✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mad at setlist

Fabodabo31

I recently read the setlist for US tour and really? I mean Shiver has been on the setlist FOREVER, and instead theyre playing POC...:/ They're also not playing Lost or Politik, instead theyre playing a warning sign? Don't get me wrong, I love all of their songs, but I cant believe they gave up Politik, lost and Shiver...Get it together coldplay!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qq

So in your world Coldplay play the same songs and never make a change, or is it only changes that you personally approve, 'cause that's what i'm getting from reading your rant. News flash: your opinions on what songs are good or bad are not shared by everyone. As a result shuffling up the set list is a way for all fans to get a chance to hear the songs they want. If a song you don't like is played, go play with your phone or something for the duration of the song.

Shiver was only on the festival setlist because they MX wasn't released. The same with Everything's Not Lost and Life Is For Living (however that one lasted a bit longer but eventually gave its spot up to Paradise).

Getting rid of Lost! in favour of Lovers in Japan was a smart move in my opinion. Lovers is just so much better live. Yes, I'm sad that Politik seems to have been dropped, but they don't have to play it, and instead they're playing DLIBYH which is just as good from what I've seen. Shiver hasn't been played consistently since the AROBTTH tour, so any live performance of it nowadays is a rare thing anyway. I would be much more concerned if they replaced Yellow for example, but we all know that's never going to happen.

Mostly, the setlist isn't that bad. It's not as good as the setlist on the Viva tour but it's still good. The only criticisms I'd have of it would be the inclusion of Princess of China. The song itself doesn't bother me, but the way they 'perform' it live is just awful. The fact that songs like Politik have been removed to make room for it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't know why anybody would want to pay for a concert to hear some pre-recorded vocals while the band half-heartedly play along with it. It sounds identical to the album version. It''s pointless really.

That being said, I love the piano version of Warning Sign and they play most of their best songs along with a few lesser-known songs for the fans which is great. I wish they'd play Amsterdam as part of the acoustic set but it's not going to ruin the concert for me if they don't. I'm not crazy about ETIAW as the closing song either but mostly it's a decent setlist.

I think their setlist is the best it's ever been. If you want my honest opinion, while Coldplay is a great live act, they actually have very few songs that work well live. The only songs I can seem them adding back to the setlist are Politik, maybe Lost! (not very strong live, but still decent), and A Message, which does work well live, but possibly not in a gig setting. All of their other songs are either extremely mellow, too mellow to work in a live setting, or have too much of a rambling feel to work in a live setting.

And this is exactly why I love Mylo Xyloto. It's easily my favorite Coldplay album and stands up there with my favorite U2 albums (I'm a hardcore U2 fan). I felt that MX was designed with the live stage in mind. They wanted to create an album that not only sounds great in your stereo/laptop, but also on the stage.

I have to say that I really love the setlist and that I miss 'Politik' either, because it's one of my favorite songs, but the Coldplay concert at which I'm going in September will be my first Coldplay concert, so they could tell only a story and I would be still impressed :wacko:

I think their setlist is the best it's ever been. If you want my honest opinion, while Coldplay is a great live act, they actually have very few songs that work well live. The only songs I can seem them adding back to the setlist are Politik, maybe Lost! (not very strong live, but still decent), and A Message, which does work well live, but possibly not in a gig setting. All of their other songs are either extremely mellow, too mellow to work in a live setting, or have too much of a rambling feel to work in a live setting.

And this is exactly why I love Mylo Xyloto. It's easily my favorite Coldplay album and stands up there with my favorite U2 albums (I'm a hardcore U2 fan). I felt that MX was designed with the live stage in mind. They wanted to create an album that not only sounds great in your stereo/laptop, but also on the stage.

agreed.

Politik was the only from those that was on the setlist like "forever", I think they've been playing that one pretty much on the same way since 2002, but it's good to change just to keep things intersting, maybe on the next tour they'll take off In My Place (another they've been playing pretty much the same way) and put Politik back. LiJ is a better song than Lost!, and Shiver just comes up every once in a while.

Shiver wasn't played that much actually because it's a well known fact that Guy HATES the song. I'm very disappointed about them dropping Politik because I personnaly think it's their best song, but eh, they do what they want ^^

The rest is ok. You guys have to learn that, as much as we want it, Coldplay's never gonna be one of these bands their setlist every two shows. And they have so many choice, and we all have different tastes that it would be impossible to please everybody anyways.

I recently read the setlist for US tour and really? I mean Shiver has been on the setlist FOREVER, and instead theyre playing POC...:/ They're also not playing Lost or Politik, instead theyre playing a warning sign? Don't get me wrong, I love all of their songs, but I cant believe they gave up Politik, lost and Shiver...Get it together coldplay!

So true, You're totally right!

And the setlist should be longer!

Yes, the setlist should be longer.

But as I mentioned earlier, they don't have many strong live hits to draw from. As I said before, if they add more songs, I anticipate that they will bring back Politik, possibly Lost!, maybe A Message, and hopefully introduce Up With The Birds (which is technically supposed to transition directly from DLIBYH.

^ When was GPASUYF out??? They played it all the MX tour, and the eletro mix on Viva, and the whole Twisted Logic and AROBTTH tour, right?

:nod: They've played it at pretty much every concert since 2001 I think.

Why do they continue to push Up in Flames. It could be my least favorite Coldplay song of all time. Its just so mediocre and forgettable. If they need another song from this album put on Up with the Birds or U.F.O. But even them I don't need to see in concert.

^ well said