✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-Nov-2012] Coldplay @ Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto Tour – New Zealand

Visa Entertainment is giving Coldplay fans the exclusive opportunity to buy tickets first to the highly anticipated New Zealand leg of their Mylo Xyloto World Tour.

This will mark the first time the 7-time Grammy Award winners have toured New Zealand since the overwhelming success of their 2009 Viva La Vida tour.

Visa cardholders can get tickets to Coldplay’s concert in Visa Entertainment’s exclusive pre-sale, from 12pm noon Thursday 17 May until 5pm Saturday 19 May, or until presale tickets sell out.

Supporting Coldplay in New Zealand will be The Temper Trap and The Pierces.

Coldplay

Mylo Xyloto Tour

With The Temper Trap and The Pierces

Saturday, 10 November, 2012

Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

link

Coldplay-2012.aspx

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thecpoz.jpg

Australia and NZ tour announced

12 May 2012 10:00 pm

The band will play four stadium shows in November

news_line.png

Good evening (or good morning as it is down under). We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay are taking the Mylo Xyloto world tour to Australasia for a run of stadium shows in November, when the band will play in Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Said Chris Martin: “We can't wait to get back to Australia and New Zealand this November. They're such special places for us. These venues are pretty huge, the Aussie and New Zealand crowds are always incredible and we'll be bringing everything we've got. It's going to be big."

Support at the shows will come from The Temper Trap and The Pierces.

Advance tickets will be available to all Visa Credit, Debit and Prepaid cardholders from 12noon (local time) in Sydney and 1.00pm (local time) in Brisbane, this Thursday, 17 May, 2012 until 5.00pm (local time), Saturday, 19 May, 2012 or until presale tickets sell out at

http://www.visaentertainment.com.au.

TOUR DATES

Saturday, 10 November, 2012

Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

Tickets on sale from 9.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Tuesday, 13 November, 2012

Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Saturday, 17 November, 2012

Allianz Stadium, Sydney

http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Wednesday, 21 November, 2012

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Tickets on sale from 10.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012

http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Ticketmaster info:

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri 25/05/12, 09:00 NZST

Visa Entertainment Presale

Start: Thu 17/05/12, 12:00 NZST

End: Sat 19/05/12, 17:00 NZST

Chugg Entertainment Members Presale

Start: Mon 21/05/12, 14:00 NZST

End: Tue 22/05/12, 14:00 NZST

General Admission: http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/240048ABDA401C16?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Allocated Seating: http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/240048ABA75C1507?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Can I just say again YES at this date, it's a perfect time when I'm on holiday there! :D

I could've done with an extra month to get the cash together as I have the trip to Madrid to pay for, but you only live once........

From this Article:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10805151

"It does seem a little bit scary when you first look at it," guitarist Johnny Buckland told TimeOut this week.

"But once you start doing it it's great because we genuinely love touring, traveling, and playing - you know, it's a good life."

For the full interview with Buckland see TimeOut on Thursday.

Looking forward to that.

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If I do the Presale, is it possible to get one 'seated' ticket and one 'general admission' ticket? Or does a presale only allow you to buy one group? Oh, and can i participate in both presales?

Hi Guys!

I'm a new Coldplaying user here, and I live in Perth Western Australia.

As you know, no Perth concert was announced, or Adelaide! I've made this petition to try and get the ball rolling and get them to make things happen!

Please support Perth and Adelaide Coldplay fans by signing this petition (even if you don't live at either of them). I've never seen Coldplay live, and it would be a dream come true true for me and others to sing 'Viva la Vida' and all their other iconic songs together with our favourite band.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-coldplay-to-perthadelaide-this-2012/

I would greatly appreciate it if you quickly signed (you can use your Facebook account), lets band together to help fellow Coldplay fans! :D

Thanks for reading.

hey, can anyone tell me whether or not the fan package GA gold tickets will have heaps better allocated standing positions than the GA gold positions ?

if that make sense...

like if I got a GA gold and got there early, could i get in a good spot to watch the show ?

thanks.

Got my tickets! :D Heard pre-sale tickets was sold out without the first 1hr!

I decided to get allocated seating this time round as I want to experience the light show proper. Sooo excited!!!! Nov can't come any faster!!!!

Got my tickets! :D Heard pre-sale tickets was sold out without the first 1hr!

I decided to get allocated seating this time round as I want to experience the light show proper. Sooo excited!!!! Nov can't come any faster!!!!

hey, can anyone tell me whether or not the fan package GA gold tickets will have heaps better allocated standing positions than the GA gold positions ?

if that make sense...

like if I got a GA gold and got there early, could i get in a good spot to watch the show ?

thanks.

