✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UWTB: The end of not just MX but the band...?

rnel16

I was listening to UWTB the other day and started to get really emotional. The lyrics 'A spark in a sea of grey' could be talking about them as a band I think. 'Dreamed that lie til its true' could be about believing in themselves as a band (particularly Chris) and believing that they're good enough even when they don't think its true. 'Might have to go where they don't know my name, float all over the world just to see her again' I think this directly refers to Chris possibly not wanting to be recognised anymore and wanting to just be with Gwenyth and hia family. 'but I won't show or feel any pain, even though all my armour might rust in the rain' I think this suggests it will be heartbreaking to split up with the band, as that is where his strength as a person comes from. And his transition from major star to normal family man. 'A simple plot' suggests he wants a simple life now, with his family (not just Chris but maybe all the guys).

Does anyone feel like this could be the end of Coldplay? :(

Not at all. The boys sound as inspired and as goal orientated as they ever have been. They've got fire in their stomachs. They aren't just going to stop - Chris jokes about them stopping sure, but he has done that since their second LP.

I was listening to UWTB the other day and started to get really emotional. The lyrics 'A spark in a sea of grey' could be talking about them as a band I think. 'Dreamed that lie til its true' could be about believing in themselves as a band (particularly Chris) and believing that they're good enough even when they don't think its true. 'Might have to go where they don't know my name, float all over the world just to see her again' I think this directly refers to Chris possibly not wanting to be recognised anymore and wanting to just be with Gwenyth and hia family. 'but I won't show or feel any pain, even though all my armour might rust in the rain' I think this suggests it will be heartbreaking to split up with the band, as that is where his strength as a person comes from. And his transition from major star to normal family man. 'A simple plot' suggests he wants a simple life now, with his family (not just Chris but maybe all the guys).

Does anyone feel like this could be the end of Coldplay? :(

Wow...what we have here is a case of tragic misinterpretation.:rolleyes:

The story of this album-if you want to see it as a concept album with a story, but you don't have to- is a love story in a 1984-like world in revolution. This is just a way of making an happy ending to the love story. And, though some songs are related with Chris' life & feeling, it's not always the case.

I do believe that, since they don't have any unfinished songs or material left, according to them (but not to their notebook :lol: :rolleyes: ) it will take a while before we get the LP6. It might take a while before they have enough inspiration.

But they've never been happier than now (I don't know where I read that :thinking: but Chris definitely said it) and they certainly don't want to split. They won't. Not now.

No,never,no,no,they won't stop,no...lalala i don't listen...no!

I don't really think they are done, they are a band that's ready to evolve after every album. So it's a kind of never-ending-potential. In my opinion they will release at least 2 albums, maybe take a break for one or two years, who knows?!