elephant head on :lol:

P1020594_zps54fd339d.jpg

P1020595_zps81aa4f1b.jpg

You rawk dude :nod::thumbsup: Oh and not to mention his growing fanclub, there were already girls around him and taking pictures with him, too :lol:

I went back to our little group of Coldplayers and suddenly a girl from another group of fans scooted over to us and was like „Well uhhh. Hi. Umm. So I uh, heard you were talking about Coldplay the whole time and seemed so joyous and my group was only talking about relationships and parties and shit like that. So uhh, is it alright if I can join you guys?“

P1020587_zps0ebdddf1.jpg No need for smiley here haha

and I found that totally cute and went like D'AWWW and we totally introduced her to our group. And then we talked with her (her name is Fiona) and she told us that she's usually going on Slipknot and metal concerts so I was rather surprised LOL. And we thought that it would be totally fucking hilarious if there was a mosh pit or a Wall Of Death during a Coldplay concert, mainly during the song „The Scientist“ :laugh3::laugh3:

She was also showing us her lucky charm Ironman:

P1020590_zps6e22feaa.jpg

Man, nothing could go wrong now, having this dude tagging along with us yo :nod:

Our feet! :cheesy:

P1020593_zpsbb733ff9.jpg

Okay now rushing forwards a bit, this was me in the rain doing FAILish rockstar postures:

P1020603_zpsd5dff0b5.jpg

P1020604_zps1cf396ff.jpg

and some pictures of fans:

P1020598_zpsb10cc1c9.jpg

P1020609_zpsc1698918.jpg

and suddenly these guys came out of the arena:

P1020600_zps24753caf.jpg

apparently the volunteers activating the xylobands.

And then Frank (Freates) arrived! :wacky:

P1020611_zps4cccb414.jpg

Alrighty, the Coldplaying group was rapidly growing!

Suddenly there was movement all around me and I got up from my sitting position only to get told by a security member that they will let us in shortly.

Well holy shite it was only 3pm :freak:

Okay, everyone was like totally nervous and pushing, so we got through the first gate and through the second one where we all were standing/sitting at the very first time, and finally we stopped at these huge ass metal doors:

P1020613_zps8c16a0f5.jpg

I'm kinda proud of myself that I took pictures of these moments because every possible moment the doors could have been opened and then my camera would have been totally in my way. Anyways, my duty was to write an epic review so there! :P

P1020614_zps7d401f1b.jpg

P1020615_zps00e03599.jpg

P1020616_zps15ff891e.jpg

PART TWO:

Alrighty, standing there we asked the security members if we were standing in the right positions and they gave us a puzzled look which gave us the perfect answer :dozey: HOORAY FOR MESSY ENTRANCE PLANNING! :awesome:

So nobody knew where the fuck to stand so our Coldplaying group just scattered to increase the chance that at least one of us can save a spot inside the arena for us (we decided to stand at the end of the X-stage this time because we didn't want these annoying camera guys in our view the whole time).

So, nervousness level grew again, I was spazzing like I always do when I'm nervous and Fiona told me to shut up lol. Chris was next to me and we kinda squished towards the final gates and security men.

P1020618_zpsd5c26867.jpg

And then I thought fate kicked our pretty butts:

People from the left side started running through the barriers and were let in first, and we were like „WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!!!“ because our security people didn't move. Like not a single fuck. They were just chilling and watching the other fans run. Shortly before we were about to kill our securitymen some group of other security men shouted „GET BACK TO THE ENTRANCE! You're not allowed to go in yet!!“

So those fans got pushed back into their original positions.

Well thanks a lot for the heart attack guys...

Now we were absolutely morbidly nervous and just wanted to get through the whole ordeal.

Security guys were forming groups:

P1020619_zps6a7789b2.jpg

and wristbands were brought to us:

P1020620_zpsc567baf0.jpg

And suddenly Chris, still standing next to me, yelled „THE GATES ARE OPEN“ towards the security man in front of us. For a moment I thought he badassingly trolling, but turning to my left I realised that he was freaking right. People were running AGAIN. Alright now, GET OUTTA HERE!

