✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Article: Man, I Used To Really Love Coldplay

coldplaymom

That was a bit uncalled for man. So what if some people want to post in the Gwyneth thread? People want different things out of a site like this, and if that's how they want to spend their time here, there's no reason to belittle it with a snarky comment.

Not at all. Don't dish it out if you can't take it!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. Don't dish it out if you can't take it!

You "dish out" more insulting comments to other posters than any 5 people on here, so please don't give me that. People only attack you after you repeatedly insist that your opinion is the only correct one, and that everyone must think like you do. If you can't see how that provokes people to snap at you, than you're missing the point in a big, big way.:)

You "dish out" more insulting comments to other posters than any 5 people on here, so please don't give me that. People only attack you after you repeatedly insist that your opinion is the only correct one, and that everyone must think like you do. If you can't see how that provokes people to snap at you, than you're missing the point in a big, big way.:)

I'm a very sarcastic person and many of my comments are probably lost in translation - that doesn't justify attacks. Don't like what I say, simple put me on ignore. :)

I'm a very sarcastic person and many of my comments are probably lost in translation - that doesn't justify attacks. Don't like what I say, simple put me on ignore. :)

I'm not saying it does. For my part, I only ever tried to attack your arguements and not you, at least until the sarcasm started to grate on me. If I crossed over the personal line, I apologize.:)

Look, I know some people can be fan girl/boy-y here, but that's just how it goes on a site like this.

I'm not saying it does. For my part, I only ever tried to attack your arguements and not you, at least until the sarcasm started to grate on me. If I crossed over the personal line, I apologize.:)

Look, I know some people can be fan girl/boy-y here, but that's just how it goes on a site like this.

.....apology accepted.

See you in the other threads we're currently jousting at!

I won't speak for anyone else, but In that case, just say "eh, I like their early stuff" and leave it at that and I'll have no issue with you. That's how I feel about Radiohead for example.

Statements like you made there, may be true for you, but are not objective truth (for example, I would argue that certain lyrical passages in MX are in fact, vintage Chris Martin style lyrics.) Both of our opinions reflect our personal truth, but neither is absolute truth.

I guess my position in this matter boils down to 3 things:

1. Just because you like or dislike something, doesn't give you the right to claim your opinion as the objective truth, nor to run down people with opposing opinions (unless you're attacked first.)

2. No one can say for sure what they band's motives are for doing anything they've done, so stop acting like you can, it just makes you look foolish, and "proves" nothing.

3. Because Coldplaying is a Coldplay fan site, any critisism of the band is bound to be met with a negative reaction from a subset of the posters. This is just a fact of life on a site of this nature, and expecting otherwise is IMHO unreasonable.

I don't think it should be unreasonable to discuss the band and the music both likes and dislikes but I don't think that will happen for quite some time, maybe when Coldplay have split up and the fans have all matured and can look back at the old days and respect one another.

I don't think it should be unreasonable to discuss the band and the music both likes and dislikes but I don't think that will happen for quite some time, maybe when Coldplay have split up and the fans have all matured and can look back at the old days and respect one another.

I'm not saying that it's unreasonable, only that a site like this is going to attract some people who will respond negatively to that type of thing, and that's normal.

OK, they did change. But anyone saying Viva La Vida was a crap album loses my respect and validity of argument. Call me biased.

Biased. :dozey:

(I don't think VLV is outright crap by any means, but it's a steep drop off from their previous albums.)

Biased. :dozey:

(I don't think VLV is outright crap by any means, but it's a steep drop off from their previous albums.)

I would agree (about the bias not the album quality;)), but to be fair, that same statement has been used a ton of times to belittle anyone who dares to admit they actually like MX.

Chris Martin singing the words "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction 06/28/2012 - YouTube[/url]

Time to come back to earth Chris, this is getting embarrassing.....

As much as I dislike One Direction its cool that Chris acknowledged one of his fans, I will try to not dislike the band so much now that I know at least one member likes Coldplay.

This is my reaction to reading this guy's article:

When I read the bit about the lyrics to AROBTTH I thought "Seems good so far" :thumbsup:

When I got to the part about him liking High Speed and Shiver I thought "Still seems fine. What's everyone making such a fuss about?" :huh:

When I read the part about the gig in 2002 I was like "Cool story bro." :nod:

But the moment I read what he had to say about Swallowed in the Sea and Cemeteries of London these were my exact reactions:

:huh:

:o

:angry:

:veryangry:

:saw:

:lol:

I was upset by what he said of Swallowed in the sea :angry:

I don't make fun of Bieber fans, I just feel sorry for them

?

Why would you feel sorry for someone for having something they enjoy?

:nod: Its just how when people say they are sorry for Coldpaly fans

As much as I dislike One Direction its cool that Chris acknowledged one of his fans, I will try to not dislike the band so much now that I know at least one member likes Coldplay.

i just want them to disappear off the face of the earth; along with gaga, bieber and that f****** asshole pitbull. as woohoo37 said before, they're untalented useless corporate machines with zero musical or artistic abilities in them, with a an entire team who do everything for them behind the scenes.

i wouldn't mind if 14 year olds wanna tear each other to pieces for them, but its the fact that you just cannot escape them. they're absolutely EVERYWHERE. you would have to literally stop watching TV, stop listening to radio, stop going on the internet and stop leaving your house if you wanna escape them.

so no, i don't understand why chris would acknowledge a dickhead who likes sha***** 30 year old married women

rant over

i just want them to disappear off the face of the earth; along with gaga, bieber and that f****** asshole pitbull. as woohoo37 said before, they're untalented useless corporate machines with zero musical or artistic abilities in them, with a an entire team who do everything for them behind the scenes.

i wouldn't mind if 14 year olds wanna tear each other to pieces for them, but its the fact that you just cannot escape them. they're absolutely EVERYWHERE. you would have to literally stop watching TV, stop listening to radio, stop going on the internet and stop leaving your house if you wanna escape them.

so no, i don't understand why chris would acknowledge a dickhead who likes sha***** 30 year old married women

rant over

I see what you mean, so I'll respect you for stating your thoughts on such. :nod: