✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

wow

Manders

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just that I've noticed a lot lately that people are starting to get more into the heavier side of music (punk' date=' metal, etc), and a lot of them say that mellow music sucks, most of the time they mention coldplay, and say that they're whiny, depressing, etc. and this thread reminded me of it.[/quote']

One could probably write thousands of words on this, but I think that's just the natural tendencey of the popular music business. Of course, it doesn't say anything about the empirical nature of the music.

Ignorance is the biggest consumer nowadays. Thats why bands like Good Charlotte are so popular.

But I think, for the most part, it's always been like that. If you look back through the archives of Billboard you'll always see singles in the upper end that are kind of "What the heck" songs. I think there's a legitimate market for things like this, I'm just not part of that market.

Wow, a lot of people are making a big deal out of this...

I don’t find it that shocking actually, many people go through stages in their lives of liking many different types of music, if Amanda is happiest not listening to Coldplay then she shouldn’t listen to them, simple as that.

I was reading some posts and I thought it was sad that people were judging her for listening to punk music, if this is the music that makes her happiest at the end of the day then so what, why should we care as long as we’re happy with what we listen to, who knows, one day she may come across Coldplay again and be like “Hey, they weren’t so bad” then again, she may not.

It’s all a matter of growing; we just have to accept that fact.

I don’t know, that’s how I feel about this whole thing :/

http://As long as there are people that don't know about or don't like a band that I do, then I will still like them.

Yeah... I just needed to get something straight... are you saying that if everyone knew coldplay you wouldn't like them?

No, I kinda said it wrong, but it was my longer way of saying I'll always like them, before and after their "popular phase"(I'm not good with phases :wink3: )

wow you guyes pissed me because of what i said didnt ya. im not a hypocrite how am i a hypocrite tom? if i dont see it tell me how i am. and besides just because i am on here doesnt mean i have to like coldplay. 99.9 percent of what i posted from the get-go was far from about coldplay. :/ anyways im still the same person people! :angry:

Wow, a lot of people are making a big deal out of this...

I don’t find it that shocking actually, many people go through stages in their lives of liking many different types of music, if Amanda is happiest not listening to Coldplay then she shouldn’t listen to them, simple as that.

I was reading some posts and I thought it was sad that people were judging her for listening to punk music, if this is the music that makes her happiest at the end of the day then so what, why should we care as long as we’re happy with what we listen to, who knows, one day she may come across Coldplay again and be like “Hey, they weren’t so bad” then again, she may not.

It’s all a matter of growing; we just have to accept that fact.

I don’t know, that’s how I feel about this whole thing :/

thanks i read ur post and was nodding my head the whole time lol. :)

Ack, I don't see why you people care who knows about the band or who likes them, you should like a band for it's music... not how many fans (or lack of fans) they have.

I agree with this...

I do agree with you there, but I'll still be a fan. They are famous now, but not for long and I will remain a fan afterwards. Thats how it works. As long as there are people that don't know about or don't like a band that I do, then I will still like them.

...and this...

But then again, that really took guts, to say that here. I admire that. :) Have a good life with your new choice of music!

P.S: For all of you who are as shocked as is expected, I'm a little amazed myself, but hey, everyone changes, right? Be proud Coldplay fans, all, but don't freak out if someone doesn't llike them. In my school, for example, NOBODY there besides me listens to Coldplay, and I really don't mind...It's a bit lonely, but I'll live.

WHAT THE FRICK? :huh:

You can ask that question with almost every possible combination.

I mean, why Coldplay over punk rock? Why rock over pop? Why rock over rap?

Everyone has their style of music they listen to. You can't really explain why you listen to a certain type of music, it's just because you like it. You like to listen to it. That's all it is. Why Amanda likes punk rock is because she prefers it to other types of music, and perhaps the style Coldplay fit under.

But what do I know? I'll just shutup now.

Totally ... if he bagged Paltrow and is still depressed ... he'll officially be a winer and we can put him in the same asylum as Morrissey :)

Morrissey isn't a whiner. He's a comedian.

and I havent listened to The Coldplay in AGES, only cos I'm into other stuff at the mo, but it doesnt mean I dont like them :smug: