✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-Nov-2012] Coldplay @ Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay gig: the do's and don'ts

Last mintue tips and travel advice for concert

If Coldplay's first New Zealand stadium show is anything like what they've done overseas, the Auckland audience is in for glowing wristbands, lasers, and confetti cannons.

The mega band play at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night as part of their Mylo Xyloto world tour and to ensure the almost 50,000 fans attending behave themselves, organisers have issued a few last minute tips and rules:

Transport

There will be no public parking facilities available at the stadium with roads around Mt Smart closed and parking restrictions enforced. However, there is a drop-off/pick-up point on Station Rd. The public have been asked to avail of the extra public transport, which will be put on, for getting to and from the concert.

For a full list of road closures visit aucklandtransport.govt.nz.

Travel on trains and buses is included with the ticket to the event. Trains start from Britomart at 4.30pm and run until 90 minutes after the concert ends. Buses depart Quay St for Mt Smart from 4.15pm onwards. For more information, visit maxx.co.nz.

Conditions of entry

Firstly, there will be no pass-outs available so once inside the venue, people must remain there - no exceptions.

Audience members will be searched when they arrive, so it would pay to leave things like video cameras, chilly bins, air horns and alcohol at home.

Other prohibited items include takeaways, lasers, fireworks, and anything that could be used as a projectile, like glow sticks, balls and containers.

The weather is forecast to be fine, but in case of rain, bring a jacket and leave the umbrellas at home - they will be confiscated at the gate.

Ticketholders are allowed to bring small personal cameras, a small amount of home-prepared food and one one-litre, sealed water bottle per person.

Alcohol will be available on site, but will stop being served at 9.30pm.

Set times:

5.30pm - gates open

6.45pm - The Pierces

7.30pm - Temper Trap

9.00pm - Coldplay

* All times are subject to change without notice. Some last minute tickets are still available from Ticketmaster.

link

Will the show be on radio anywhere? Will anyone get a high quality audio recording of it?

I still have a standing ticket available - at this rate I'll have to use it to go in, come out and go back in again to get an extra xyloband....

I loved Marina and the Diamonds and Charli XCX :embarrassed:

What time would the show be on our time?

I enjoyed Mrrina, LOVED Emeli, but I really love the Temper Trap. For a change both bands are bands I would go to hear live on their own.

Are you going to be crazy and stay up, Kristen? I am...I hope,lol.

I enjoyed Mrrina, LOVED Emeli, but I really love the Temper Trap. For a change both bands are bands I would go to hear live on their own.

Are you going to be crazy and stay up, Kristen? I am...I hope,lol.

Oh right I completely forgot about Emeli. She was awesome! She has an amazing voice! You went to both Toronto shows right?

Hmm probably not lol. Is there a live feed?

Oh right I completely forgot about Emeli. She was awesome! She has an amazing voice! You went to both Toronto shows right?

Hmm probably not lol. Is there a live feed?

I only went on the 24th. I would have gone to both if I could though.

Is there a live feed? I hope so, but I haven't seen one. I'd definitely stay up if there were.

I only went on the 24th. I would have gone to both if I could though.

Is there a live feed? I hope so, but I haven't seen one. I'd definitely stay up if there were.

The 24th was an awesome show! We got Trouble :D Where were your seats for that night?

Sorry mods for being off topic here ;)

I haven't heard if there is a live feed. I hope we get at least one for these last few tour dates.