✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ AWD Arena, Hannover, Germany

Jenjie

Nice set of photos here: (copyrighted as usual so needs some clever ppl to upload them here ;) )

http://www.neuepresse.de/Hannover/Bildergalerien/45.000-Fans-rocken-mit-Coldplay

20120922_Coldplay_001_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_002_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_003_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_004_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_005_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_006_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_007_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_008_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_009_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_010_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_011_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_012_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_013_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_014_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_015_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_019_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_020_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_022_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_023_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_024_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_025_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_026_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_027_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_028_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_035_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_036_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_037_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_038_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_039_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_040_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_041_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_042_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_044_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_045_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_047_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_048_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_053_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_054_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_055_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_056_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_057_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_058_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_059_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_060_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_061_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_062_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_063_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_064_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_065_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_066_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_067_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_068_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_069_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_070_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_072_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_073_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_074_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_075_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_076_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_078_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_079_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_080_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_082_gallerylarge.jpg

20120922_Coldplay_083_gallerylarge.jpg

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let's begin with a short review (I am not really good in that, because I don't read any reviews anymore, except those in the forum here).

It was just amazing. The weather stayed dry and sunny for the most time. No rain, but it was very cold, 8 degrees celsius. The stadium was almost full at 7:45, when Marina went on stage. I really liked her set, it got even better towards the end. But I guess most people did not know her or only her two popular songs in Germany. Charli XCX was okay, not my favourite music, but she did a decent job.

During Marina's set it got dark outside, just right after eight o'clock. Crazy that summer is over. Marina finished at 8:30, Coldplay came on stage at 9:10. In the meantime the roadies prepared the stage. Miller did his panorama view and everybody who looked towards him raised his hands. Should be a good one, I think.

Then Coldplay. And the first ten minutes was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Mylo Xyloto with the fireworks and the wristbands - WOW.

The crowd was on top from the first song. Hurts like Heaven was a belter. As Chris shouted "Hannover", the stadium went crazy. "Oh boys, I guess, that is an amazing crowd", said Chris.

In My Place: Confetti, Jonny on fire and much much love from Chris to Guy.

Major Minus: Great finish. With all the clapping and Will's drums. Perfect.

Lovers in Japan was amazing with the baloons and the confetti. Great singalong during The Scientist.

Chris did a little introduction to Warning Sign. Something like: It is our last show today in Europe. We will be away for a longer time, but back soon enough I guess. We were in Germany the first time, when we were 21. This song is almost from that time. It's warning sign. We play it today, because we haven't written any better songs yet.

DLIBYH was okay. Only weak moment. Bring back Politik!

Charlie Brown was my favourite. Paradise was beautiful. Afterwards most people did not know that Coldplay went to the C-Stage. Surpise for most of them. Chris dedicated UATW to his mum. Speed of Sound went pretty well.

Clocks a belter. Fix You beautiful, Jonny and Will on fire. I have never seen that Will hit the drums so hard.

ETIAW was the best possible ending, Chris had the German flag raised. Afterwards Viva chants in the stadium.

Today I am a little bit sad that Coldplay are going to make a longer break. But they need it - and they deserve it. I know they will be back - and I will be there. And for the next time, we still have the ColdplayFilm.

One of the greatest nights of my life. Yeah.

TRANSLATION by Nancy Boysen of:

http://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Hannover-rockt-mit-Coldplay

45,000 at the concert in the AWD-Arena

Hanover rocking with Coldplay

22.09.2012 at 23:59 o’clock

The most colourful spectacle that the AWD-Arena has ever seen/experienced: The Britpoppers Coldplay are rocking in Hanover Saturday night. With popping light effects, the big hits and intimate moments en masse - and at only 7 degrees temperatures outside.

Hanover. At 23.20 o’clock: As it is time to go home, the stadium empties quickly. And the work of clearing the stage has already started. That was it. Now football is again to be played here.

At 23.10 o’clock: Happy faces everywhere. "Great, excellent, absolute madness": The fans leaving the AWD-Arena are euphoric. "The show was styled well, and the band has been on fire”, says Kathleen Fredrich, who - with her son Max Gregor – had come all the way from Mecklenburg-Vorpommern to Hanover exclusively for the concert. Ken Kaschel was already in 2010 at the last Coldplay concert in Hannover and knew roughly what to expect. For instance, also, that the band would distribute colorful glowing bracelets / wristbands among the fans. "But the boys have outdone themselves. And the twinkling lights everywhere in the audience; I am sure that even someone who does not like the music would have found pleasure in the show."

