✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris's birthday's project : join us :)

laurenev49

Hellooo Coldplayers :)

As you all know, it's Chris's birthday very soon. We're currently working on a project for Chris.

Check it out :

scaled.php?server=41&filename=42343835117418825688710.jpg&res=medium

Here are all the details :

scaled.php?server=545&filename=42752835012811502816110.jpg&res=medium

Please, share the project anywhere you can.

You can add me on facebook to follow the news of the project : Laurène Vittecoq.

Let's get something great for Chris :) :)

DEADLINE OF THE PROJECT : WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I second that.

Hi, maybe you could add some other option. People who haven't met Chris or haven't been to a concert may not have the resources or may not feel comfortable about sending a video of themselves.

Although some people may be very keen to take part in the project, they may not fit in any of the categories above, so maybe it could be a good idea to add something else.

Also, if a mod could please move this to the Coldplay section, it'd be very helpful because I think there may be quite a lot of people who don't check the lounge often, but always check the Coldplay one. Thanks in advance!

Edit: One more thing - there are two different deadlines, one in the picture and one under it.

I'm sure the best gift to give him is privacy from rabid fans. Wouldn't that be tiresome after a while?

I think you have a point and what you said is relevant to what's at stake here.

On the other hand, it's understandable that fans would think of making something special to Chris, since he plays an important part on our lives. People have different ways of dealing with that.

Therefore, no need to use words like 'rabid' or being offensive.

The phrase "rabid fan" is a fairly common idiom. Check it out.

And if anyone is a rabid fan it would be me. I have an extensive, expensive Coldplay collection and have seen them more times than I can count. I jump on every Coldplay album like a pack of hungry wolves upon a fresh kill. I'm just not silly about it (though I don't care much for MX). I think that it's incredibly naïve to assume that an A-list celebrity, who has to deal with an assload of obsessed fans every day, doesn't want a day free of that. If you are a true fan, I think you can see through stuff like this.

He's our entertainer, not our friend. Plain and simple.

'Common' doesn't entail 'respectful'. Considering the general tone of your posts in this thread, the negative sense of this word would be the first to come to mind.

As much I respect your opinion (except for the 'He's our entertainer' part) on the matter, I respect what other people think as well.

I'm pretty sure people would know that Chris may not see the video, but it doesn't mean they can't show how he's important for them.

Edit: thanks for moving the thread!

'Common' doesn't entail 'respectful'. Considering the general tone of your posts in this thread, the negative sense of this word would be the first to come to mind.

I called myself a rabid fan. Probably more rabid than you. Rabid enough where I should be put down, my brain torn apart and examined to see if it's contagious (I bite a lot of people).

As much I respect your opinion (except for the 'He's our entertainer' part) on the matter, I respect what other people think as well.

Fact: His function, as a singer, is to entertain us. And he does it quite well. Yes, he's personable and nice. Kewl.

Does he know your name? If so, congratulations.

Guest LiquidSky

ugh :dozey:

Anyway, I think it's a great idea! Hope you get lots of people to send it. Are you just going to post it on youtube? :huh:

I moved the thread :surprised:

Saw it thanks (I was saying thanks for that in the edit)^^

Fact: His function, as a singer, is to entertain us. And he does it quite well. Yes, he's personable and nice. Kewl. Does he know your name? If so, congratulations.

For myself, music is more than entertainment. Just personal opinion. Call it naive if you want.

This is end of discussion for me because I think this is no longer helpful for the thread and the project. For those taking part, I hope you have fun and that your love and admiration for Chris is reafirmed :thumbsup:

Guest LiquidSky
Saw it thanks (I was saying thanks for that in the edit)^^

For myself, music is more than entertainment. Just personal opinion. Call it naive if you want.

This is end of discussion for me because I think this is no longer helpful for the thread and the project. For those taking part, I hope you have fun and that your love and admiration for Chris is reafirmed :thumbsup:

Thank you! I was hoping that one of you would stop, so thanks! :wink:

Ps: @ lauren, it would probably be best to add how long should the video be if they're sending in clips.. :idea2:

I don't mean to come off as a douche or anything. I genuinely think that things like this infringe on privacy and are a little annoying. I am very proud of being a Coldplay fan and I don't want Coldplay fans to turn into Gaga's "little monsters" and Beliebers and stuff.

My sense of humor can come across as pretty crass and abrasive at times, which is understandably annoying to those who don't understand it. So I'm sorry for that. I swear I'm a nice guy.

I think I was just annoyed that this was originally posted in the lounge, which annoyed me because I'm obsessively organized, and this is the second obsessive Coldplay-related thread posted in the lounge in the last 24 hours by the same member. So naturally I'm critical.

I'll stop my douchedom now.