✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Nov-2012] Coldplay @ Allianz Stadium, Sydney, Australia

Size really matters for Coldplay

067917-coldplay.jpg

Coldplay on their way to Sydney, for their biggest tour yet.

BRITISH band Coldplay are officially stadium rockers. Ending months of speculation, Coldplay will perform at Sydney's Allianz Stadium on November 17.

Tickets start at $99 and go on sale May 25 at 9am from Ticketek (ticketek.com.au).

The tour takes in the biggest venues the band has headlined in Australia so far.

Frontman Chris Martin said band members were itching to return Down Under.

"It's such a special place for us," Martin told Insider. "These venues are pretty huge, the Aussie crowds are always incredible and we'll be bringing everything we've got. It's going to be big."

The opening acts have been hand-picked by Coldplay, including Melbourne band the Temper Trap and US band the Pierces, whose album was produced by Coldplay bassist Guy Berryman.

Coldplay's current tour, in support of No.1 album Mylo Xyloto, has been super-sized to fit into stadiums.

The band perform several tracks on a catwalk adjacent to the main stage, as well as continuing their concept of a pop-up near the rear of each venue.

Every member of the audience is given a special LCD wristband when they enter the venue.

The wristbands, featuring a plastic box with the Coldplay logo, illuminate during the concert and become part of the show's hi-tech lighting display.

Fans will see pop star Rihanna, who duets with Martin on the new Coldplay single Princess of China, perform on video screens during the concert.

The concert doubles as a veritable greatest hits affair with Coldplay classics like In My Place, Fix You, The Scientist, Yellow, Viva la Vida, God Put a Smile On Your Face, Clocks, Paradise and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall featuring in the overseas set lists.

Last year's single Paradise has become their biggest

seller to date in Australia, reaching sales of 280,000 (four times platinum).

Since their 2000 debut Parachutes, Coldplay have sold over 1.2 million copies

of their five albums in Australia. Coldplay's last tour here was in 2009 supporting their Viva La Vida album,

although the band made a fleeting visit last year to play the Splendour In The Grass festival.

The band will only play east coast dates in Australia, which is set to disappoint fans in Adelaide and Perth.

Their November schedule includes the possibility of second dates in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney depending on demand.

The Australasian tour starts with a show in Auckland on November 10.

A Coldplay presale for Visa card holders starts on May 17 (see visaentertainment.com. au for full details).

link

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thecpoz.jpg

Australia and NZ tour announced

12 May 2012 10:00 pm

The band will play four stadium shows in November

news_line.png

Good evening (or good morning as it is down under). We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay are taking the Mylo Xyloto world tour to Australasia for a run of stadium shows in November, when the band will play in Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Said Chris Martin: “We can't wait to get back to Australia and New Zealand this November. They're such special places for us. These venues are pretty huge, the Aussie and New Zealand crowds are always incredible and we'll be bringing everything we've got. It's going to be big."

Support at the shows will come from The Temper Trap and The Pierces.

Advance tickets will be available to all Visa Credit, Debit and Prepaid cardholders from 12noon (local time) in Sydney and 1.00pm (local time) in Brisbane, this Thursday, 17 May, 2012 until 5.00pm (local time), Saturday, 19 May, 2012 or until presale tickets sell out at

http://www.visaentertainment.com.au.

TOUR DATES

Saturday, 10 November, 2012

Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

Tickets on sale from 9.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Tuesday, 13 November, 2012

Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Saturday, 17 November, 2012

Allianz Stadium, Sydney

http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Wednesday, 21 November, 2012

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Tickets on sale from 10.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012

http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Ticketek info:

On sale to public Fri 25 May, 9am

TICKET LIMIT: A maximum of 10 tickets per transaction may be purchased with an overall limit of 20 tickets per credit card for each performance. Tickets purchased in excess of these limits may be cancelled. The credit cardholder must be a My Ticketek member.

Concert will proceed Rain or Shine

Presented By: Chugg Entertainment, Today Network, Channel [V], MAX & Take 40

Special Guests: The Temper Trap and The Pierces

Thanks Tash! :)

This is way too amazing. One day before my birthday, should be about a week after i finish uni annnnd The Temper Trap as the opener!!!!

I have a question about pre-sale though. On Ticketek it says "Please note that the Visa Entertainment pre-sale for Coldplay is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the general public and is not a preferential seating service." Does this mean that the tickets are completely random? So even if i'm the first to buy tickets during the pre-sale that i could potentially get terrible seats?

Hi there!

i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. i will be coming to this concert. and hopefully will grab my ticket fast!

does anybody know the seating plan yet?

so exciting for this one...

hahaha..... see you soon who will be attending this one guys!!

ps: The Temper Trap vocalist is Indonesian !!! :D

Thanks Tash! :)

This is way too amazing. One day before my birthday, should be about a week after i finish uni annnnd The Temper Trap as the opener!!!!

