✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2012] Coldplay @ KROQ Weenie Roast, Irvine, CA, USA

Ah. I didn't see the end time, but like I said, I assumed it would be a longer set since it's a headlining set.

So far, both Garbage and Dirty Heads have commented on how 'quiet' the crowd it. That's sad, and I hope it gets better for Coldplay.

Half the crowd isn't even in their seats yet - they're out on the concourse drinking heavily. It IS Cinco de Mayo after all.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half the crowd isn't even in their seats yet - they're out on the concourse drinking heavily. It IS Cinco de Mayo after all.

That's good to know. Although a massively drumk crows\d can be problematic too,lol.;)

Really enjoying Angels & Airwaves. Going to listen to more of their music.

The problem with KROQ's mini-fests is that a lot of the audience are here to only see 2 or 3 of the bands playing, so you get a lot of quietness during pretty much every non-headline set. Which I think is kind of a shame, since everyone arriving late is not only robbing themselves of seeing some great bands, but is pretty much wasting their money since they PAID to see the full lineup whether they like it or not.

Even though the venue's curfew is 11pm, I'm gonna predict Coldplay goes til 10:30 or maybe a bit later. I've never seen any headliner at KROQ events play more than an hour.

Oh, for everyone who's awake right now (i.e. not living in Europe and sleeping), be sure to watch Silversun Pickups on the webcast in a few minutes. They're awesome.

The problem with KROQ's mini-fests is that a lot of the audience are here to only see 2 or 3 of the bands playing, so you get a lot of quietness during pretty much every non-headline set. Which I think is kind of a shame, since everyone arriving late is not only robbing themselves of seeing some great bands, but is pretty much wasting their money since they PAID to see the full lineup whether they like it or not.

Even though the venue's curfew is 11pm, I'm gonna predict Coldplay goes til 10:30 or maybe a bit later. I've never seen any headliner at KROQ events play more than an hour.

Oh, for everyone who's awake right now (i.e. not living in Europe and sleeping), be sure to watch Silversun Pickups on the webcast in a few minutes. They're awesome.

THey're one of the other rwo bands I'm looking forward to almost as much as Coldplay. :)

Oh yeah, there's usually a surprise guest at Weenie Roast. Soundgarden is an insanely awesome surprise. Everyone there had better be appreciating it.

Heck, this is probably better than Coldplay will be. (oh shoot, this is the wrong place to say that *scuttles out quickly*)

Oh yeah, there's usually a surprise guest at Weenie Roast. Soundgarden is an insanely awesome surprise. Everyone there had better be appreciating it.

Heck, this is probably better than Coldplay will be. (oh shoot, this is the wrong place to say that *scuttles out quickly*)

Haha, no worries. This is GREAT! Got my speakers just cranked, and my guy's a huge SG fan, so we're dancing around like mad men,lol. I don't know about 'better' but right up there. I t hink Incubus might give the boys a run too. Can't wait for them!:D

Lol. The things we do for love!:D It's only around 12;15 here, so it's what time there? Is 'ridiculously early' a time? :lol:

Holy god! I like a lot of the Offspring's songs, but he CANNOT sing!:p

Agreed. Sounds like he's having his prostate examined by Captain Hook.

Coldplay in 40? So no Incubus? I'm a little disappointed about that. Huge fan. But if I have to choose...

Incubus will still play, especially since they're playing Weenie Roast since they had to cancel Almost Acoustic Christmas last year. This might push back Coldplay's start time by a bit but we'll see.