✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

wow

Manders

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally ... if he bagged Paltrow and is still depressed

Maybe there could be some sudden horrible accident :evil: in which Gwyn dies in a very tragic way, leaving Chris to write more good music single. :nice:

hmm, is this too evil and selfish...... nah. :smug:

I agree that punk is awful talentless music, and Coldplay are genius, but I'm not going to shun Amanda, I'll just agree to disagree with her. Yeah, she's quirky and young, but werent we all at one point? Hell, I used to think Puffy was as good as it gets, lol... I was all about "I'll Be Missin You" I thought it was the best song ever. Its really not that big of a deal, but meh, I'm hungry, I'm going to go eat....

Even though it's your right and your taste, liking that shitty fucking punk rock over Coldplay....that's bad.

hey brian dont you like AFI?

they're punk right?

or are they emo?

i havent really listened to much of them

Yes, I like a few songs from there latest album. There an exception, cause there not entirely punkish it sounds like, a few songs (from the album Sing The Sorrow) are kinda...well, hard, the guy doesn't sing like a whiny punk guy, he practically screams sometimes, (See song "Death of Seasons). I admit I don't like Coldplay as much as I used to, but I'm still a fan and I know for a fact that they have one millionth of a talent more then any other punk band has had, or ever will have. I can't stand punk, at all. I admit, it is a trend around here and the only reason people listen to it is because it's the style, which to me is completely stupid considering how shitty, dull, and talentless, punk rock is pretty much.

umm..not neccessarily..they're not all whiney..most of the "popular punk" is..and shitty as well..but you can't really say that all punk is shitty and whineny because not all of it is...some is good. politcal ones are good.

Such as AFI. I can find actual good music and meaning in there songs. Especially there lyrics, which beat pretty much every punk rock song I've ever read lyrics for. Not completely sure though considering I've only heard songs from the album, "Sing The Sorrow".

I understand why people feel disgusted with the whole hype around Coldplay in the past year, it makes me sick to know it's "cool" to love Coldplay now. And when you say you're a Coldplay fan, people just consider you to be "just another one of them", I'm proud to say I've been a Coldplay fan since the beginning and will stick around till the very end.

Not only they're geniuses but their lyrics and music is something I can honestly relate to, words and sounds I can't express on my own... that's why music means so much to me, sometimes it says things I cannot possibly say.

*sighs* now that was deep. lol

i know i might seem to be copying bits of Thom Yorke from a recent MTV2 interview...but i agree with it. All good Music is joyful i think, and can be uplifting, i think it depends on the mood your in before you listen to it too. coz if your depressed already, to me, uplifting music just isn't uplifting at all.

i know i might seem to be copying bits of Thom Yorke from a recent MTV2 interview...but i agree with it. All good Music is joyful i think' date=' and can be uplifting, i think it depends on the mood your in before you listen to it too. coz if your depressed already, to me, uplifting music just isn't uplifting at all.[/quote']

Yeah .... I think I agree with this.

just because music is mellow and the lyrics are emotional, doesnt make the music depressing, whiny, and/or bad... and it doesnt necessarily mean that the singer is depressed if he's singing a song that sounds sad to a listener. Singers write about the past, or exaggerate feelings in music, because music enhances even the slightest inkling of a feeling, whether the feeling is in the past or present. For instance, if something bothered me a little bit, and I decided to write a sad song about it, and all of the sudden people started thinking I was whiny and disturbed and needed professional help and/or Vicodin, that would be blowing things way out of proportion. Sad songs are actually warming to me in a way. I feel relaxed and a lot of them even make me smile.

its just that I've noticed a lot lately that people are starting to get more into the heavier side of music (punk, metal, etc), and a lot of them say that mellow music sucks, most of the time they mention coldplay, and say that they're whiny, depressing, etc. and this thread reminded me of it.