✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2012] Coldplay @ KROQ Weenie Roast, Irvine, CA, USA

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my they are totally killing it.. shame about the crowd though!

i know.....this is like being the under dressed person a fancy party, and coldplay is basically playing a hard rock show....

edit: just like Tracie said, its like back when they played glastonbury for the first time

Kucos to the band for learning a long time ago not to let the crowd bother them. They play with each other and love it! If the crowd's there for them, so much the better in terms of energy, but even if not, their love of playing together gets them through with a smile on their faces. A good band learns this, and they're the best!!

i know.....this is like being the under dressed person a fancy party, and coldplay is basically playing a hard rock show....

edit: just like Tracie said, its like back when they played glastonbury for the first time

Their first Glasto was NOTHING compared to their first two US festival shows. BRUTAL! But good training for the boys. :D

Where were those again?? Were they televised?

The first was River Rave in Foxboro, MA, and I think there's still an mp3 of the show in MM. The second was the HS Festival in DC. (I wasn't at that one, but Matt McGinn wrote about it in Roadie.) The crowd was somean in Mass, but apparently even worse in DC. Don't know if the DC gig's in MM, but I wouldn't be surprised.

(If the Foxboro link is dead, PM me. 2001-05-26)