✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay/Keane/Muse trends.

rafaelchampion

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, but i think that Keane¡s step back was in perfect symmetry, it was a extremly and a drastic change. I love Coldplay a lot but Keane is always there for me, its like I'm 70% Coldplay and 25% Keane the other 5% is for Snow patrol and The Black Keys.

And I think too that paradise is never going to be like Clocks, in my place, Yellow, VLV.

I dont like Radiohead so i don't nothing to say about them, and Travis is a good band but they got frozen since Why does it always rain on me?.

And btw im going to see Keane live in exactly one week, 30 of August in Mexico City. Cant wait !!!!

I agree with you, but i think that Keane¡s step back was in perfect symmetry, it was a extremly and a drastic change. I love Coldplay a lot but Keane is always there for me, its like I'm 70% Coldplay and 25% Keane the other 5% is for Snow patrol and The Black Keys.

And I think too that paradise is never going to be like Clocks, in my place, Yellow, VLV.

I dont like Radiohead so i don't nothing to say about them, and Travis is a good band but they got frozen since Why does it always rain on me?.

And btw im going to see Keane live in exactly one week, 30 of August in Mexico City. Cant wait !!!!

I actually like most of Perfect Symmetry, but I really can't stand that monkey one...what's it called? ...oh, Pretend That You're Alone. :P But I really like Spirraling, Better Than This, Again and Again, and You haven't told me anything. Nothing beats Somewhere Only We Know though.

Oh, you're going to see Keane?!? That's great! Have you ever seen the live before? They're amazing! They're not as...showy as Coldplay...it's mostly just the band, their instruments, and some lights, but you definitely won't get bored. Tom Chaplin can be really entertaining on the more up-beat songs, and so can Tim Rice-Oxley! Actually, I find them all entertaining to watch! And like I said in previous posts, Tom has an amazing voice! Even my dad said so!

Sorry I'm going on and on, I just really like Keane...

@rafaelchampion

Fair enough. I stand corrected. It's just that I won't accept (can't believe I wrote EXCEPT) it in the sense that I personally could never have my mind changed on this and find it really hard to understand , honestly that Madness is a good song by Muse standards. So I tend to go extreme.

I wasn't just talking about Radiohead...I was just...AH! Never mind...:confused:

Huh? I'm not sure you get what I was saying about Tom's voice...He has an amost flawless voice, it has nothing to do with Keane songs....:(

I meant that Keane's songs are hard to sing cause of Tom's amazing range.

@rafaelchampion

Fair enough. I stand corrected. It's just that I won't accept (can't believe I wrote EXCEPT) it in the sense that I personally could never have my mind changed on this and find it really hard to understand , honestly that Madness is a good song by Muse standards. So I tend to go extreme.

I meant that Keane's songs are hard to sing cause of Tom's amazing range.

Oh...haha, okay. :D

Madness is a terrible song and not something I want from muse, pop songs about love are something I'd wish they'd stay away from. I was alright with undisclosed desires, guiding light and I belong to You because the music and lyrics fit pretty well and the lyrics weren't blunt and cliche like madness. I'm not trying to limit muse here but they should stick to there usual subject matter and only deviate when necessary. I don't go to subway to get a Big Mac just like I don't listen to Muse to get cheap, radio friendly pop songs about love.

I forced myself to like paradise when it came out I'm not going to the same with madness. The only people who thinks this is a good direction for Muse are the people who like mind-numbing, soulless, bland music that gets played on the radio. Mylo Xyolto was pretty cool but I don't need muse doing the same thing. I was ok with the dubstep but this pop garbage needs to stop. Come up with something original for a change, or end up bland and boring like Keane.

There, thats my pointless rant on Muse's "new" direction. It seems all the bands I listen to seem to be getting softer with age. I know when you get famous and liked the lyrics and music reflect a happier, fun time for the band but at the same time the music loses its power.

^ Seriously? Keane are not bland and boring...:veryangry2: it's your opinion that they are. Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley is a brilliant song writer. There are a few songs from their new album I don't find that creative...and a few from perfect Symmetry I don't listen to, but I believe Keane still has yet to make their most amazing album ever.

