🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Popping in for my monthly post.

Vicky Cryer is playing again this weekend but I'm not going. Because, ya know, I think they totally suck and not even Dom Howard can save them from sucking. So I'm having some friends who are going squeeze info out of him about Album 6 progress (and out of Tom if he's there).

Guiding Light...ugh, the pain I've endured repeatedly with that one. I will be so glad to see it gone next tour...and replaced with something just as awful. :laugh3:

Hello friends.. I'm a fairly new Muse fan,(although I've loved hysteria for a long while, I just recently got in to all their albums) so far I think Citizen Erased or Thoughts of a Dying Atheist are my favorite songs. I was just wondering, does Muse have an awesome Fansite like Coldplaying? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?

Hello friends.. I'm a fairly new Muse fan,(although I've loved hysteria for a long while, I just recently got in to all their albums) so far I think Citizen Erased or Thoughts of a Dying Atheist are my favorite songs. I was just wondering, does Muse have an awesome Fansite like Coldplaying? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?

They have an official forum on their website, but it's full of assholes. I'd recommend muselive.com who has a pretty decent fan community and offers gig bootlegs and other fun downloads.

How serious was that 'confirmation' for the late 2012 album release?

I hope they're still gonna tour the festivals this summer, I' really want to see them again (already visited 2 gigs, it was AMAZING, as you can imagine). Maybe like Coldplay did last summer, just tour without a new record and test the new tracks on the festivals :cool:

I think its not as good as Absolution, but I still like it. Favourites are Starlight, Knights of Cydonia and Invincible :)

Yeah, I'd probably put it at #2 on my album ranking list :).

Love "Starlight". Such a pretty song. And "Knights Of Cydonia" just kicks all sorts of ass. The video for it is completely nuts, too, so, you know, there's that as well :D.

'"Invincible" actually took a while for me to warm to, but then I saw it performed live and I got a whole new appreciation for the song.

A friend ran into Dom at the first Vicky Cryer show last night and he did verify the October timeframe for the next album. So things are still on schedule.

BTW, "Map of the Problematique" is far and away the best song they've done post-Absolution. Most of BH&R is good, though to be honest, I hate the shit out of "Invincible". (though thanks to the music video, I now have the song in my head whenever I go on It's a Small World at Disneyland, which is probably still preferable to the actual It's a Small World song which is the song from hell)

A friend ran into Dom at the first Vicky Cryer show last night and he did verify the October timeframe for the next album. So things are still on schedule.

BTW, "Map of the Problematique" is far and away the best song they've done post-Absolution. Most of BH&R is good, though to be honest, I hate the shit out of "Invincible". (though thanks to the music video, I now have the song in my head whenever I go on It's a Small World at Disneyland, which is probably still preferable to the actual It's a Small World song which is the song from hell)

Oooh yeah I love Map of the Problematique as well :D definitely in my top 5 from BH&R :)

I'd rank BH&R as my least favorite Muse album. Despite that, there are bits and pieces of it that I absolutely adore. For example, as a band geek, I LOVE all the trumpet (City of Delusion and Knights of Cydonia). I also liked how they tried several different styles (just listen to Soldier's Poem and Supermassive Black Hole right after each other) but it still felt like a united album.

I'm not really a fan of Invincible but I don't have any particular hate for it. :P I like MotP (especially live!) but I think I prefer Take a Bow just a bit more. :awesome:

1, you have a very lucky friend.

2, October? Ooh, my birth month! Good present for me, then. Yay!

Hahaha, I know, the similarity is definitely noticeable, yeah. But yeah, I too would prefer "Invincible" over "It's A Small World".

"Map Of The Problematique" is a great song. Kinda Depeche Mode-y.

I'd rank BH&R as my least favorite Muse album. Despite that, there are bits and pieces of it that I absolutely adore. For example, as a band geek, I LOVE all the trumpet (City of Delusion and Knights of Cydonia). I also liked how they tried several different styles (just listen to Soldier's Poem and Supermassive Black Hole right after each other) but it still felt like a united album.

I'm not really a fan of Invincible but I don't have any particular hate for it. :P I like MotP (especially live!) but I think I prefer Take a Bow just a bit more. :awesome:

I like the trumpet, too, 'cause, you know, why NOT have a heralding trumpet in a song? It's the same reason I love that bass clarinet towards the end of "I Belong To You". It's just so random.

