✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pop-Up Book Discoveries

laxwatcher

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love debating this information. I'm fine with waiting, it's just fun to see how Coldplay writes and plans out their recording sessions. (This is for you guys that believe these threads are repetitive). The pop-up has given me inspiration in my songwriting.

While MX certainly isn't my favorite album, I think it's one of my favorite recording sessions of theirs. It all seemed very energetic and lively.

My advice for the next guy interviewing the band:

1.) Any new songs/EP in the next few months?

2.) Is it true Coldplay are taking a longer hiatus from 2013 on?

3.) Will the legendary Car Kids come out in the Mylo Xyloto era or not?

4.) Plays them the instrumental version of FOP...'right, would you release the full version as a charity track?'

5.) Why don't they play Amsterdam more often since it's clearly almost every Cp fan likes it very much?

6.) All the c*ap about their tour, how they are feeling, how are the supporting acts, the show, the chemistry...

:D

ps - thanks so much to the guy who's scanned every page. I think on the CAR KIDS pic there are lyrics from ETIAW though.

If anyone knows how, we should try to get an interview with one of the members. I've seen fansites do that before but maybe the boys are too big/busy to do that sort of thing. Plus a lot of the anwsers are probably "top secret".

I think I read one with Noel Gallagher once on one of the Oasis fansites. I guess we could give it a try. What do we have to lose:shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

aha

yet more proof that Don Quixote was intended for the MX era:D

June 14, 2012 - submitted by Zatch, Canada

Q. Hey Oracle, when Jonny said today in the live chat that "we know roughly when we want to start making the next record...", does this confirm a sixth studio album? Thanks from Canada!

The Oracle replies:

Any and everything is subject to change so it's far too early to speculate.

I recall Chris saying that he'd written a song (Spanish Rain /Don Quixote) that would be a b-side for the next album yet it's never been recorded and isn't likely to be.

if it was ment to be a B side WHY did they NOT recorded it:\ (we need more Bsides)

The notes from Chris's Notebook in the Pop-Up has a lot of info. This is what I got:

1. A Hopeful Transmission was a full song with vocals and lyrics.

Update: On one of the pages (I forget) it includes an entry back in 2010 with "A Hopeful Transmission" Chris Martin vocal takes. Just more proof it was a full song.

2. Car Kids and Love in a Lethal Dose were new songs on the list for Glastonbury but weren't played.

3. Car Kids was one of the last tracks cut from the album list, so it must be a great song. It also says Car Kids is a heavy classical/landscape type song with strings, synths, claps, and tambourines.

Update: It apparently starts with Will "clumsy" drum playing and claps, then adds tambourine, real strings, synths to back 15 intro. Chris wanted it to be organic and scenery music. (Sounds good :D)

4. There's a list of songs made on 16th June 2010 which includes G.E. (Great Expectations), C.B. (Charlie Brown), P. (Paradise), W. (Wilderness?), HLH (Hurts Like Heaven), MMIX, MMinus (Major Minus), MTM (Moving to Mars), CK (Car Kids), AHT (A Hopeful Transmission), and ETIAW (Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall).

The list made later on includes unreleased songs CK (Car Kids), and (Rescue82?)

5. There are other words, but we don't know if they are songs yet, like Aiko, 1000K, Rex.

6. Moving to Mars was supposed to sound like a mix of "Bullet the Blue Sky", "Drive", and "42".

7. On the Up in Flames artwork page, there is notes that includes a preliminary track-listing for the album as MX, HLH, POC, CB, P, UATW, MM, UWTB, UFO, ETIAW. It also includes some songs being considered: Tomorrow? MTM? AHT?

Possible New Songs (isn't that what all of us want :P):

Car Kids

Love in a Lethal Dose

Tomorrow

Wilderness (?)

Rescue St./82 (?)

Mylo Xyloto/Great Expectations (full song or new song)

A Hopeful Transmission (full song)

Some of the lyrics:

A Hopeful Transmission:

Guide me stranger

Shepherd me through danger

Though I might

No I won't

When I'm

Guide me, guide me to

If I fall in hot water / peril

Or jump in

Mylo Xyloto/ Great Expectations:

In my head, in my brain

In my head, all these (things?) I just can't explain

Left to right

Tip to toes

We're in flight

And we're going

Where nobody knows

The streets are paved with gold

Under the ocean

By a whale swallowed whole

Swallowed me / us whole

Pure poetry in motion

We're both down here

Losing control

Sellotaping my soul

It's alright

Greet the light

Greet the sky

So we ride

So we rise

So let fly, your blutterfly.