It bugs me how much bands and artist are criticised! Everyone has different music tastes so if they go this direction these fans aren't happy, if they go the other direction those fans aren't happy. If I go into a restaurant and I find some things on the menu I don't like it doesn't make it a bad restaurant. And even bands and artists I don't like, they are people who have feelings and emotions. Just because someone's famous you can talk about them like they're nothing. Come on poeple! But that doesn't mean I have to be happy that there song just came on the radio. If you were to become famous and you cared about people thought of you, you could get seriously depressed. Everyone's different opinions, people criticising every little detail. How you look, how you dress, how you act, what you eat...I would not want to be a celebrity.

Sorry, my rant got a little off topic...haha! :\

Madness is a terrible song and not something I want from muse, pop songs about love are something I'd wish they'd stay away from. I was alright with undisclosed desires, guiding light and I belong to You because the music and lyrics fit pretty well and the lyrics weren't blunt and cliche like madness. I'm not trying to limit muse here but they should stick to there usual subject matter and only deviate when necessary. I don't go to subway to get a Big Mac just like I don't listen to Muse to get cheap, radio friendly pop songs about love.

I forced myself to like paradise when it came out I'm not going to the same with madness. The only people who thinks this is a good direction for Muse are the people who like mind-numbing, soulless, bland music that gets played on the radio. Mylo Xyolto was pretty cool but I don't need muse doing the same thing. I was ok with the dubstep but this pop garbage needs to stop. Come up with something original for a change, or end up bland and boring like Keane.

There, thats my pointless rant on Muse's "new" direction. It seems all the bands I listen to seem to be getting softer with age. I know when you get famous and liked the lyrics and music reflect a happier, fun time for the band but at the same time the music loses its power.

this so much... (except for the Keane part)

^ Strangeland got to number one, King of Limbs only 7, Lotus Flower charted at 165, Silenced by The Night at 45, I don't really know the size of the places Radiohead is playing lately but it seems to me, here in Brazil far away from the UK, that Keane gets a lot more atention than Radiohead, I can hear Keane's latest singles quite often on the alternative radios, while what comes up from Radiohead is usually things from 10 years ago. But I could be wrong....

Rolling Stones in going to tour again :awesome:!

Basing who's bigger on exposure in popular media is wrong imo.

Yeah, but they do that every two or so years, so :shrug:

you're right. out of the three though i think coldplay will come out triumphant in the next few others more so than the other two.

and i just cant get strangeland. and they released like 3 or 4 singles in a month or something i cant keep up!

Madness > Mylo Xyloto.

Well to be fair, that's not hard. Car alarms going off in the middle of the night sound better than Mylo Xyloto.

I'd actually argue that Keane went back to basics on Strangeland, even if it was nowhere as good as their first two albums. Perfect Symmetry was the divisive new (terrible) direction, and Strangeland went back to the more basic sound.

I actually like most of Perfect Symmetry, but I really can't stand that monkey one...what's it called? ...oh, Pretend That You're Alone. :P But I really like Spirraling, Better Than This, Again and Again, and You haven't told me anything. Nothing beats Somewhere Only We Know though.

Oh, you're going to see Keane?!? That's great! Have you ever seen the live before? They're amazing! They're not as...showy as Coldplay...it's mostly just the band, their instruments, and some lights, but you definitely won't get bored. Tom Chaplin can be really entertaining on the more up-beat songs, and so can Tim Rice-Oxley! Actually, I find them all entertaining to watch! And like I said in previous posts, Tom has an amazing voice! Even my dad said so!

Sorry I'm going on and on, I just really like Keane...

Hahahaha thanks, and pretend that youre alone its one of my fav song from them, I cant wait 5 more days !!! If they sing Nothing In My Way im sure im going to cry hahahaha and i got 1st row seats !!!!!! MORE AWESOME !:cool::cool:!!!

