✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's miming....

42JTR

I just read this and I have to say it did piss me off a little....

January 24, 2012 - submitted by Harja, Netherlands

Q. Dear Oracle,

In some songs, it looks like Guy and Jonny are not singing live. Is this true? If so, why?

Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

I have never noticed that myself. All 4 of the guys sing live and I assure you that no-one is miming "live" - ever.

It's so obvious that they do mime from time to time, espescially Guy.

^ I've read a few weeks ago somewhere on Coldplaying that some people noticed Guy & Jonny are sometimes miming during a performance. Debs says no.

:\

Yes me too that's why I think this is just weird, I think it's really obvious they do mime, well at least Guy mimes a lot.

No I think Guy and Jonny pretend to sing but nothing comes out

Oh :shocked3: Lazy guys :whip: :lol:

well debs isn't obviously going to say oh yeah, they totally are lip-synching. rarely do they perform live. could you imagine the outrage?

Yes, we also have to take that into account, I mean, as The Oracle, she kinda works for them :lol:

well debs isn't obviously going to say oh yeah, they totally are lip-synching. rarely do they perform live. could you imagine the outrage?

That's true, but in that case just pick another question. I mean she get's dozens of questions every day.

Jonny sings because sometimes you can hear him singing really out of tune (sorry Jonny fans, but it's true) I've got a video of Politik where you can hear him really loudly and out of tune singing the second verse with Chris.

I think they sing the VLV chant, end of Fix You etc too, it's just the backing track is whacked right up too. :P

They don't mime. As others have said you can hear their individual voices (and their mistakes :\) Guy and Jonny are just mixed lower than Chris and Will so it's harder to hear them in a full live mix, especially on video. When you see them live, it's easier to pick out their individual vocals.

I don't think they mime singing, but they definitly mime playing some instruments ! I mean, I don't think they ever mime "their" instrument (like Jon doesn't mime guitar or Guy doesn't mime bass) but when they play other stuff I think it's a lot of miming. I need to find that video of Lost when you can see it SO clearly.

I don't think they mime singing, but they definitly mime playing some instruments ! I mean, I don't think they ever mime "their" instrument (like Jon doesn't mime guitar or Guy doesn't mime bass) but when they play other stuff I think it's a lot of miming. I need to find that video of Lost when you can see it SO clearly.

If you're talking about the lost clip from glastonbury, the audio and the video are notably out of synch. They do use a ton of background looping (too much for some people's taste's), but to my knowledge the only time they "pretend" to play something that's actually looped is when Chris would put his hands inside the television/keyboard during the VLV tour. Judging by the fact that they seem perfectly willing to stand around while looped parts play around them (see liT), it really doesn't make sense to me that they would feel the need to mime other looped parts. In my opinion, when you see them playing/singing they are, when there's clearly instrumentation while they're just kind of standing around (which is fairly often) those are the looped parts.