✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto or Strangeland

DavidB5

I used the word WILL in the poll because it is about a future event.

Bro

I mean you can't compare two albums if you haven't heard one of them yet

What are you supposed to compare? Which cover is cooler? Which album title sounds nicer?

Bro

I mean you can't compare two albums if you haven't heard one of them yet

What are you supposed to compare? Which cover is cooler? Which album title sounds nicer?

This thread is for the purpose of stating which album you think will be better. If you want to wait till you've heard Strangeland, feel free. Also, there are some pretty good quality live versions of all but two of the songs on youtube, and the studio version of Silenced By The Night is also there.

This thread is for the purpose of stating which album you think will be better. If you want to wait till you've heard Strangeland, feel free. Also, there are some pretty good quality live versions of all but two of the songs on youtube, and the studio version of Silenced By The Night is also there.

could you please link me to the studio version?

While this is an entirely pointless thread, I'll play along by saying that without even hearing the new album I'd know MX would be leagues better.

Coldplay are just a better band then Keane. No doubt about it.

That said, I do like Keane a lot. But, I've heard clips from the new album and I'm kind of dreading it.

It sounds like the band are saying in interviews that they were asked to go backwards. That they got away from who they are with Perfect Symmetry.

That's just silly. They learned the wrong lessons from that album (which I think was better than there second by far). Instead of moving forward they're talking about returning to Hopes & Fears type stuff. From the clips I've heard it sounds like that too. Doesn't leave me expecting much from this new one.

I HOPE it's great. Always good to have good new music. I just don't expect much.

Why isn't there an "equally bad" option?

Baw8cc you've only been a member since May of 2011!?! I could have swore you have been here for years now... it just seems like I've been seeing your posts for a long time now.

Just an observation...

Baw8cc you've only been a member since May of 2011!?! I could have swore you have been here for years now... it just seems like I've been seeing your posts for a long time now.

Just an observation...

:huh:

Because equally good and equally bad are the same thing.

Haha, I know. I'm just teasing.

MX makes me angry :angry:

And Perfect Symmetry makes me angry :angry:

So I'm a little wary of the new Keane album. But the first single is better than ANYTHING on Perfect Symmetry, so in my book it will be good. But this thread is silly because we don't even have Strangeland yet, so it's impossible to tell. Do we even have the track list yet? I haven't been keeping up with it as well as I should.

In the end I think that MX is a good album, but it's not up to par with Coldplay's past stuff. At all. Not even close. But I know they still have it in them because there are some truly great songwriting moments in the MX period (Us Against the World, UFO, Moving to Mars). But most of it is not up to snuff. I think they just weren't as motivated.

Perfect Symmetry was just garbage. I was so pissed off when that came out :angry:

I think in the end, because MX is not as good for Coldplay and Strangeland will be good for Keane, they'll be about the same.

Tracklist:

1.You Are Young

2.Silenced By The Night

3. Disconnected

4. Watch How You Go

5. Sovereign Light Café

6. On The Road

7. The Starting Line

8. Black Rain

9. Neon River

10. Day Will Come

11. In Your Own Time

12. Sea Fog

Extras (deluxe):

13. Run With Me

14. Its Not True

15. Strangeland

16. The Boys

This thread is for the purpose of stating which album you think will be better.

despite the fact that most here have already heard MX and therefore cannot state which they think will be better, because one of the albums they have already heard and the other they will make assumptions on

COOL SUGGESTION

Well after hearing Silenced by the Night I'm neither surprised nor engaged. Keane going back to basics is a redundancy. They have always been basics.

Personally, Perfect Symmetry, despite being an album I would never listen to all the way through now, has the most interesting sound of any Keane album to me. I wouldn't say it's better than H&Fs, but its not far.

This song just seems like...meh. Why bother? My hope is that the rest of the album sounds a bit more interesting and not like most of the unobtrusive stuff Keane put out. It doesn't help that Tom Chaplin's voice has very little emotional range...I'm not saying range, but emotional range. It limits the band a great deal. They'd be better off letting Rice-Oxley sing. At least he'd feel his songs.

Listen to Your Love by Keane, you'll see what I mean.

Anyways, no way this album will be close to MX. Just as no Keane album approaches a Coldplay album (except maybe...X&Y). Anyway, this is a harsh statement so I expect I may be...

SILENCED BY THE NIGHT...blah blah blah... blah blah blah blah blah

P.S. After listening to the song a few more times, I am certain the songs limits do fall square on Tom Chaplin. There's an interesting riff in there it's ruined in the mix of the song with his voice so front and center.

Tracklist:

1.You Are Young

2.Silenced By The Night

3. Disconnected

4. Watch How You Go

5. Sovereign Light Café

6. On The Road

7. The Starting Line

8. Black Rain

9. Neon River

10. Day Will Come

11. In Your Own Time

12. Sea Fog

Extras (deluxe):

13. Run With Me

14. Its Not True

15. Strangeland

16. The Boys

Where did you find the titles of the bonus tracks?

Edit: I found them on wikipedia, never mind.