4 Major Minus

5 The Scientist

6 Yellow

7 Violet Hill

8 God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

9 Viva La Vida

10 Charlie Brown

11 Paradise

12 (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!)

13 Clocks

14 Fix You

15 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

-----------------

weeniemayancalendarbands-38.jpg?w=385&h=575

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/04/02/the-20th-annual-kroq-weenie-roast-lineup-and-ticket-details/

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Coldplay Gig May 5 on KROQ-FM's Weenie Roast y Fiesta

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/coldplay-incubus-silversun-pickups-kroq-weenie-roast.html

Coldplay, Incubus, Silversun Pickups tapped for Weenie Roast

Those who missed out on tickets to Coldplay's three early May shows at the Hollywood Bowl will now have another chance to catch the British pop band. Coldplay will help anchor the annual day-long radio station festival in Irvine that is KROQ-FM's Weenie Roast y Fiesta. Joining Coldplay at the top of the May 5 bill at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater will be Southern California rock band Incubus, which last year released its first album in five years.

Like most KROQ (106.7) festivals, the Weenie Roast largely honors bands that have long been staples on the station's airwaves, and it does so while sprinkling in a newcomer or two that seem preordained for heavy rotation. Local punk bands Pennywise and Offspring are slated to appear, as are Blink-182 off-shoot Angels & Airwaves and technologically minded alt-rock act Garbage. The latter has a pair of sold-out dates at the El Rey on April 9 and April 10.

Silver Lake's Silversun Pickups will perform in advance of its May 8 album "Neck of the Woods," and peppy, fast-rising locals Grouplove will celebrate the success of debut album "Never Trust a Happy Song." Rounding out the bill will be electro-rockers Awolnation, reggae act the Dirty Heads, dancey power-pop band Walk the Moon and anthemic, Icelandic folk-rockers Of Monsters and Men.

Those who sign up to be members of KROQ's street team mailing list will have first access to tickets Thursday at noon. Tickets will be available via LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com. Tickets for last year's event ranged in price from $45 to $75, not including service fees.

kroqwr.jpg

Coldplay to play KROQ Weenie Roast in LA

2 April 2012 4:00 pm

Special show on 5 May in Los Angeles

news_line.png

Good afternoon. It's just been announced that Coldplay will perform at this year's 20th Annual KROQ Weenie Roast y Fiesta on Saturday, 5 May, at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine, California. For full information and ticket details, head over to KROQ.com.

Anchorman

I'm honestly very surprised that Weenie Roast was able to book Coldplay. Usually the lineup has a couple more big names than that (last year had Linkin Park, The Strokes, Rise Against, and a surprise Foo Fighters performance), but they usually aren't as huge as Coldplay. Weenie Roast is always in June, so obviously they held it a month early this year just so they could catch Coldplay while they're already in LA.

Since Weenie Roast is a huge blend of everything KROQ plays, it generally doesn't appeal to me as much as Almost Acoustic Christmas, so I'll pass on this, but good luck to everyone getting tickets. Seriously, I mean GOOD LUCK. KROQ events are the most difficult shows in all of LA to get tickets to in my experiences.

Oh, and everyone had better enjoy the hell out of Garbage and Of Monsters and Men. Don't go JUST for Coldplay, considering how their set will likely only be around an hour. ;) That's how these KROQ shows go. Lots of bands but short sets.

KROQ shows are also always webcast live so stay tuned for that if you aren't going! ;)

I'm honestly very surprised that Weenie Roast was able to book Coldplay. Usually the lineup has a couple more big names than that (last year had Linkin Park, The Strokes, Rise Against, and a surprise Foo Fighters performance), but they usually aren't as huge as Coldplay. Weenie Roast is always in June, so obviously they held it a month early this year just so they could catch Coldplay while they're already in LA.

Since Weenie Roast is a huge blend of everything KROQ plays, it generally doesn't appeal to me as much as Almost Acoustic Christmas, so I'll pass on this, but good luck to everyone getting tickets. Seriously, I mean GOOD LUCK. KROQ events are the most difficult shows in all of LA to get tickets to in my experiences.

Oh, and everyone had better enjoy the hell out of Garbage and Of Monsters and Men. Don't go JUST for Coldplay, considering how their set will likely only be around an hour. ;) That's how these KROQ shows go. Lots of bands but short sets.

KROQ shows are also always webcast live so stay tuned for that if you aren't going! ;)

I like Garbage and Incubus, and I'm liking Grouplove, Of Monsters and Men and Angels & Airwaves, too. Plus it's only 10 minutes from my house :) We'll see what happens on Thursday...Since I'm not going to HB on May 4 :(

SALE is Thursday. KROQ shows don't have presales anymore. You'll need a special street team password. Sign up at kroq.com for it if you're not already a member (which you really should be if you attend shows in SoCal).

I'm willing to bet the $177 ones are pit tickets. There are extremely few and I doubt you'll be able to get any. They'll go to radio winners.

SALE is Thursday. KROQ shows don't have presales anymore. You'll need a special street team password. Sign up at kroq.com for it if you're not already a member (which you really should be if you attend shows in SoCal).

I'm willing to bet the $177 ones are pit tickets. There are extremely few and I doubt you'll be able to get any. They'll go to radio winners.

i am part of the street team, but the email says presale password.

i am part of the street team, but the email says presale password.

No presale. Just regular sale but you need the password which is in your email. Are you for sure going to try for tickets? Two other girls and I want to go. Might be easier to get 2 and 2 of you're going alone?

And the $150 ($177) tickets are pit according to the KROQ message board. But the pit there is tiny.

No presale. Just regular sale but you need the password which is in your email. Are you for sure going to try for tickets? Two other girls and I want to go. Might be easier to get 2 and 2 of you're going alone?

And the $150 ($177) tickets are pit according to the KROQ message board. But the pit there is tiny.

for sure. i think this was before you texted us? but i hope we can go together :)

Well that was a mess. Me and Dianne wanted to get two seats together but it was impossible so we just got single seats and will be sitting in different sections. I got Loge 4, row EE. Not bad. Did anyone else get tickets?

• 4 weeks later...

Set/ Webcast times:

BUD LIGHT STAGE DOS

1:00pm-Doors

2:30pm-Walk The Moon

3:00pm-Of Monsters And Men

3:30pm-Grouplove

4:00pm-AWOLNATION

MAIN STAGE

4:50pm-Garbage

5:25pm-The Dirty Heads

6:00pm-Angels & Airwaves

6:35pm-Pennywise

7:15pm-Silversun Pickups

7:55pm-The Offspring

8:45pm-Incubus

9:35pm- Coldplay

"Starting Saturday at 2:00pm, watch the webcast with complete and uncut performances, backstage interviews and more, hosted by Stryker!

Bookmark this link so you can get straight to the action on Saturday."

http://kroq.radio.com/kroq-weenie-roast-y-fiesta-2012-webcast/

Set/ Webcast times:

BUD LIGHT STAGE DOS

1:00pm-Doors

2:30pm-Walk The Moon

3:00pm-Of Monsters And Men

3:30pm-Grouplove

4:00pm-AWOLNATION

MAIN STAGE

4:50pm-Garbage

5:25pm-The Dirty Heads

6:00pm-Angels & Airwaves

6:35pm-Pennywise

7:15pm-Silversun Pickups

7:55pm-The Offspring

8:45pm-Incubus

9:35pm- Coldplay

"Starting Saturday at 2:00pm, watch the webcast with complete and uncut performances, backstage interviews and more, hosted by Stryker!

Bookmark this link so you can get straight to the action on Saturday."

http://kroq.radio.com/kroq-weenie-roast-y-fiesta-2012-webcast/

Can someone create time-event for Coldplay show?