✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

wow

Manders

every 12-20 year olds are catchin on. whooooosh
you DO know youre in that brachet too right...i mean before they were popular, you were a 14 year the just loved coldplay...manders youve got balls for comin on the site and saying you dont like them...after youve made such a name for yourself on this board ;)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack, I don't see why you people care who knows about the band or who likes them, you should like a band for it's music... not how many fans (or lack of fans) they have.

I agree with this...

I do agree with you there, but I'll still be a fan. They are famous now, but not for long and I will remain a fan afterwards. Thats how it works. As long as there are people that don't know about or don't like a band that I do, then I will still like them.

...and this...

But then again, that really took guts, to say that here. I admire that. :) Have a good life with your new choice of music!

P.S: For all of you who are as shocked as is expected, I'm a little amazed myself, but hey, everyone changes, right? Be proud Coldplay fans, all, but don't freak out if someone doesn't llike them. In my school, for example, NOBODY there besides me listens to Coldplay, and I really don't mind...It's a bit lonely, but I'll live.

I dont listen to Coldplay that much really, but I do think they're a band with incredible talent, and one of the best bands out there today storming the charts. I'll never dislike them, no matter how big they get, as long as they stay true to the music. If you dislike them its not because of them, its because of how they make you feel, if you feel that they're whiny and too emotional, then thats your opinion, no one else should try to change it. As long as people dont jump the gun saying that they suck, because no one can judge a band's talent based on whether or not they personally like/dislike the music, a person can only state how that band's music makes the person feel. Yes, I agree that it does come as a shock, mostly because I thought you always loved them, and your posting rate says a lot too, but in the end its all about acceptance, I think any other band's forum would shun Amanda, but Coldplay fans are, for the most part, nice and accepting people.

i'm going to say the same thing that was said earlier in a more harsh tone: you are a hypocrite and an idiot if you refuse to like somebody because of how popular they are. it's just as dumb to do that as it is to like something because it's popular.

don't let image be more important than substance, basically. but since people in their early teens tend to do just that, i'll let it slide. :P

I've grown out of Coldplay too.

The music is good. But God, the lyrics are so depressing. I used to love A Rush Of Blood To The Head. I'd listen to it once a day. But now, a year later, it's hard for me to get through one spin of the whole cd.

Also, because my music taste changed a lot too.

Me, too.

I went through my phase and it was great, but it's all too emo for me right now.

But I still think they're great and am looking forward to their next album ... I just hope they move forward from AROBTTH and start challenging me as a listener.

yea. Exactly. I've moved into harder stuff. Pearl Jam right now.

I hope the album is HAPPY, and has more of a positive sound to it. And no more lyrics about whining over lost loves. I'm sorry to anybody out there, but Coldplay has just done it to death.