Am I the only one who, when "Soldier's Poem" starts, feels the urge to want to break into Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love"? The two sound very similar. I always liken Black Holes & Revelations to a big ol' blockbuster action movie in CD form.

"Take A Bow" is great, too-I'm often torn between those two songs as well as to which would make it into my top 5. I like how damning and angry the song is.

And "Hoodoo" is just flat out awesome. Another favorite.

Am I the only one that finds Hoodoo really boring? :\ I'm all for slow songs (I love The Scientist for example) but Hoodoo just doesn't do anything for me. Also I find Soldier's Poem to be just a bit too much like a slightly faster version of Blackout :confused:

City of Delusion is pretty great though :awesome:

Hahaha, I know, the similarity is definitely noticeable, yeah. But yeah, I too would prefer "Invincible" over "It's A Small World".

I like the trumpet, too, 'cause, you know, why NOT have a heralding trumpet in a song? It's the same reason I love that bass clarinet towards the end of "I Belong To You". It's just so random.

Am I the only one who, when "Soldier's Poem" starts, feels the urge to want to break into Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love"? The two sound very similar. I always liken Black Holes & Revelations to a big ol' blockbuster action movie in CD form.

"Take A Bow" is great, too-I'm often torn between those two songs as well as to which would make it into my top 5. I like how damning and angry the song is.

No you are not the only one! First time I heard it I thought it was gonna be a cover! Love both songs by the way..

Am I the only one that finds Hoodoo really boring? :\ I'm all for slow songs (I love The Scientist for example) but Hoodoo just doesn't do anything for me. Also I find Soldier's Poem to be just a bit too much like a slightly faster version of Blackout :confused:

City of Delusion is pretty great though :awesome:

Hoodoo was one of the biggest growers in Muse's entire catalog for me. So was Soldier's Poem, actually.

Heh, I ran into him myself a couple times last year, so I'm gonna pass on tonight's Vicky Cryer show just because I don't really like their sound and I already chatted Dom's head off last time. Plus I'm sure he will be mobbed by creepy fangirls since this is a much larger show.

October b-day here too! :D

"I Belong to You" is my ultimate guilty pleasure song. It totally un-Muse-like and the clarinet feels like it's in there just to be wacky and bizarre, but it's also fun.

TAB kicks ass. I admit to belting out that last verse really loudly in my car frequently.

I'm moving on to The Resistance now! Wish me luck... :lol:

Good luck, lol. The Resistance picks up dramatically in the second half, so if you're lukewarm on it, stay with it a bit.

fdjkaljfs I love IBTY and the bass clarinet solo. :wacky: one of these days I'll play it and record it for you guiz to critique.

honestly I feel like BH&R was a good album, but it had a few too many songs that were just kind of "meh". That being said it also had some of the most impressive Muse songs on it, like Hoodoo and Take a Bow (and KoC imo, although that's quite overplayed unfortunately)

October b-day here too! :D

"I Belong to You" is my ultimate guilty pleasure song. It totally un-Muse-like and the clarinet feels like it's in there just to be wacky and bizarre, but it's also fun.

TAB kicks ass. I admit to belting out that last verse really loudly in my car frequently.

October birthday as well! And I saw Muse in 2010 a week before my birthday, so it's a good month for me. :nice:

haha me too. I agree, the clarinet part is just genius. Muse had my total respect after I heard that - it takes balls for a rock band to put a bass clarinet solo in their song :awesome:

I just wish I could growl with my clarinet, it's a skill I just don't have. :sad: adds quite a lot of WHOA to the solo haha.

Me too, hells I belt out the whole second louder half (and also do the little finger-wiggle thingy Matt does in HAARP) :awesome:

Hoodoo was one of the biggest growers in Muse's entire catalog for me. So was Soldier's Poem, actually.

Good luck, lol. The Resistance picks up dramatically in the second half, so if you're lukewarm on it, stay with it a bit.

I think Hoodoo might grow on me actually... I like the piano part in it :)

Yeah, I'm still kinda undecided about The Resistance, I like Uprising, USOE and I'm surprised that I actually like IBTY (its probably the clarinet solo that does it for me :lol:). The rest of the songs are sort of meh :\ As for the symphony, I like the idea but it will probably take a few more listens to get into it.