✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ AWD Arena, Hannover, Germany

Jenjie

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the kind words Nancy.

And yes, this is always what I'm trying to achieve, to make you guys feel the emotions that we all have throughout the whole day. My best friend couldn't come along this time so I put even more effort into this review, because I promised her to report on almost everything I witnessed this day to make her feel like she was there :wacky:

Thalia, that was even more EPIC than the other time, if it's even possible!!! I smiled and giggled all the time as I read! :lol: And you don't need smilies to cover your face indeed, you're lovely! :nice: But I loved those smilies anyway :laugh3:

And... OMG I'm so happy for you and the others, as if I were one of you!!! Chris got your flag, Will noticed the sign and laughed with Jonny, and Chris too... It's unbelievable!!! :dance::dance::dance: And the Buckin taking place right in front of you! :wacky:

Thank you for all the pics and every word you wrote!!! :wacky:

Oh my god thank you so much, people like you keep me going and make me even happier about the concerts! :wacky::hug:

I'm just so happy that we could make Will laugh with something that was not retarded or embarrassing but meant to be a private joke, so he had to know we were die hard fans and actually know some rather private things about him, too :D

:lol: If he didn't know how far we fans can get, now he does! :awesome:

I hope this doesn't mean he'll be more quiet than Guy in future interviews :laugh3:

I'd ask him! :lol:

AND THEN SUE HIM! :laugh3:

:nod: :lol:

OMG it's yours for sure.. LOL.. wow..

Thalia.. your review is amazing. I still can't believe HOW few people were inside against the barrier affter the doors opened! Wow.. You had an awesome spot. So happy for you!

Your description of the waiting for them to open and the slow scanning people GOD I was reading that and KNOW exactly how you felt.. Dammit... I HATE that bit.. I really hate it.. it's So SO nerve wracking! I think those scanner people must be trained torturers! LOL.. its how it feels isn't it?

But fab review and SO SO happy they took your flag.. holy smokes.. what a great shot onto the stage with a flag!! and he pointed at YOU! Wow.. :D I am grinning so much for you here. That was wild! and your buckin' photo!! ............ :o:o:o :o:o:o :stunned::stunned: Phew..

Thanks for wonderful review it really really felt like I was there with you!..

Thank you Row! :wacky:

Ah sorry to disappoint, I just reposted this Buckin photo from someone else, it's not mine actually :sad:

I KNOW RIGHT? Oh god I hate these security people! Well okay, only this one guy from yesterday and the ones from the very first Coldplay gig I went to in 2008... those were assholes as well! :angry:

I wish they could just check the tickets faster and not read them entirely like a freaking book :freak:

Thalia.. your review is amazing:bomb::bomb: and Jelena thanks for your AWESOME review!!:dance:

Great Review... And you even got me on this pic... i am the one in front of/next to the yelló raincoat... + i walked up to you before the gates opened, cuz i thought you guys were from CPing :)

Oh! Was it that obvious we were from Coldplaying? :laugh3::lol: Cool that I got a picture of you! :dance: You should have said something about the forum and we would have been all over you! :laugh3:

Thalia, that was even more EPIC than the other time, if it's even possible!!! I smiled and giggled all the time as I read! :lol: And you don't need smilies to cover your face indeed, you're lovely! :nice: But I loved those smilies anyway :laugh3:
*makes fangirl squeal* thank youuuuu! :wacky::heart: Well yeah, smilies are way better than blurry faces or even worse, black bars :uhoh:

And... OMG I'm so happy for you and the others, as if I were one of you!!! Chris got your flag, Will noticed the sign and laughed with Jonny, and Chris too... It's unbelievable!!! :dance::dance::dance: And the Buckin taking place right in front of you! :wacky:

Thank you for all the pics and every word you wrote!!! :wacky:

GAWD THANK YOU! Man you make me all

tumblr_m8cdsgxSA51qbh95h.gif

blushing

:laugh3:

:wacky:

:lol: If he didn't know how far we fans can get, now he does! :awesome:

I hope he doesn't think we're creepy :uneasy:

I hope this doesn't mean he'll be more quiet than Guy in future interviews :laugh3:

More quiet than Guy?!

Is that even possible?! :laugh3::lol:

Oh my God, you deserve that spot over the moon! Excellent, fabulous, wonderful, exhilarating review. I felt like I went through the day with you and was even so nervous thinking, 'Why are those people getting in dammit! *We* aren't going to get our spot!" :laugh3: You need to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame just for the flag toss. Way to go!!