The cover of MX:

The two of us we drove

A speeding ghost, and a shadow

The road to the sea

We swam from the shallows

To battle lightning's glow

Where we're gonna run, God only knows

Take you . . .

Silencia/A Man Who Swears/Major Minus:

There's a man who swears he's God

But I'm pretty sure he's not

There's a man who walks around

Like he owns the f*ckin lot

Takes his time

A playing with your mind

Crocodile clock

You must

It's just work

It's not easy / hard

All the while

Tell you that you're climbing

Pulling the ladder apart

Saw the boss hogg

If anyone finds anything else, they should share it.

Green = 1st Update

This has answered a lot of questions

In my head, in my brain

In my head, all these (things?) I just can't explain

Left to right

Tip to toes

We're in flight

And we're going

Where nobody knows

The streets are paved with gold

Under the ocean

Swallowed me / us whole

Pure poetry in motion

We're both down here

Losing control

Sellotaping my soul

It's alright

Greet the light

Greet the sky

So we ride

So we rise

So let fly, your blutterfly.

For some reason I think I just imagined the perfect tune to this. :D

"You belong with me, not swallowed in the sea."

Under the ocean

Swallowed me / us whole

Pure poetry in motion

We're both down here

Losing control

Sellotaping my soul

Totally random, but this is awesome how it fits perfect with UATW. "Fly up to the surface and start again."

"Car Kids was one of the last tracks cut from the album list, so it must be a great song. It also says Car Kids is a heavy classical/landscape type song with strings, synths, claps, and tambourines.

Update: It apparently starts with Will "clumsy" drum playing and claps, then adds tambourine, real strings, synths to back 15 intro. Chris wanted it to be organic and scenery music. (Sounds good)"

Just release the song!!!:angry:

I second your sentiment, however I do not think Coldplay are release-shy, as we saw with Prospekt´s March and all the releases connected with MX (live film, comics,etc...), so I must conclude that these unreleased songs, as great as they sound, did not live up to their expectations and/or were deemed better as instrumentals...of course I do hope I am proven wrong and an MX EP is released before year´s end! :)

"Car Kids was one of the last tracks cut from the album list, so it must be a great song. It also says Car Kids is a heavy classical/landscape type song with strings, synths, claps, and tambourines.

Update: It apparently starts with Will "clumsy" drum playing and claps, then adds tambourine, real strings, synths to back 15 intro. Chris wanted it to be organic and scenery music. (Sounds good)"

The 'organic scenery' bit somewhat reminds me of Give Up The Ghost by Radiohead.

The 'organic scenery' bit somewhat reminds me of Give Up The Ghost by Radiohead.

oh, the chirping of the birds and the echo of 'don't hurt me" ! yeah, give up the ghost is good. I just wish Coldplay would release something more from this colourful era.... besides the comics of course

I was thinking that since the 4th issue of the comics is called "Up With The Birds" that the first 4 issues takes us through the album. That leaves two issues left. Now, if the album's story can be told in 4 issues, that leaves 2 issues left, or an EP. The 1st issue is released in February, then the 2nd in March, 3rd in April, and the 4th in May. Then in June the 5th will be released, which was when I am hoping for an EP that will explain the rest of the story, which may or may not include Car Kids, Tomorrow, Love In A Lethal Dose and maybe Great Expectations. Who knows, that was just my idea on it. So we get the DVD in November, then maybe an EP in June, or sometime next summer, and that would hold us until the next era comes.

I was thinking that since the 4th issue of the comics is called "Up With The Birds" that the first 4 issues takes us through the album. That leaves two issues left. Now, if the album's story can be told in 4 issues, that leaves 2 issues left, or an EP. The 1st issue is released in February, then the 2nd in March, 3rd in April, and the 4th in May. Then in June the 5th will be released, which was when I am hoping for an EP that will explain the rest of the story, which may or may not include Car Kids, Tomorrow, Love In A Lethal Dose and maybe Great Expectations. Who knows, that was just my idea on it. So we get the DVD in November, then maybe an EP in June, or sometime next summer, and that would hold us until the next era comes.

like it

A casual lunch, sometime in 2013...

Noel Gallagher asks,"Hey Chris, what's up with all this comic nonsense? Don't you think good music should stand alone without all the frills?"

Chris Martin, "Yeah, that's a pretty good point. We actually tested out a few new songs before revealing the story, it's an album called 'Coldplay Live 2012'. It's hard to tell, but I think some of the fans were into it."

Thanks! Makes sense to do that right? If they are trying to explain the characters and the story behind the album, they have to explain Car Kids, but what is the point if you don't release a song? That's just me hoping though.

Oh dear...such high hopes! I am afraid to go along with it. Would love an EP :):laugh3: