✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

COLDPLAY POSTPONE'S AUSTRALIAN PROMO TOUR

I_saw_sparks_87

Channel 7's Sunrise has just confirmed the band has postponed their 2 show tour of Australia due to illness in the band.... waaaaaaaaahhhh!!! :(

Um. That's NEXT week. What about tonight, tomorrow night and The Grammys Sunday night all in LA? What an odd announcement - not from the poster, but if they're ok now, why an illness next week.

The illness thing seems like something made up by Sunrise cause they are derp derp.

However it would be interesting to find out the exact reason why.

Coldplay on Facebook says Personal Reason not Illness as well. Which makes me think that they just don't want to come to Australia- its okay guys, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near Sunrise either.

That's kind of weird!

Well, Jason (the glowbands inventor) tweeted this earlier today

258bjiq.jpg

And this on Tuesday

2912m0x.jpg

So I guess Chris is sick :\

Edit: according to this article Chris has a jet-lag and a nasty cold, could that be the reason?

Coldplay Postpone Australian Shows

Barely a week ago Coldplay announced they were travelling to Australia towards the end of February for a number of promotional shows paid for by numerous companies wishing to use the band for promotional purposes.

The 7 time Grammy Award winning group were then due to head straight to London to perform at the Brit Awards ceremony on Tuesday 21st February where they are nominated in two categories – British Group and British Album Of The Year.

However a statement issued by today by EMI, the groups record label, announced that Coldplay would have to pull out of the previously announced dates due to ‘personal reasons’.

“We sincerely apologise to our Australian fans for having to postpone next week’s scheduled trip,” read a prepared statement from the band. “We miss you guys and we promise we’ll make it up to you. In fact, stay tuned for a big announcement soon.”

EMI maintain that the gigs will go ahead at a later date, but no firm details have been set.

link

awww, so sad but i can't blame them if even one of them is a little sick. Anyway, it says on their Facebook page that there is a big announcement to come :P and i'm pretty sure we know what that means!! Hopefully they announce the aussie tour very soon now!! :) :dance:

Jason was saying Chris isn't very well...I thought he looked a bit peaky in some of the close up pictures of the Nokia gig:

http://twitpic.com/8hiqgb

Even if it it just a heavy cold as the singer and frontman he has to be careful (espeically with ongoing voice problems) and a schedule of LA to UK for Brits to Oz and back to US is fairly ridiculous even for a healthy person.

Jason was saying Chris isn't very well...I thought he looked a bit peaky in some of the close up pictures of the Nokia gig:

http://twitpic.com/8hiqgb

:nod: This was during UATW right? Watched a video of that, he looked exhausted. Didn't even try singing the low notes either.

Well, they know what they're doing so I just hope the Grammys will be OK.