The last two times I got GA tickets I went super early and got great spots. This would be my first time having allocated seating so I can't really say.

EDIT: But then I realised you said allocated standing positions. I have no idea what the difference is between that and GA. :laugh3:

Did anyone purchase their pre-sale tickets internationally? I tried from home here in Melbourne, and each time I went to complete my order, I would eventually be met with "there was a problem processing your request". I lost three sets of great tickets. Killed me. The only reassuring thing is knowing there will be two more chances to secure tickets.

I'm in contact with Ticketmaster NZ now, but I was interested to know if anyone was actually able to successfully buy their tickets from an international location?

ETA: ...and I've just realised it was an oversight on my behalf -- make sure your billing information is up-to-date. Stupid, stupid me.

general admission: NZ $149.00

allocated seating: NZ $99.00 - NZ $149.00

I gave your reply a thanks.

That is a bit pricey for me. And I'll be missing out on this concert too as the tickets could soon all be sold out.

If Coldplay had done a concert in Auckland when I was there last November and if the tickets had been available through the ITICKET NZ site, I would have bought one for sure.

5866222.jpg

What's everyone's problem with Coldplay?

OPINION: Who would have thought a band as outwardly innocent as Coldplay could divide a nation?

Not me, that's for sure. But news of their return to Auckland has created feelings akin to those felt for the GC.

Here's a sample of the comments on Auckland Now's story announcing the show:

"It's obvious some of you have not seen Coldplay in a concert, they are massive to say the least when they play live. Right up there with U2" versus ...

"How come we are doing everything in our power to stop fruitfly, but are unable to stop Coldplay coming into the country?"

That was my absolute favourite by the way - good use of topical subject matter, well thought out and not overtly critical. Totally ten out of ten.

See what I mean about splitting opinion? Here I was thinking they were a nice band that could do quite well in the awesome (and somewhat under utilised) outdoor setting of Mt Smart Stadium. Turns out, maybe not. Turns out, in fact, more people decided to log in and take the time to comment on how much they dislike the idea of seeing Coldplay back on these shores.

The thing is, I like Coldplay. Or a slightly more correct statement would be "I like the old Coldplay". Give me Parachutes to swoon over any day, or let me listen to A Rush Of Blood To The Head while driving on a gravel country road in the rain.*

But I kind of stopped listening (and caring) after X & Y was released.

After that they got "experimental" (which is actually code for, well, a bit up their own bums) and while I'm not one to attribute blame, America has a lot to answer for: cough*Gwyneth*cough.

All that aside though, I have seen Mister Christopher Martin and the boys live - it was at the Big Day Out and the bass player wore a pink cowboy hat - and they were great. I've seen recent footage and they still sound incredible, and people who went to their last show at Vector still crow about it.

So how will they go at Mt Smart in November? Public semi-hatred aside, you get the sense it's always the haters that yell the loudest. Everyone else who is excited by the idea of singing along to Yellow or sobbing quietly to Fix You is busy plotting when to get tickets and if they will need to wear sunscreen at that time of year.

Will there be people camped out overnight for tickets a la U2? No, probably not. Will there be the mad rush just like Radiohead (who, incidentally are in Auckland just a few days before Coldplay and just after The Black Keys. Heck November is going to be a busy one), again I'd say no. Are they going to reinvent the musical wheel? Again, I doubt it. But will they sell out Mt Smart and put on a rather good show? Yeah I reckon they just might, and I'm pretty excited to see it.

Ad Feedback After all, haters gonna hate right?

*This is an actual memory thing. It was pretty much like being in a movie, or an episode of Top Gear, if I wasn't driving a 1992 Toyota Corolla.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/blogs/the-diary/6942039/Whats-everyones-problem-with-Coldplay

Me too! I tried this morning just for fun and couldn't get any!

Btw, can anyone tell me where the Gold Section seats are? I bought mine using the best available option. First time buying allocated seating so I have no idea whether best available is indeed the best available. Haha!

• 1 month later...

Coldplay to announce more tickets?

may13-coldplay.jpg

Coldplay are coming to New Zealand in November

Tickets to Coldplay's tour of New Zealand and Australia went on sale to an overwhelming response.

With just a handful of tickets now remaining in Auckland, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, Coldplay’s international production manager flew into New Zealand and Australia last week to visit every show city.

The venues and their respective seating arrangements were assessed to establish where more tickets could be made available for fans who had missed out.

Coldplay's management team in the UK have since said there will be more tickets to release for sale, the exact numbers are still to be determined.

Ticket-buyers have been warned to not purchase tickets from unauthorised resellers.

They have been urged to be patient, as there will be a number of legitimate tickets released in the coming weeks.

Coldplay will be supported by The Temper Trap and The Pierces.

link