^ Seriously? Keane are not bland and boring...:veryangry2: it's your opinion that they are. Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley is a brilliant song writer. There are a few songs from their new album I don't find that creative...and a few from perfect Symmetry I don't listen to, but I believe Keane still has yet to make their most amazing album ever.

It bugs me how much bands and artist are criticised! Everyone has different music tastes so if they go this direction these fans aren't happy, if they go the other direction those fans aren't happy. If I go into a restaurant and I find some things on the menu I don't like it doesn't make it a bad restaurant. And even bands and artists I don't like, they are people who have feelings and emotions. Just because someone's famous you can talk about them like they're nothing. Come on poeple! But that doesn't mean I have to be happy that there song just came on the radio. If you were to become famous and you cared about people thought of you, you could get seriously depressed. Everyone's different opinions, people criticising every little detail. How you look, how you dress, how you act, what you eat...I would not want to be a celebrity.

Sorry, my rant got a little off topic...haha! :\

Sorry if I insulted Keane, they just don't do anything for me even though I've tried many times to like them. As far as muse going in the direction would disappoint the other fans is untrue because those fans are the wayward fans that only know supermassive black hole, NSC and uprising. Those fans don't deserve to be satisfied in my opinion. The people who have been muse fans for years and bought all lot of stuff deserve better than madness and poppy direction. I'm not saying muse should write for their specific fanbase they should just write music for themselves kind of like radiohead does. Where it just feels natural and not force. I don't know it just seems Matt has run out of lyrics.

Sorry for all the muse talk on a coldplay forum, I know some coldplay fans dislike muse but with this new single it seems that not that far apart genre wise.

Sorry if I insulted Keane, they just don't do anything for me even though I've tried many times to like them. As far as muse going in the direction would disappoint the other fans is untrue because those fans are the wayward fans that only know supermassive black hole, NSC and uprising. Those fans don't deserve to be satisfied in my opinion. The people who have been muse fans for years and bought all lot of stuff deserve better than madness and poppy direction. I'm not saying muse should write for their specific fanbase they should just write music for themselves kind of like radiohead does. Where it just feels natural and not force. I don't know it just seems Matt has run out of lyrics.

Sorry for all the muse talk on a coldplay forum, I know some coldplay fans dislike muse but with this new single it seems that not that far apart genre wise.

And this is why Radiohead deserves my utmost respect.

OH and while I am not a huge fan of Mylo Xyloto, Madness is not better than it. Madness is even worse than Every Teardrop and Paradise.

^I actually think The King of Limbs was pretty controversial and thus, their equivalent of MX

I'd say Coldplay's "controversial" albums (which I guess means divisive among fans in this case) go all the way back to X&Y.

I was lukewarm on TKoL but I'm not anywhere close to abandoning Radiohead's ship after it. If they write an MX, then I'll jump ship. ;)

King of limbs and MX are not even comparable. I like MX but I don't these two albums are close to each other in any aspect.

In the way they divided the fanbases. Plus, both made use of drum machines and other stuff like that. Things that aren't usually used on Rock songs (though both bands have been pushing boundries for their whole careers). They have completely different sounds but radiohead fans are saying "They're getting too electronic. Go back to The Bends era" and Coldplay fans are saying "They're getting too poppy. Go back to A Rush of Blood To The Head era".

:shrug:

I'd say Coldplay's "controversial" albums (which I guess means divisive among fans in this case) go all the way back to X&Y.

I was lukewarm on TKoL but I'm not anywhere close to abandoning Radiohead's ship after it. If they write an MX, then I'll jump ship. ;)

so question are you not a Coldplay fan anymore because of MX or you just like them less than before?

Considering how critically acclaimed the 5 consecutive albums before TKoL were, it's not really panic time in Radiohead world. But Coldplay's been increasingly divisive for several albums now.

Both bands have massive enough fandoms that they will never be in danger of losing popularity for the rest of their careers, but you get what I mean.

so question are you not a Coldplay fan anymore because of MX or you just like them less than before?

I'm not really one anymore. Not just because of MX, since I felt they were on a sharp decline with Viva. But MX was my tipping point.