Oh my God, you deserve that spot over the moon! Excellent, fabulous, wonderful, exhilarating review. I felt like I went through the day with you and was even so nervous thinking, 'Why are those people getting in dammit! *We* aren't going to get our spot!" :laugh3:

Haha thank you! :kiss: It's the most nerv-wracking part of the whole concert day, the moment everybody runs and think you will never reach the front barriers :dead:

You need to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame just for the flag toss. Way to go!!

LOL that was probably the adrenalin rushing through my veins! :laugh3:

http://www.bild.de/regional/hannover/coldplay/konzert-in-awd-arena-26354154.bild.html on 24.9.12

45 000 Fans! Das Coldplay-Spektakel im Stadion

von J. HENNING

Hannover – DAS KNALLT: feurige Funkenfontänen am Himmel, zuckendes Laser-Gewitter, Konfetti-Regen im Stadion! Wilde Videoeffekte, Nebelkanonen – das „Mylo Xyloto“-Open Air der Superband Coldplay in der AWD Arena war ein Kracher!

Chris Martin, Front-Rocker der derzeit erfolgreichsten Band der Welt: „Wir hätten keinen besseren Ort fürs Finale unserer Euro-Tour finden können als Hannover!“

45 000 FANS FEIERN IHRE HIT-HELDEN.

„Speed of Sound“, „Viva la Vida“, „Paradise“ – knapp zwei Stunden Hit-Marathon. Sänger Chris Martin rennt, springt, rollt über die Bühne, haucht dann am Piano „The Scientist“ ins Mikro – GÄNSEHAUT!

Clou für die Fans: Jeder hat ein LED-Armband, das per Funksteuerung blinkt - Regenbogen-Glitzermeer in der Arena. Auch Promis rocken mit: Bundeswirtschaftsminister Philipp Rösler (FDP) mit Frau Wiebke, Verkehrsminister Jörg Bode (FDP), Volksbank-Chef Jürgen Wache, die Stars von BossHoss.

Plötzlich wird‘s stockfinster, dann tauchen Coldplay mitten im Publikum auf einer Mini-Bühne auf – alles tobt!

SCHON HEUTE DAS NÄCHSTE GIGA-EVENT: Pop-Queen Lady Gaga in der TUI-Arena!

TRANSLATION

http://www.bild.de/regional/hannover/coldplay/konzert-in-awd-arena-26354154.bild.html on 24.9.12

45,000 Fans! The Coldplay spectacle in the stadium

By J. HENNING / quick translation by Nancy Boysen

Hannover – WHAT A BLAST: Fiery fountains of sparks in the sky, quivering laser storm, confetti rain in the stadium! Wild video effects, fog cannons - the "Mylo Xyloto" open air of the super band Coldplay at the AWD Arena was a blast!

Chris Martin, front rocker of the current most successful band in the world: „We would not have been able to find a better place for the final concert of our European tour than Hanover!"

45 000 FANS CELEBRATE THEIR HIT HEROES.

„Speed of Sound“, „Viva la Vida“, „Paradise“ – almost 2 hours of hit marathon. Singer Chris Martin runs, jumps, rolls over the stage, then sitting at his piano he

breathes "The Scientist" into the mic (microphone) - goosebumps!

Highlight for the fans: Everyone has got a LED wristband that is controlled remotely via a radio signal and blinking when activated - rainbow glitter sea in the arena. Also celebrities are rocking along to the music: Germany's Economics Minister Philipp Rösler (FDP, i.e. the German social-liberal party) with his wife Wiebke, Transport Minister Jörg Bode (FDP), the CEO of the Volksbank Jürgen Wache and the BossHoss stars.

Suddenly it is very dark, then Coldplay appear in the middle of the audience on a small stage - everything goes wild!

ALREADY TODAY THE NEXT GIGA EVENT: Pop-Queen Lady Gaga in the TUI-Arena!

Great review Thalia !! Thanks to all of you who posted pictures, I'm gonna save them all for my personal collection :kiss:

Hey I just came back from the show earlier today, still can't believe it was my last Coldplay show for a while :( My trip was pretty long (21 hours of bus from and to Paris) but definitely worth it, I would do it again if I could !

I joined a lovely german Coldplayer that I had met in France at a Coldplay show last year. We spent half of the saturday waiting in front of the AWD Arena and even with the security trouble/delay to open the gates we succeeded in having the spot that we wanted, by the X Stage, so happy !! I like being there because I love when Chris runs, we have loooots of butterflies and we have an amazing view of the main stage, the fireworks, the screens. Not to mention when Jonny, Will and Guy come :heart:

It was my 10th Coldplay concert this year and I was still amazed as if it was my first one :D I couldn't help crying, starting on The Scientist/GPAUYF/Yellow realizing that it was the last time I was seeing these songs live for a while. It became worse when Coldplay came back on the main stage for Clocks/Fix You/Every Teardrop... :\ Tears came streaming down my face like waterfalls (:D). For some reason it was really hard to say goodbye even if I know, all good things must come to an end...