I have a question about pre-sale though. On Ticketek it says "Please note that the Visa Entertainment pre-sale for Coldplay is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the general public and is not a preferential seating service." Does this mean that the tickets are completely random? So even if i'm the first to buy tickets during the pre-sale that i could potentially get terrible seats?

That sounds awesome for you!

Hi there!

i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. i will be coming to this concert. and hopefully will grab my ticket fast!

does anybody know the seating plan yet?

so exciting for this one...

hahaha..... see you soon who will be attending this one guys!!

ps: The Temper Trap vocalist is Indonesian !!! :D

Hi Agie,

I'm Olivia from Jakarta, Indonesia. Looking forward to their show in Sydney too :). It's on the weekend, that's why.

Cheers!

Olivia

presale tickets go on sale thurs 17 may - between $100.73 for Oval B general admission and silver reserve seating and $151.61 for the Oval A general admission and gold reserve seating

i called the stadium and they said the stage will be at southern end of ground in front of bays 1 to 6

can anyone confirm if there will be a 360 degree stage with seats available behind the stage similar to the U2 shows? or will the section behind the stage be unavailable?

still no concert seating map for the show with price category areas unconfirmed - i assume all lower deck seating in the southern half of the stadium is gold, and all upper decks in entire stadium plus lower decks of northern end are silver seating? or maybe all lower decks in entire stadium are gold? im not sure but if anyone can confirm it would be appreciated

it would be good to know exactly what sections of the stadium are for each price category for the reserved seating before the tickets go on sale

this is a map of the stadium...

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_seating.php?id=9

it would be good to know exactly what sections of the stadium are for each price category for the reserved seating before the tickets go on sale

Yeah, I need to know too. Sadly, I don't think we will know until the pre sale starts- the same thing happened with Lady Gaga and she had 5 or 6 different ticket prices but the map didn't show which price corresponded with which section. Since it's my first time going to the stadium, I'm just accepting the fact that the likelihood of bad seats is realistic lol

ahh, pre-sale tomorrow!!! I'll be ringing up ticketek tomorrow but does it matter if i purchase the ticket with a visa card that doesn't have my name on it? It's my aunties so the last name is still correct but i'm just wondering if i may need to buy the tickets under my name....

Anyways, i can't wait!!! Missing out on a part of a uni lecture and tutorial for this! Fingers crossed i'll get good tickets. The hard decision is whether i should take the risk of not getting the pre-sale tickets if they end up to be not so great and instead wait for general sale....What do you think?

I'll be ringing up ticketek tomorrow but does it matter if i purchase the ticket with a visa card that doesn't have my name on it? It's my aunties so the last name is still correct but i'm just wondering if i may need to buy the tickets under my name....

I don't think it matters, just make sure the addresses are correct. If you're opting to pick up the tickets, she might have to pick them up for you because you need the credit card holder to do that.

The hard decision is whether i should take the risk of not getting the pre-sale tickets if they end up to be not so great and instead wait for general sale....What do you think?

Aah, no clue. I normally do pre sales if I can because I hate stressing over general sales. Sadly, I don't know anyone with a Visa card so I can't do presale tomorrow :( Good luck though!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g1yEJgmglE&feature=player_embedded]Coldplay Mylo Xyloto Tour - Australia & New Zealand 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Australian Tour Promo from the promoter youtube channel, Chugg Entertainment

here is the price category map...

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=COLDVISA12&view=vent

bays 1-7 and 41 behind stage unavailable so no 360 degree stage

and you can only get pre sale tickets with a Visa credit, debit or prepaid card on the internet, not over the phone

you can use someone elses card but the card holder will have to pick the tickets up at an outlet($7.20 fee) or choose the email and print ticket option(I think $5.10 fee)

Good luck to everyone at presale! I'm at school right now and I'm buying them during English (let's just hope my English teacher understands and likes me enough to let me do it during class :laugh3:)

ahah, good luck! :) I should really be in class but i'm in the uni library. so worth it aha :)

here is the price category map...

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=COLDVISA12&view=vent

bays 1-7 and 41 behind stage unavailable so no 360 degree stage

and you can only get pre sale tickets with a Visa credit, debit or prepaid card on the internet, not over the phone

you can use someone elses card but the card holder will have to pick the tickets up at an outlet($7.20 fee) or choose the email and print ticket option(I think $5.10 fee)

14 minutes to go!!!!

I called them up and they said the same thing. You can also choose to get them sent to you by mail and that'll work as well :)

Got Oval B tickets. Really wanted Oval A but i forgot to login to my account so that took a few seconds and by the time i logged in all of them were gone :\ Gonna try again in the general admission for Oval A tickets though. I thought it'd be great to stand no matter how far back i am! :) still can't beleive i'm going to se this this november

did anyone manage to get OVAL A tickets? they ran out so fast I could only get gold reserve :bigcry:

I want to stand soooo badly :(

does anyone know if on May 25th there will be more OVAL A avaliable?

thankyou!