Major pushing ensued, but no, our security man was Mr. Chillax himself and he took his time to watch our tickets from all sides and we were freaking out over him and why the fuck did he take so long and OMG I wanted to freaking set him on fire with my looks of pure RAGE :angry:

It was my turn now to stand in front of this git, and he calmly took my ticket and I totally screamed into his face: „THIS IS FOS. THERE, LOOK AT IT. NOW LEMME THRU“ and he was like „Okay OKAY jeez“ and I ran past him, grabbed a wristband and fucking RAN. No, you can't call that running. Let me explain: The guys to our left side who were let in a little bit ealier then me were still running in front me, and I just flew past them :lol: (it was freaking exhausting because you had to run uphill) and was like „OUTTA MY WAY BITCHES, I'M ON A COLDPLAYING MISSION“ and ran inside the stadium, spotted Frank running in front of me, screamed his name, to no avail though because he was kinda having this tunnel vision and only focussing on the front barriers :lol:

Alright, second check point, I shoved my ticket into the securityguy's faces and breathed „FRONT *gasp* OF*gasp* STAGE*gasp* OKAY?!“ and they made a cross with a marker on my ticket and I ran further to the MX stage FUCK YEAH!! Only Volker was standing there and already saving our spot! :dance:

Oh god we made it :drunk:

I collapsed and sank down the metal barriers and just waited for all the other Coldplayers to come. Fortunately they all found their way towards us and we were in heaven :wacky:

To my pleasant surprise another Coldplayer (Claudia is her name) from the Colognegig decided to buy a last minute ticket and she also found her way to us! SO AWESOME!! :wacky:

I was so happy I even took a picture of the security man in front of us :laugh3:

P1020623_zpsa7fa51fa.jpg

I was like „Can I take a picture of you? ..I'm gonna take a picture of you anyway LOL“ and his face was equally to this: :uhoh:

So here are pictures of me walking aroun the empty arena because these others were saving my spot in my absence

P1020624_zps35e4d1ac.jpg

P1020625_zps1f1a5e4c.jpg

P1020626_zps3ad44e5b.jpg

P1020627_zps07a30486.jpg

P1020628_zpsf471a57c.jpg

P1020629_zps1ad681ef.jpg

P1020632_zps4f0b572a.jpg

P1020641_zps6ce049e0.jpg

P1020643_zps564f0e67.jpg

P1020644_zps9ed6f0ca.jpg

P1020654_zpsf09c1cdb.jpg

P1020656_zpsfb3cd817.jpg

P1020655_zps4cdcb4ce.jpg

P1020657_zps0eb525ba.jpg

P1020659_zps8197601c.jpg

P1020660_zpsafbe13c2.jpg

P1020661_zpsa166b34c.jpg

Drinking water with Fiona:

P1020642_zps44aa2600.jpg

meeting bananas:

P1020637_zps1cb0f08b.jpg

and lovely other oxfam members:

P1020638_zps6c257a6e.jpg

Then I got back to my space and decided it was a good time to take a picture of our flag

P1020652_zps31626a60.jpg

And I harrassed the security guy again to take a pic of us :awesome:

P1020694_zps0a10a174.jpg

And I took a picture of our arms weee

P1020700_zpsccf3f2bf.jpg

and a little Panorama of our sitting positions lol

pan_zps7cbcc7e6.jpg

Now, the weather started to get really great, the sky was blue, there was no cloud up there, BUT it was really, really cold, still around 13°C :(

So we started to sit tightly together to warm us with body warmth, and I couldn't believe my ears when Claudia said: “Jeez, I'm really hot, I better get an ice or something“

P10206701_zps79241d06.jpg

Like WHAT THE FUCK, you made out of ice or what?!

P1020671_zpse39e2c45.jpg

Talking about COLDplayers :freak:

So, I'll skip over all the little details now, because I fear this review is going out of control then :uhoh:

Jelena had the brilliant idea of taking „Lebkuchen“ with her and present it to a certain Mr. Champion during the songs that were going to take place rigth in front us. So I made a little paper saying LEBKUCHEN just in case:

P1020695_zps39c6e337.jpg

Then this guy started walking around again:

P1020684_zps516174b6.jpg

P1020685_zps07a06d6e.jpg

P1020686_zps6968f7b1.jpg

P1020689_zps5a026c75.jpg

P1020692_zps2b3fb3e8.jpg

and since we didn't know his name we called him Mr. Handsome or Mr. Important :awesome: Oh and cheered everytime he got close ololol.

Now we were waiting for Miller to show up!

