Turin Breaks

U2

Travis

Muse

Super Furry Animals

Athlete

Aqua Lung

and not forgetting - Coldplay

but before i got into indies bands i was a massive rocker and was into bands like

Deep Purple

Alice Cooper

Saxon

Boston

Ac/Dc

Led Zep

Scorpions

Styx

Hendrix ......... ect

HTTT :sneaky:

lol...these are all indie rock now are they? how how we make things sound more select so we seem less common.

new bands i've gotten into over the last 12 months? erm

Howie day

Jason Mraz

Athlete

Nick Cave

listened to more Tori Amos

3 doors down i guess

the doves

the who

Simon and Garfunkle

elton John

other than that my lists are all from last couple of years

Here are the bands that have influenced me over the last 12 months:

Athlete

Coral

Thrills :D

Stereophonics :)

Darkness :rolleyes:

Doves

White Stripes

Coldplay (of course :D )

Jet

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Placebo

Muse

Kings Of Leon

Oasis

QOTSA

U2

Travis

Feeder

Radiohead

Foo Fighters

RHCP's

Blur

Jane's Addiction

Delta Goodram

Daniel Bedingfield :rolleyes:

And some more but I can't remeber them... :rolleyes:

Hmmm... 2003 ... let me think a moment. There are a lot of different types of music and many different bands and artists...

My most essential artists 2003 are...

- Sigur Rós

- Feeder

- Justin Timberlake

- t.A.T.u. (no joke)

- Mew

- Coldplay

- Wir sind Helden (german pop group)

- Robbie Williams

- The Chili Peppers

- Linkin Park

- Metallica

- Blur

- ATB (german dance dj)

No particular order:

Doves

Jeff Buckley

Travis

Jump, Little Children - cant believe it's only been a year....

Tinkers Punishment

Coldplay

I think my U2 thing is about 3-4 years old.... before that I was one of those weird metal guys.

Stereophonics - more like 2-3 years now... I think... dunno but you asked who influenced me musically...

Radiohead

i'm in a self-indulgent mood, so i'm going to list a few albums that i got this year that didn't come out this year and explain what's great about them. i'll be back in a couple weeks to explain what's great about my favorite 2003 albums :P

Air - "Moon Safari" - if there's better make-out music around, i haven't heard it.

The Beach Boys - "Smiley Smile" - it's not "Smile," but this album sounds completely bizarre today, and i can't even imagine what it must have been like hearing it in 1967, especially considering it was the next thing that people heard after "Pet Sounds."

Kraftwerk - "Autobahn" - don't let anybody tell you otherwise, these guys ARE the fathers of electronic music.

Do Make Say Think - i still think "post-rock" is an obnoxious name for a genre, but i use it because there's not really anything better for it. anyway, these guys are the masters, with the obvious exception of Godspeed You! Black Emperor. they can fit in the genre without simply following the same formula over and over, unlike, say, explosions in the sky (who i still enjoy)

The Polyphonic Spree - "The Beginning Stages of..." - the Polyphonic Spree get extra credit just for existing and doing what they do.

Jeremy Enigk - "Return of the Frog Queen" - the godfather of the disgusting "emo" genre (through the most consistantly brilliant band of the 90's, Sunny Day Real Estate) makes the strangest folk album ever. go figure.

hmmm.. coldplay, cos i saw em live a few months ago, and that totally inspired me, and now i just know that i have to be a musician. :) and hmm... i really got into muse about 3 months ago (thanks ren! :cool: ) and yea, i listened to travis like crazy too! (thanks to mandy. :D ) and hhmm... i got into oasis cos i bought theit live album familiar to millions, and now i listen to em all the time... and i can't forget about blur. i'm getting their best of album for christmas! :D