At 22.50 o’clock: After "Fix You", this beautiful ballad with the bombastic end, "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall," completed the evening. At 22.50 o’clock, the quartet leaves the stage - ten minutes earlier than expected! The residents will be pleased. And Chris Martin can finally do something about the kidneys. 7 degrees. Hot show. And now a grog.

22.50 Uhr: Chris Martin kann sich endlich was an die Nieren tun. ???? 7 Grad. Warme Show. Und jetzt 'n Grog.

At 22.22 o’clock: After “Paradise”, the four men leave the stage. Undoubtedly, they are doing something to get warmer. Chris Martin might take a hot shower, and drummer Will Champion is taking a hot water bottle. But no, after a minute they're back. "Us against the World". Something quiet. For his mom. On another small stage at the back among the "fucking awesome crowd" in - yes, yes. He says it quite often that word. Perhaps because he is cold. "Speed of Sound" afterwards. And then back to the main stage - not by helicopter, but on foot. Through the audience initially and then to the side through the arena back to the big stage. For "Clocks". Good topic. At eleven o’clock the concert must stop. Otherwise there will be nagging by the residents. But they manage to complete the concert in time.

At 21.50 o’clock: 7 degrees. Chris Martin wears T-shirt. He is sweaty. Do something for your kidneys, one might shout to him. Problem: Everyone wants to shout something to him. Most of them would rather shout something like take off more clothes than wear more clothes. Martin sits with his three boys on the middle stage which is connected to the main stage by a long runway for running and dancing. That is the “We-were-once-a-quite-small-band” part. Rihanna is also there. However, only on the screen. She sings "Princess of China" in duet with the real Martin. A bit silly. Oh well. The beautiful "Up in Flames" is an excellent immediate compensation. Then another little piano ballad from the early days of the band: "Warning Sign". Martin should perhaps really wear some more clothes. But it does not matter, it is the last concert in Europe, the band will soon continue their tour on the warm side of the earth. But "fucking" Hanover really gets another treat. "Viva La Vida" thumps through the football stadium, which is heard in this arena whenever Hannover 96 scores, so quite often. I wonder if Chris Martin knows this?

At 21.30 o’clock: The onlookers near the Stadionbad can see.a bit of colorful sea of lights inside the stadium. Spectators are packed at the barrier from which they can catch a glimpse of the stage. Lars Sterzel, his brother Björn and girlfriend Henrike Green refrain from taking advantage of the view and make themselves comfortable at the adjacent meadow with blankets and camping chairs. "The acoustics are really great," says Lars Sterzel. But as clear as at the Stadionbad, Coldplay singer Chris Martin’s voice is not at Maschsee, but the environment suits the romantic tone of the songs. Maria Gabriel and her friends Conny Borchert and Hannah Dobberahn have made themselves comfortable with candles, champagne and grapes on the wall at the Maschsee. "Here is a great place to listen, because the atmosphere is relaxed and the music is just so loud that you can have a good time," says Gabriel.

At 21 o’clock: The music that was played while waiting has stopped and is replaced by a loud singing voice. On the screen appears: "Please wear the bracelet. It is part of the show." That is not a too big promise. As the band members quickly enter the big stage for "Hurts Like Heaven", the whole stadium is blinking, synchronized and remotely controlled by the lighting director. In addition, fireworks in the North Stand (Nordkurve), quite legally, for a change. Chris Martin yells "Make some noise, make some fucking noise, make some fucking noise, make some fucking noise Hanover!" And the Arena is a really awesome fucking Hanover noise. During "In My Place" it's raining confetti in the interior, the lights bounce, laser grids put over the heads as once by Pink Floyd, and – quite appropriate - Martin shouts "Is there anybody out there?" Stupid question, this is finally fucking noisy Hanover. "We have the best fans in the world," Martin says then, and now it is enough with the adulation. "Lovers in Japan", "Yellow" - slowly, the music moves in front of the effects. A small four-man band playing their songs. Hanover listens attentively - and the German Economics Minister Philipp Rösler (FDP) has mingled with the audience. The BossHoss was also sighted. And so the concert is shrinking from oversize to a very intimate 45,000-people-event.