He finally did and we hoped that we were visible on the Panorama. Finally Charlie XCX came on, she was okay, then Marina and the Diamonds came on, she was GREAT. And Fiona is a fan of her so we all went crazy together with her because it was fun :D

THEN FINALLY she was done as well and we got really hyper and waited some more for Coldplay. Then Jay-Z started playing and I went bonkers and sang along and everything and then it got dark and BTTF played holy FUCK

:dead:

Now, you all know how a Coldplay concert is like so I'll leave out the normal things. Time for the HIGHLIGHTS AAAAHH OH MY GOD:

Okay first of all, we waved our German flag like crazy everytime Chris got near us.

- he saw it quite a few times and we stretched the flag over the whole barrier so that he could read it

- BUCKIN right in front of us lsdkgjslkrgjlsdkhgdklgj :drunk: I hope they will never take IMP off the setlist :wacko:

A3d5VL9CcAAl2rV.jpg:large <- this is not my pic btw, I'm just reposting it for you to get an idea how close we were! :freak:

- Miller was walking towards us was filming us with a big camera. Still there's no video of it on the Coldplay website! :angry: WTF!

- when they released the ballons, you all may have noticed that some of them have little LEDs inside. We got lucky and catched two of said ballons (they were already popped) and took out the lights:

P1020719_zps31bca923.jpg

light_zps89a24ad6.jpg

They even have switches on them! They were totally bright and we waved them around like crazy! :dance:

So now to ONE of the epic moments of the concert:

The boys came up towards the end of the X stage right in front us to play POC, Up in flames and warning sign.

Since Will was merely 3 meters away from us we got out the Lebkuchen, the paper and put the bright LED lights behind it for him to see. Directly after UIF there was a tiny little break so we yelled „WILLLLLL!!“ and he totally looked at us :wacko: Now if that wasn't epic enough already, he stared at my paper and really concentrated, and after 2 or 3 seconds he finally understood the German word and burst out laughing for a sec and remained grinning all over his face! :laugh3::lol: And he couldn't stop, that was the best part! :laugh3: Chris was trying to start the song but Will just kept giggling and had problems playing the guitar LOL And he even leaned over to Jonny, whispered something into his ear and Jonny started laughing, too! :laugh3: Fucking HILARIOUS!!

Oh and Claudia got it alllll on her camera :charming: still waiting for her vids.

And now to the SECOND epic moment of the concert: da flag excitedlaplz.gif?1

As I said before, we tried out best to make Chris notice our flag. During UIF he did, he stared at it for a few seconds before playing. Okay, now we had his attention and he wouldn't forget it.

ETIAW started playing, and we all tried to remind Chris that „YES, the flag is still here, and DON'T YOU DARE TO FORGET US!!1!“ :lol: And so we waved it around, screamed, waved the LEDs around, jumped, jumped with the flag, I even put it over my face one time! Chris went to us again, pointed STRAIGHT INTO MY FACE (or the flag ;)) and ran off again.:lol:

Then after the first verse Chris went over to Will and got out his own German flag.

Well damn, that was a downer lol.

Suddenly Jelena and Volker turned around to me (they were at my left/right side) and yelled „THALIA, YOU MUST THROW THE FLAG ON THE STAGE, NOW!“

And I can't throw for saving my life. And how the fuck am I supposed to throw a flag when there's wind in the arena and everything! The flag would probably fly backwards or something.

OH GOD BUT I HAD TO.

So with all my power and hope I crumpled the flagg together, moved my arm behind my head, aimed for the edge of the X stage, and threw that thing with all the force I had left. The flag went through the air like slow motion, I was praying to God, Allah, The Flying Spaghetti Monster for it to just NOT land on the ground but pleaseplaseprettyplease on the stage :bomb::bomb:!!

and it did.

OH MY GOD IT DID. I MADE IT HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT

and then Chris saw it, put his other flag away, run straight towards us, kneeled down, took the flag, looked me for a second, got up, put his hand with the flag in it into the air and waved it around. And after the song was done he even put the flag around Guy's shoulders, who walked around with it a bit, and then gave it to Will, who put it on the piano later on.

Explosion_by_LedMaiden.gif

The flag they had over their shoulders during their bow was their own unfortunately, but you know, I don't really care LOLOMG

Videos here and here for evidence:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhYc-ep2Dsc]COLDPLAY - EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL - HANNOVER 22.09.2012 - 720p HD - YouTube[/ame]

3:00 points at me

4:26 takes our flag

4:47 Chris puts flag over Guy's shoulders

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hErHdaQmG94]Coldplay - Fix you / Every teardrop is a waterfall (live in Hannover 22.09.2012) - YouTube[/ame]

9:47 Chris takes our flag

10:05 Chris has the flag over his own shoulders

And after THAT we were over the moon.. the mars even, holy gods :dead:

Oh and Claudia got that on video, TOO. From our point of view! So if she will send me the video, you will probably see Chris pointing at YOU :dance:

Volker also managed to get a balloon yay!

