✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Why did you guys intriduce me to Muse, since I have got the album Absolution I cant stop listening to it. They are damm good. Like a darker version of Radiohead

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what other albums by muse do guys recomend !!! As I am going to get others.

Even though I have heard respected music critics say this Album is the best done by them. :) :) :) I have turned into a MUSE head.

"There's a hundred new bands out there that sound like Radiohead - most of them as worthwhile as a can of carbonated dog piss - what sets Muse apart from all those tired copyists is what first alerted us to the fact that Thom and the boys were more than just one-hit wonders. They will genuinely move you. They will make you feel almost uncomfortable when exposed to the naked emotion and raw sincerity that pumps through the 80 or so songs they've already stockpiled. "

Matt

:cool:

wow! that was so cool! taking about matt's hair eh? lol! blue,red,green.. and then ppl say my hair is a rainbow.. .. haha

I can actually picture 'em performing " we are the champions" in american idol. :stunned: lol!

Thx a lot for the link Julia!! :P :nice:

What was the inspiration for the song "Muscle Museum"?

MATT - It's about the conflict between the body and the soul or mind. It's how sometimes one element of your being will not allow something to happen. For example, say your body wants to have sex with a girl but your mind reminds you that you have a girlfriend. It's that inner conflict.

Matt read my mind! :o

:D

More generally, what kinds of things inspire you to write songs, and can you give me some examples?

MATT - It's usually personal experience. I feel that religion doesn't answer a lot of questions that we have today. The song "showbiz" is about how we all have an inside personality that we sort of hide from the outside. There's a few unintended love songs as well. The song I wrote about the girl was written in the studio after a phone conversation with her. We called it "Unintended" because it came out of nowhere, and I didn't mean it to happen, all of these feelings for this girl.

:cool: