✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2012] Coldplay @ KROQ Weenie Roast, Irvine, CA, USA

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*chink* (I think that's a racial slur lol)

Haha, not in this context. It just means clink glasses. But yeah, My Grandpa used to use it as a slur. Didn't even think of that,lol.

Hey, Sammy, the really party kids do Chocolate Milk,lol.

Cheers all! This is their biggest hit, so they're almost done. :)

This festival is a HUGE economic boon for the city though. They sometimes wave fines if they're making all those yummy tourist dollars. (At least other fests have had that breathing room.) Let's hope.

EDIT: And If I'm the organizers/promoter, I'm likely to be happy to pay the huge fines since I'm raking in money hand over fist...

There are houses nearby, thus the noise curfew, and this kind of concert doesn't really attract tourists because it is promoted and sponsored by a local radio station. It's not billed as a festival like Lolla or Glasto or even ACL.

There are houses nearby, thus the noise curfew, and this kind of concert doesn't really attract tourists because it is promoted and sponsored by a local radio station. It's not billed as a festival like Lolla or Glasto or even ACL.

Yeah. Probably right about the tourists, but they're still making a shitload of money, so probably aren't worried about the fines. Our city suspends it's noise by-law for major events if they're plugging money into the town. I'm sure they won't cut Coldplay short since they'd planned all along for their 'surprise' act.:)

if they get cut off...im gonna go all rage mode on stupid soundgarden and the offspring for playing so much.......CP is prolly only gonna play 4 or 5 songs now, but i understand with the curfew

we have a concert venue REALLY close to where my dad lives at and the neighborhood that lives prolly 1 or 2 miles away was always complaining on how the concerts were too late, so they had to put a 10 or 11pm (i cant remember) curfew on the concerts there...