✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Article: Man, I Used To Really Love Coldplay

coldplaymom

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't accept that post. I just can't.

I was about to say something again but I realised it would be useless because you completely ignored my responses to your posts, so I don't see why it would change :dozey:

You say no one wins, but from what I read in your posts, you keep thinking your last word is the one everyone should agree on, so, THERE YOU WIN. I hope you're happy. Have a nice evening :nice:

Sounds like Coeurli has her knickers in a CURL!!!!!! LOL :lol:

That's simply Chris being Chris. Remember "it's getting hot in here", "how can we be lovers if we can't be friends", "I feel like a woman", etc? He's quick, smart, and considerate that way. As it's already been said here, he just wanted to acknowledge 1 of 1D members presence.

Coldplay makes beautiful music, but many bands do. The reason some of us are fans is b/c of their personalities, particularly Chris Martin's. He's very humble and down to earth. He'd be flattered if Miley Cyrus wanted to meet him. I hope he never changes, and I don't think he will.

Those examples are not the same as what Chris did.

With friends like JayZ and Beyonce whilst being married to a hollywood actress you unlikely to be down to earth lol

I'm sorry, but this arguement simply doesn't wash. Coldplay's older material already had about as much commercial mass appeal as it's possible to get. Artists can only "sell out" if they're not a commercial juggernaut to begin with. If that was their motovation (and I see no reason to believe it was) they needn't have altered their sound at all. Coldplay's audience, on the whole, is not any younger now than it ever was. If anything, the biggest segment of their audience (at least in North America) is the Triple A crowd, which is primarily composed of slightly older adults.

Your argument doesn't wash either. Coldplay's older music never tried to appeal to tennypoppers like a duet to with Rihanna would. MX just sounds like everything else in the charts, the earlier stuff did not - infact it inspired and paved the way for a lot of new bands.

Coldplaying seems to be going through a weird state of losing faith in Coldplay! Does this always happen!?

Many longtime fans including myself just think the latest era isn't up to standard. I just hope Viva wasn't a peak. I haven't totally lost faith in Coldplay but they should stop trying to sound like mainstream music and try to do something different.

Your argument doesn't wash either. Coldplay's older music never tried to appeal to tennypoppers like a duet to with Rihanna would. MX just sounds like everything else in the charts, the earlier stuff did not - infact it inspired and paved the way for a lot of new bands.

just because they did a duet with Rihanna does not inherently mean they were trying to appeal to teens... just like that their music back then might not have appealed to that general demographic does not mean they didn't want it to. :P

Many longtime fans including myself just think the latest era isn't up to standard. I just hope Viva wasn't a peak. I haven't totally lost faith in Coldplay but they should stop trying to sound like mainstream music and try to do something different.

what counts as "something different"? should Coldplay try to go hipster? or maybe Jonny had the right idea with the jazz. :P

i think with MX they may have adapted a more "mainstream" style, but still managed to make it their own, as they've done with every other style they've played.

just because they did a duet with Rihanna does not inherently mean they were trying to appeal to teens... just like that their music back then might not have appealed to that general demographic does not mean they didn't want it to. :P

Nah course not. Why not duet with another female artist that is up and coming or better still unknown? They knew what they were doing.

what counts as "something different"? should Coldplay try to go hipster? or maybe Jonny had the right idea with the jazz. :P

i think with MX they may have adapted a more "mainstream" style, but still managed to make it their own, as they've done with every other style they've played.

Something that sounds out of place in the charts for a start.

Nah course not. Why not duet with another female artist that is up and coming or better still unknown? They knew what they were doing.

Princess of China is just one song. That and Paradise are really the most popish songs on there. The rest of the songs are great! And if you want slower songs like their older ones, there is still U.F.O., Up in Flames, and Us Against the World, which are all beautiful songs. the rest are upbeat and happy, which I like. The only bad one was Princess of China (in my opinion) so if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Just enjoy the rest of the track. They have defiantly taken a new step, but I do like it. As long as they don't do any song like PoC ever again. Don't loose hope in them; they are making a new album that will most likely be amazing.