P1020703_zps8668f038.jpg

And that's it. That concert was freaking amazing.

Ha, ha Thalia, I KNEW your review would turn out awesome! Thanks, it's great and it was all exactlöy like that!

Oh and yeah, no smilies over MY face this time, because actually I don't really care anymore. Now you all how I look like :charming:

Does that mean I can post all those pics I have of you now? :kiss:

Thanks, Thalia for another epic review. It was worth waiting for.

You are describing things in a way so that you feel that that you were there. I must say that you put a lot of effort into making this review including lots of pictures, the LEBKUCHEN sign and an epic video.

It was definitely worth waiting for. :thumbsup: I am glad that you had such a great experience.

Thanks, Thalia for another epic review. It was worth waiting for.

You are describing things in a way so that you feel that that you were there. I must say that you put a lot of effort into making this review including lots of pictures, the LEBKUCHEN sign and an epic video.

It was definitely worth waiting for. :thumbsup: I am glad that you had such a great experience.

Thank you for the kind words Nancy.

And yes, this is always what I'm trying to achieve, to make you guys feel the emotions that we all have throughout the whole day. My best friend couldn't come along this time so I put even more effort into this review, because I promised her to report on almost everything I witnessed this day to make her feel like she was there :wacky:

Did you find those two videos on youtube? My computer again is not in a good mood today and won't let me watch them :(

Yeah I found them on yt

Thank you for the kind words Nancy.

And yes, this is always what I'm trying to achieve, to make you guys feel the emotions that we all have throughout the whole day. My best friend couldn't come along this time so I put even more effort into this review, because I promised her to report on almost everything I witnessed this day to make her feel like she was there :wacky:

Yeah I found them on yt

Thalia... You are beautiful!!!! Awesome review!!!!!! I am so happy for you about the flag and Chris:)

^ Yeah, you and Chris raised the flag. Your description of how you concentrated hard to throw the flag on the stage was so good - I could really see your effort there. Glad that you succeeded.

And Will reading the sign about the LEBKUCHEN and starting to laugh and then not being able to stop laughing - and also Jonny laughing. And then also Chris laughed. You surely put a smile upon their faces. Well done. :thumbsup:

Reading your review made me even happier than I was - and I had a good day. Your review was so awesome and colourful. :dance:

^ Yeah, you and Chris raised the flag. Your description of how you concentrated hard to throw the flag on the stage was so good - I could really see your effort there. Glad that you succeeded.

And Will reading the sign about the LEBKUCHEN and starting to laugh and then not being able to stop laughing - and also Jonny laughing. And then also Chris laughed. You surely put a smile upon their faces. Well done. :thumbsup:

Reading your review made me even happier than I was - and I had a good day. Your review was so awesome and colourful. :dance:

Oh my god thank you so much, people like you keep me going and make me even happier about the concerts! :wacky::hug:

I'm just so happy that we could make Will laugh with something that was not retarded or embarrassing but meant to be a private joke, so he had to know we were die hard fans and actually know some rather private things about him, too :D

OMG it's yours for sure.. LOL.. wow..

Thalia.. your review is amazing. I still can't believe HOW few people were inside against the barrier affter the doors opened! Wow.. You had an awesome spot. So happy for you!

Your description of the waiting for them to open and the slow scanning people GOD I was reading that and KNOW exactly how you felt.. Dammit... I HATE that bit.. I really hate it.. it's So SO nerve wracking! I think those scanner people must be trained torturers! LOL.. its how it feels isn't it?

But fab review and SO SO happy they took your flag.. holy smokes.. what a great shot onto the stage with a flag!! and he pointed at YOU! Wow.. :D I am grinning so much for you here. That was wild! and your buckin' photo!! ............ :o:o:o :o:o:o :stunned::stunned: Phew..

Thanks for wonderful review it really really felt like I was there with you!..

WOW!! Awesome reviews & fantastic photos.. I am so happy for you guys :D

I found some photos here

928214S.jpeg

928218S.jpeg

928221S.jpeg

928224S.jpeg

928229S.jpeg

928231S.jpeg

928232S.jpeg

928235S.jpeg

928236S.jpeg

928238S.jpeg