✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I really miss this band :(

Susan13

My theory is that they just got sick of it! They heard it a million times while they were recording it over and over again.

And they did that because the expectations were so high for the follow up of AROBTTH.

I don't think so. They're not tired of Politik, GPASUYF, Fix You...

IMO, AROBTTH was never beaten. VLVODAAHF got closed, but still...

THEY SHOULD PLAY WARNING SIGN :bigcry:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. They're not tired of Politik, GPASUYF, Fix You...

IMO, AROBTTH was never beaten. VLVODAAHF got closed, but still...

THEY SHOULD PLAY WARNING SIGN :bigcry:

Well they were unexpectedly huge after AROBTTH, so expectations were really really really high and they were under a lot of pressure for the next single.

And they became the biggest band on Earth during X&Y. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldplay_discography#Studio_albums

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 :awesome:

Anybody know whatever happened to them? Because, the truth is...I miss them!

Such a beautiful song... I'm obsessing with Side B of AROBTTH right now.

BUT

People who want the "old CP" back basically want them to be unhappy. :sad:

I think they are much better live now than before.

Compare any song (GPASUYF, Clocks, whatever) from 2003 and 2011, it's much better now.

I love Warning Sign too!

I'd have to guess that there is no correlation between which Coldplay songs I like and which songs they like themselves.

I love Warning Sign and Shiver (apparently some band member(s) - was it Guy or Will? - are tired of the latter song), but I really dislike their current favourites Paradise and Princess Of China. I think we agree on Amsterdam (everybody likes Amsterdam) and Speed Of Sound (not so keen on it).

It's normal that they like their recent releases better, they won't release anything they don't like, while they can get tired of older stuff in the mean time.

^ I'd have to disagree. They've always been top live. I like early versions of Clocks a lot better than the version they play now, it's a shame they play the radio edit now, which tears the perfect composition apart. And yes, it's louder but it's not better. Same goes for GPASUYF. The way they deliver it now is loud and incredible, but the classic way is fantastic too. I don't know which arrangement I like better, they're different and I like both.

Overall, I'd say they are louder and more powerful now, but a lot less sober and melancholic, and yeah, I miss that too. But what can or should we do about it if they're happy that way?

People who want the "old CP" back basically want them to be unhappy. :sad:

I think they are much better live now than before.

Compare any song (GPASUYF, Clocks, whatever) from 2003 and 2011, it's much better now.

LOLWUT?

Also, I disagree as far as live stuff goes, especially when it comes to Chris' vocals. I couldn't even make it halfway through the live version of "Up in Flames" I once heard because of them. I tried my best to bear it, but there was one botched A-flat that crossed the line for me.

The whole side B of the album is weeker than the first half

I know the hits are concentrated on side A but... wut? I beg to differ. :phu: :p

The difference between Clocks album version and Clocks radio edit is this:

Full version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmej-clcqA4]Coldplay - Clocks ( With Lyrics ) - YouTube[/ame]

(In the radio edit, parts from 2:27 to 2:57 and from 3:56 to 4:10 are left out)

Radio version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d020hcWA_Wg]Coldplay - Clocks - YouTube[/ame]

I love Warning Sign too!

I think we agree on Amsterdam (everybody likes Amsterdam)

Am I really the only person in the universe who doesn't like Amsterdam? :shame:

Not that it's bad, but I still don't get what others seem to love about it :shrug:

^Probably. :P

Well I understand they're playing different versions of some songs, and I don't mind that. I really love the new GPAS. But I wouldn't mind the old Clocks version... Or the Twisted Logic one.

I don't know, I think they've always been a great live band and they will continue to be. It's just that now there's more... colours and general happiness.

And I think Chris sings pretty good these days, tbh. He'll always have good and bad days. Also, his voice has gotten even more deep during the past few years, I love it.

Warning Sign is a really amazing song to fall asleep....for me the weekest song on AROBTTH. The whole side B of the album is weeker than the first half (expect Amsterdam), still a damm good album!

IMO, Clocks and Warning Sign are the 2 best songs from AROBTTH and maybe their 2 all time best songs.

And Amsterdam should technically put you to sleep faster than Warning Sign.

Also I used to try to fall asleep listening to Coldplay songs (Parachutes) But now, all Coldplay songs just make me excited and happy #NoLongerAGoodLullaby

I just love them so much and everytime I hear them, I'm still amazed and :dazzled: even though I've been a hardcore fan for 10+ years.

Not that it's bad, but I still don't get what others seem to love about it :shrug:

YES you are. But I have to say the studio version doesn't blow me away as much as the Live 2003 version. Turn on your Ipod, lay down, relax and listen to it (Amsterdam live 2003) :awesome: :cry: :awesome: :cry:

Am I the only one that doesn't like Warning Sign and Green Eyes :|

YES :P

^Probably. :P

YES you are. But I have to say the studio version doesn't blow me away as much as the Live 2003 version. Turn on your Ipod, lay down, relax and listen to it (Amsterdam live 2003) :awesome: :cry: :awesome: :cry:

Damn :lol:

I'll give it a try and report back later ;)

Come on, you must be dead on the inside! (kidding ok) I love theire half quite/half loud songs, It's beutiful, don't tell me you don't like Death And All His Friend too....