I have been allowed to put my banner so the band saw it when they came on the X Stage !! Chris and Jonny looked at me for a while, smiling back in return, magic moment ♡ Here is a picture of it:

?size=l

The security guy in front of us was really nice and we laughed a lot together !

My friend had an a banner to ask them to play Amsterdam instead of Warning sign like in Chicago. Jonny looked a it and laughed and you know the end of the story, we had Warning Sign. At least we tried !

Yesterday my bus was late in the evening so I had time to discover Hannover. I had a walk trought the city and I saw lots of butterflies on the floor and I even found two Xylobands !!

2069148C76D5D48313459C93DA318C86A8B41C.jpg

511768523511DA02424DDF81BD6C1BF0851947.jpg

I grabbed a home made balloon after the concert:

IMG_0301-BorderMaker_zps6f54beb5.jpg

It's too bad that it's not blown up but I would not have been able to bring it back with me in the bus so it's okay !

As I wanted to enjoy my last Coldplay show so I did not filmed any songs. I took a few pictures quickly. Here are some of them:

P1210070-BorderMaker_zps974fc244.jpg

P1210082copy-BorderMaker_zps2292a5a0.jpg

P1210098-BorderMaker_zps03ea8b14.jpg

P1210115copy-BorderMaker_zps210e3b50.jpg

P1210124copy-BorderMaker_zps001b8f4f.jpg

P1210131copy-BorderMaker_zps63260550.jpg

P1210134copy-BorderMaker_zpsf4c94471.jpg

P1210135copy-BorderMaker_zpse96db9d9.jpg

P1210139copy-BorderMaker_zpsbf811aec.jpg

P1210142copy-BorderMaker_zps0c2c813c.jpg

P1210144copy-BorderMaker_zpscc025f0f.jpg

P1210151copy-BorderMaker_zpsf4a77d7c.jpg

P1210161copy-BorderMaker_zpsfc4503c9.jpg

P1210162copy-BorderMaker_zps60f3a9b8.jpg

P1210175copy-BorderMaker_zps09214200.jpg

P1210201copy-BorderMaker_zps166cc914.jpg

P1210213copy-BorderMaker_zps1415ee63.jpg

P1210223copy-BorderMaker_zps2179097c.jpg

P1210232copy-BorderMaker_zps69bb6bce.jpg

P1210243copy-BorderMaker_zpsc291934e.jpg

P1210260copy-BorderMaker_zpsf4bf2af8.jpg

P1210267copy-BorderMaker_zps70c61c96.jpg

P1210276copy-BorderMaker_zps54181098.jpg

P1210278copy-BorderMaker_zps0ef0444d.jpg

P1210286copy-BorderMaker_zpsfba7e282.jpg

You can find them all on Photobucket: http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/o497/HypermusicAlive/Coldplay%20at%20Hannover%20AWD%20Arena%20-%20Sept%2022th%202012/

And I wrote a full review on my blog:

http://hypermusic-aliveen.blogspot.fr/2012/09/coldplay-awd-arena-hannover-22092012.html

Haha, Thalia ... I didn't know how much the jetlag was showing until I saw your pics. :lol:

It was lovely meeting you that unexpectedly. :wacky:

(My shiny blanket that made me look like Christmas decoration wasn't too effective in the end though, I'm with a cold.)

I'll try to upload some piccies here later as well. :smiley:

Haha, Thalia ... I didn't know how much the jetlag was showing until I saw your pics. :lol:

It was lovely meeting you that unexpectedly. :wacky:

(My shiny blanket that made me look like Christmas decoration wasn't too effective in the end though, I'm with a cold.)

I'll try to upload some piccies here later as well. :smiley:

LOL well I thought you looked wide awake! :lol:

Yeah it was fantastic, and so funny when we realised whe we were! :laugh3:

Oh man, that sucks...I hope you'll get better :hug:

Can't wait to see them!

Oh! Was it that obvious we were from Coldplaying? :laugh3::lol: Cool that I got a picture of you! :dance: You should have said something about the forum and we would have been all over you! :laugh3:

:D Actually thats what I did!!! But I guess you were too busy or something... so i wished two guys of your group a good show and left... :stunned:

Anyway... yes I kinda spotted your group and thought if anyone here is from the forum its them... I know Forum-Peps when I see them...lol... I was an admin of a little u2 Forum for a couple of years....so...lol.. been there done that... :laugh3: It takes one to know one :wink3:

plus i used to write reviews like that too... you might even find one or two here in the forum from past CP shows...