✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mad at setlist

Fabodabo31

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo. I know Shiver is not likely to pop up but it's such a shame. Besides that, I mainly want to see more from X&Y. Like Talk. :D

My only setlist gripe from that time was that they called the tour the 'Twisted Logic Tour' and then never played Twisted Logic. And I love that song.

Just going on what others were saying about Clocks earlier, I think you're being incredibly harsh on it!

It's one of my favourite songs, and it is definitely one of the best they play on the night!

That's fair enough, but we all like different songs. Personally, I don't think it is one of the best live songs they play, but that's just me.

I'm pretty sure most of X&Y joins Parachutes in the "we don't really like this" catagory as far as the band members are concerned.

That's just really disappointing. At least we get Speed of Sound. Also, I love Clocks. I think it is because I started liking Coldplay after Clocks went through being vastly overplayed.

I find it really weird Speed of Sound appeared on the setlist almost out of nowhere, even if its an acoustic version. Does anyone think what Chris said in that interview about "hating" has something to do with this?

Btw, I have come to accept that Politik will not appear on the whole tour. Hope it gets back for the next one, I won't be in peace with myself till I hear it live.

Am I the only one that thinks that Viva la Vida live is one of their strongest performances? It's not even close to my favorite song by them, but when the crowd gets into it live (especially near the end: Oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhh oh) it's incredible!

I'm happy with the setlist, although I would like Politik

I find it really weird Speed of Sound appeared on the setlist almost out of nowhere, even if its an acoustic version. Does anyone think what Chris said in that interview about "hating" has something to do with this?

Btw, I have come to accept that Politik will not appear on the whole tour. Hope it gets back for the next one, I won't be in peace with myself till I hear it live.

I've a feeling the Howard Stern interview has something to do with Speed Of Sound reappearance on the current setlist.

I might have to sit down during DLIBYH as a protest for the absence of Politik. But as July 2nd approaches, I find myself feeling more and more grateful that I get to see the band at all. So in my heart, they are already forgiven.

I've a feeling the Howard Stern interview has something to do with Speed Of Sound reappearance on the current setlist.

I might have to sit down during DLIBYH as a protest for the absence of Politik. But as July 2nd approaches, I find myself feeling more and more grateful that I get to see the band at all. So in my heart, they are already forgiven.

In fairness, Speed of Sound has reappeared from time to time before. It was played a few times on the Viva Tour. I think the reason they dropped it for awhile probably has at least some amount to do with the fact that it recieved a ton of critisism for sounding similar to clocks.

Really? DLIBYH is definitely one of my favorites from their new album. Definitely in my top ten of all time. To each his own. ;) Politik was fantastic when I saw them in 2009, and there are definitely songs I will miss, but overall I too am just way too pumped for disappointment.

Am I the only one that thinks that Viva la Vida live is one of their strongest performances? It's not even close to my favorite song by them, but when the crowd gets into it live (especially near the end: Oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhh oh) it's incredible!

I'm happy with the setlist, although I would like Politik

Of course it is! You have no idea how many live performances I've watched of VLV on YouTube, just to see how each crowd reacts to the 'woahhhhh' moment. Some are really powerful (and you see Chris smiling and putting his hands together in thanking the audience), and then there are others which are really average.

But regardless, I think it's their most powerful song live. Ever.

Really? DLIBYH is definitely one of my favorites from their new album. Definitely in my top ten of all time. To each his own. ;) Politik was fantastic when I saw them in 2009, and there are definitely songs I will miss, but overall I too am just way too pumped for disappointment.

I do love DLIBYH. I'm just annoyed that it's the reason (according to some here) they can't play Politik.

Personally, I'm alright with the fact they took it out. I do enjoy Politik, but I kinda feel it doesn't fit in with the MX Era (hence this tour.)

With all the hoopla and color, I think more upbeat and lively songs like Lovers In Japan and Speed of Sound fit in well, especially after they changed Speed of Sound to the key of C :wreck:

But that's just my opinion :blank:

You can't please eveyone i guess. Be fun if they threw a curveball in every so often. its difficult with all the live production, but i would love to hear One I Love again. Surely the setlist could be 2 songs longer

Why do they continue to push Up in Flames. It could be my least favorite Coldplay song of all time. Its just so mediocre and forgettable. If they need another song from this album put on Up with the Birds or U.F.O. But even them I don't need to see in concert.

It's generally gotten a stronger fan reception than most of the other songs on MX.

Just my opinion here, but I truly feel that the setlist for the tour is on point. There are so many factors to consider, especially on a tour of this magnitude. We are obviously on this site because we are hard-core, devoted fans. I am, admittedly, a Coldplay apologist. There is not one song that I dislike, and I'm a huge fan of X&Y!! I LOVE songs that a lot of people don't care for. Some of my absolute favorite CP songs are ones that may not be as well known to casual fans. I can pretty much sing every single lyric to every album. And, while it would awesome if the band catered their shows to fans like us, they have to consider other types of fans or concert attendees. I think they have managed the setlist very well for this tour.

**As a side note - when they came through my city on the second leg of VLV tour, on the B-stage, Chris started playing Trouble instead of Hardest Part, which they had not rehearsed at all so he stumbled a few times. I guess since they are doing a lot of multi-night venues, they could have rehearsed a few different songs and interchanged them for varieties sake, but I am not faulting them at all for sticking to their same setlist.