At 18 o’clock: Still in the afternoon you would have thought that Hannover 96 was going to play a football match against a less popular Bundesliga opponent, so leisurely, fans trickled into the arena. There were only people waiting in line in front of the specially established Coldplay fan shop. Torid Trecksler is looking forward to the concert. Today is her 15th birthday, and she had got the ticket from her parents. "I have never been to a Coldplay concert, but it must be mad if it's like mom and I have watched on television." Also her mother Petra is very excited, "I am sure that the live show will be really good."

At 17.30 o’clock: Anja und Sina from Exertal have spontaneously decided to go to the Coldplay concert with four friends. In the afternoon, they have large cardboard signs in search of tickets. "We have already done this two years ago at the concert – with success”, says Sina. But today it looks bad for the sextet. This concert has been sold-out for months, and only a few people offer surplus tickets at the Arena. One of them is Silvia Hess from Göttingen. By chance, she and her friend got three cards from an acquaintance who could not go because of illness. But now she has a ticket for a seat left. "I have already been contacted several times, but most fans are looking for places in the interior," she says. But she does not have to wait a long time: Quickly, she has sold the ticket.

Uwe Janssen und Isabel Christian / translated by Nancy Boysen

Comment by “Der 96er” on 23.09.2012:

"Man, what a concert! That is the best concert I have ever been to, and I have already seen some artists. I would like to watch Coldplay in concert again and again.

And I have even liked the audience today, because everyone has participated. A wonderful experience!"

Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall @ Arena, Hannover 2012

"Sing eyooooooo"... shivers .. such an amazing show!!!!!

I was near to cry when Chris has sung The Scientist :wacky: it was so beautiful!

And Fix You and Charlie Brown... I'm still speakless :kiss:

I can't believe I saw them in real life :dazzled:

http://www.neuepresse.de/Hannover/Meine-Stadt/Hannover-45.000-rocken-mit-Coldplay

22.09.2012 | At 23:50 o'clock

Konzert

Hanover: 45,000 rocking with Coldplay

Saturday night, Coldplay were in Hanover, let the entire stadium shine with

light sparks, let giant balloons dance and trillion confetti snippets flicker.

Hannover. The Brits offered the 45,000 fans in Hanover a show with many heart-breaking love songs on their 360-degree-stage.

And when Martin pleaded „nobody said it was easy“, his words sounded so wonderfully crumbly as if the words would stick in his mouth. But these songs never seem to become old; even after 16 years Coldplay is still able to convey the impression of a totally sworn band that blew the songs into the night with so much pressure that you would not dream of talking about ballads.

From the very start people were standing in the stands and they did not sit down again during the concert; whenever it was possible, they sang along - loudly. And Jonny Buckland's guitar sounded again and again as if the muse of U2's guitarist the Edge had personally inspired him.

The only negative thing: The concert should have been a bit longer even though it is said that things get better (are spiced up), if they are shorter.

http://www.neuepresse.de/Hannover/Meine-Stadt/Hannover-45.000-rocken-mit-Coldplay

22.09.2012 | 23:50 Uhr

Konzert

Hannover: 45.000 rocken mit Coldplay

Samstagabend waren Coldplay in Hannover, ließen das ganze Stadion mit Lichtfunken glitzern,ließen riesige Ballons tanzen, Trillionen Konfettischnipsel flimmern.

Hannover. Die Briten boten den 45 000 Fans in Hannover auf ihrer 360-Grad-Bühne eine Show mit vielen herzzereißenden Liebesliedern darin.

Und wenn Martin „nobody said it was easy“ flehte, dann klangen seine Worte so wunderbar mürb, als wollten sie ihm noch im Munde sterben.Aber diese Songs wirkten niemals getragen, Coldplay, die auch nach 16 Jahren noch den Eindruck einer total verschworenen Band zu erwecken vermögen, bliesen sie mit soviel Druck in die Saalnacht, dass einem nicht im Traum einfiele, von Balladen zu reden.

45.000 Fans rocken mit Coldplay

Zur Bildergalerie 64

Vom ersten Schlagzeughieb an stand das Volk auf den Rängen, um sich nie wieder hinzusetzen, wann immer die Chance bestand, wurde lauthals mitgesungen.Und die Gitarre von Jonny Buckland klingelte dabei immer mal wieder, als hätte ihn die Muse von U2s The Edge persönlich beflügelt.