Hipster alert?

They had an idea of what Rihanna's voice sounded like and wanted this specific sound in a song. This is something simple. I don't know why so much fuss is created around it.

Hipster alert?

They had an idea of what Rihanna's voice sounded like and wanted this specific sound in a song. This is something simple. I don't know why so much fuss is created around it.

Of course they knew what Rihanna's voice sounds like, they probably had access to the software her record company uses for her ;)

Princess of China is just one song. That and Paradise are really the most popish songs on there. The rest of the songs are great! And if you want slower songs like their older ones, there is still U.F.O., Up in Flames, and Us Against the World, which are all beautiful songs. the rest are upbeat and happy, which I like. The only bad one was Princess of China (in my opinion) so if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Just enjoy the rest of the track. They have defiantly taken a new step, but I do like it. As long as they don't do any song like PoC ever again. Don't loose hope in them; they are making a new album that will most likely be amazing.

To be honest I prefer Paradise, POA to UFO and Us. ETIAWF is the song I skip. MTM is my favourite of this era.

Something that sounds out of place in the charts for a start.

there's a video here somewhere...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-aMdvcsLew]Secrets of Viva la Vida - Coldplay Exclusive - YouTube[/ame]

ok, so Coldplay have always been inspired by/"trying to rip off" various artists who were, you know, mainstream and "in the charts." they've been compared to Radiohead and Oasis and U2 since they started.

i mean, if you don't like Coldplay's new stuff, then you don't like it. that's fine. but as someone else said here before, in order to be considered a sellout you have to not have been commercially successful at the start of your career. just because what's mainstream now is different from what was mainstream when Coldplay first started doesn't mean they've suddenly changed and are only after a quick way to gain more fans. maybe they do try to have as much appeal to the masses as possible, but they put a lot of effort into all of their work and wouldn't take the easy way out. Coldplay have always been like this in my eyes.

there's a video here somewhere...

ok, so Coldplay have always been inspired by/"trying to rip off" various artists who were, you know, mainstream and "in the charts." they've been compared to Radiohead and Oasis and U2 since they started.

i mean, if you don't like Coldplay's new stuff, then you don't like it. that's fine. but as someone else said here before, in order to be considered a sellout you have to not have been commercially successful at the start of your career. just because what's mainstream now is different from what was mainstream when Coldplay first started doesn't mean they've suddenly changed and are only after a quick way to gain more fans. maybe they do try to have as much appeal to the masses as possible, but they put a lot of effort into all of their work and wouldn't take the easy way out. Coldplay have always been like this in my eyes.

Even defending them you still consider this.

Those examples are not the same as what Chris did.

With friends like JayZ and Beyonce whilst being married to a hollywood actress you unlikely to be down to earth lol

It's exactly the same. He usually improvises to acknowledge people or situations. You look down on 1 Direction, he doesn't. He respects all artists, especially those who show interest in Coldplaly music.

As Chris has said many times now, they're not trying to cater to anyone. The music they make must sound exciting to them, that's the goal. They are aware they'll lose some old fans, but also gain new ones. And they've accepted that reality.

It's exactly the same. He usually improvises to acknowledge people or situations. You look down on 1 Direction, he doesn't. He respects all artists, especially those who show interest in Coldplaly music.

It's not the same at all.

One Direction are not artists. They are corporate puppets - look closely you can even see the strings.

As Chris has said many times now, they're not trying to cater to anyone. The music they make must sound exciting to them, that's the goal. They are aware they'll lose some old fans, but also gain new ones. And they've accepted that reality.

Oh yeh that also happens to sound like the charts and doing a duet with one of the biggest corporate puppets there is......they are trying to hard to sound current. Chris lives in a bubble and sometimes he appears to have lost sense of reality judging by some of his silly comments of late.