✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[24-May-2012] Coldplay @ Olympic Stadium, Turin, Italy

Jenjie

another possible scenarios is that they were asked not to use those fireworks by the stadium as they hit the roof in porto (no roof in madrid and nice). you can clearly see them hitting the roof in this video. not sure what kind of damage that does...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOJmGSYWtk]Início/Mylo Xyloto/Hurts like heaven @ Dragão - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the feeling! Toronto will be my 8th, but I only remember a couple shows clearly. I can't remember what they played in '08, the the visuals still stand out. I don't remember hearing 'Yes' even though I know they played it and it's a favorite,lol.

watching the videos of the beginning of the concert im quite disappointed. There were none of those little fireworks during mx like at the other concerts, and the fireworks were rubbish. cant understand why its changed. it was absolutely awesome before, now it looks like theyve just run out of cash and replaced fireworks with flashing lights...

Could there be some kind of ordinance against fireworks? I know in some of their shows, fireworks were not allowed - like last fall in Austin and at UCLA due to drought conditions. Not saying there is a drought, but there is probably a good reason why they didn't have fireworks in Turin.

dear coldplayers, I'm looking forward to tonights concert in zurich and I am already in the mood reading your reviews, looking at the pics and videos, thank you for that :)

what would you say are the best places next to the stage to stand in order to have THE very best view?

would you recommend the X-part of the stage or rather right in front of the stage where they have their instruments like chris's piano? i have golden circle tickets, those are all right in front of the stage but I'm not sure where exactly you would have the best view....

^^ I think that it really depends where your entrance is. I'm assuming you have standing tickets, so I'd say somewhere around the X Stage!

Could there be some kind of ordinance against fireworks? I know in some of their shows, fireworks were not allowed - like last fall in Austin and at UCLA due to drought conditions. Not saying there is a drought, but there is probably a good reason why they didn't have fireworks in Turin.

The rest of the fireworks worked without problem, no idea why they didn't use some of them for MX, but as lutzno pointed out, those were probably going to hit the roof and therefore they decided against using them. I hadn't seen any of the previous gigs' videos, so I really didn't feel like something was missing

@eli_i i think the X is the best place, you have a perfect frontal view of the main stage and the visuals and the band is very close when they play there. Friends in the first row told me the main stage is really high and you risk to have one of the cameraman blocking the view of part of it

I could be wrong but they are MX symbols and butterfly for both but for LIJ they are the new plastic confetti.

But this doesn't look like MX symbols, does it?

Atr-ikgCAAAQCjF.jpg:large

link

This picture was actually the reason to ask :lol:

In my opinion yes :)

More pics from here

ste_3784-copy.jpg

ste_3786-copy.jpg

ste_3798-copy.jpg

ste_3812-copy.jpg

ste_3814-copy.jpg

ste_3837-copy.jpg

ste_3840-copy.jpg

ste_3859-copy.jpg

ste_3876-copy.jpg

ste_3878-copy.jpg

ste_3894-copy.jpg

ste_3895-copy.jpg

ste_3896-copy.jpg

ste_3898-copy.jpg

ste_3899-copy.jpg

ste_3901-copy.jpg

ste_3904-copy.jpg

ste_3905-copy.jpg

ste_3928-copy.jpg

ste_3930-copy.jpg

ste_3959-copy.jpg

ste_3978-copy.jpg

ste_4011-copy.jpg

ste_4014-copy.jpg

ste_4016-copy.jpg

ste_4020-copy.jpg

ste_4045-copy.jpg

ste_4049-copy.jpg

ste_4057-copy.jpg

ste_4076-copy.jpg

ste_4089-copy.jpg

ste_4110-copy.jpg

ste_4111-copy.jpg

ste_4121-copy.jpg

ste_4137-copy.jpg

ste_4172-copy.jpg

ste_4182-copy.jpg

ste_4185-copy.jpg

ste_4244-copy.jpg

ste_4288-copy.jpg

ste_4316-copy.jpg

ste_4318-copy.jpg

ste_4320-copy.jpg

ste_4334-copy.jpg

ste_4335-copy.jpg

ste_4336-copy.jpg

ste_4339-copy.jpg

For the next gig I want a fucking reflex like all the little girls around me :laugh3:

I want take pics like these!

And a little piece of my heart is sad because would have been amazing see them in my country :\

But this doesn't look like MX symbols, does it?

This picture was actually the reason to ask :lol:

:thinking: you are right! It's strange...I'm sure about Nice 'cause the cannon was just in front of me but maybe for Turin they changed!

this is not a video from the gig, but it made me laugh so much.

These two girls made a video of them trying to buy the tickets for the gig when the last few were made available again on May 20th, their reaction (at 1:15) is priceless when they read the purchase confirmation page :nice:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSaU9AMXRs]Cosa non si fa per i biglietti di un concerto - YouTube[/ame]