So begeistert Coldplay Hannover (1:41)

Einziges Manko: Es hätte ruhig ein bisschen länger sein dürfen, auch wenn ja in der Kürze die Würze liegen soll.

Well,Chris (the boy who visited 25 concerts) seems to be quite young. He must be very rich or have rich parents to visit all these concerts..tickets,drive etc...

Hey I'm 23 and i worked and save two years for this... I wish i had rich parents then I could going to NZ and Australia!

TRANSLATION by Nancy Boysen of:

http://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Hannover-rockt-mit-Coldplay

45,000 at the concert in the AWD-Arena

Hannover rocking with Coldplay

22.09.2012 23:59 Uhr

The most colourful spectacle that the AWD-Arena has ever seen/experienced: The Britpoppers Coldplay are rocking in Hannover Saturday night. With knallenden light effects, the great hits and intimate moments en masse - and at only 7 degrees temperatures outside.

The complete translation - go to post 355.

NANCY:kiss: Thank-You so much for the translations!!!! Luv You!!!!

Hey I'm 23 and i worked and save two years for this... I wish i had rich parents then I could going to NZ and Australia!

You have been on an amazing ride and everyone on this board are grateful for you sharing your journey with us!!! The last 2 years of saving your money for this will always be with you, to be treasured forever:) Thanks Again!!!!!

NANCY:kiss: Thank-You so much for the translations!!!! Luv You!!!!

TASH>>>> I wasn't able to be here for the Live Blog, but you my dear did a wonderful job..AGAIN!!!! Thank-You for everything you do on the boards, I don't think it is said nearly enough!!!!:kiss:

I'm riding on Tracey's coattails and agreeing wholeheartedly!! Thanks so much! :kiss:

Awesome!

As I couldn´t arrive early and didn´t have front of stage tickets I decided to hang around at the C-Stage and it was the fucking best decision... as the stage is so small and the gap to the barrier is 1m ish, I was closer than ever before in any normal first row concert...

although they just played their two songs there, sooooo many things happened....

to sum it up:

when chris came on stage I reached him my sunglasses and he took them to find out and realise that he doesn´t wear sunglasses ,.... so he gave them back to me ;)

after UATW, he handed a plectrum over to me (absolutely an advantage of this short distance at the c stage) ;) sooo cool, fair enough, its just a piece of plastic, but hell yeah chris played with it and gave it to me in person ;)

finally after Speed of Sound, when the other boys were off stage already, chris came to me AGAIN :D and gave me "bro fist",

I filmed everything, but still have some trouble uploading it... it will follow :)

I am still in awe... after London this year, I can´t really tell which concert was better ;)

First, thank you all for sharing pics, videos, etc :D

And thanks Tash for your amazing job: you're the best!

we have so many pictures, videos very quickly: thanks!

Awesome!

As I couldn´t arrive early and didn´t have front of stage tickets I decided to hang around at the C-Stage and it was the fucking best decision... as the stage is so small and the gap to the barrier is 1m ish, I was closer than ever before in any normal first row concert...

although they just played their two songs there, sooooo many things happened....

to sum it up:

when chris came on stage I reached him my sunglasses and he took them to find out and realise that he doesn´t wear sunglasses ,.... so he gave them back to me ;)

after UATW, he handed a plectrum over to me (absolutely an advantage of this short distance at the c stage) ;) sooo cool, fair enough, its just a piece of plastic, but hell yeah chris played with it and gave it to me in person ;)

finally after Speed of Sound, when the other boys were off stage already, chris came to me AGAIN :D and gave me "bro fist",

I filmed everything, but still have some trouble uploading it... it will follow :)

I am still in awe... after London this year, I can´t really tell which concert was better ;)

AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait your video!!!!

ahah! I think we ALL wish we had rich parents ;)

YES IT FUCKING WAS :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

oh and review will follow the next hour!

WOW AMAZING!!!!!!!!

can't wait your review!!!

YES IT FUCKING WAS :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

oh and review will follow the next hour!

Holy Jesus on a pogo stick!!! :awesome: :dance:

*waits patiently for the review*