✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay/Keane/Muse trends.

rafaelchampion

Muse released their new single some days ago. I was never a big fan of their music, I like one or two, but I just loved Madness. It's very modern and deep. I don't know if I can say this, first because I do now follow their career and second because they already have some "poppy" (it's under "" guys) songs like Undisclosed Desires, but, it looks like their new album, The 2nd Law can be Muse's Mylo Xyloto.

Yeah I made this point some weeks ago on release of Survival and Madness solidified this opinion.

But I'm definitely not saying it is a good thing. Slippery slope down.

And I would say with Keane, their equivalent of MX/T2L is Perfect Symmetry and Strangeland is a return to form.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Wait until you've seen a Muse live gig. Nothing compares, not even a Coldplay show. ;)

Seriously? I saw Muse live in 2010, a year after I saw Coldplay, and in my opinion the Muse show was highly ordinary. At least compared to Coldplay. I was a huge fan of both bands, actually liked Muse better, but those concerts changed it all, and I've barely listened to Muse since. I don't know if it was just my show, but it was boring. I felt like I stood on the outside watching someone play some songs. That was the general feel of the crowd, as well, I think. So, sorry, but Coldplay is/was ten million times better in my opinion.

^Your show had to be boring.

Muse don't interact well with the crowd, it is true, so if your judgement is on looks + band banter then Muse aren't going to be the cup-of-tea. But the sheer spectacle of the show is far, far superior to anything and everything else I have seen.

I saw both Muse and Coldplay at Wembley Stadium within a year of each other and Muse were better. And even since I've seen Coldplay twice more on the MX tour... I still find Muse better.

I'll go a bit off but, I love this version of Somewhere only we know

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-kzAZEx034]Somewhere Only We Know - YouTube[/ame]

It seems played live and it did play on radio here in Brazil some years ago, so I'd expect it to be in some album. Do someone know in which album it is?

I saw Muse two times and the second time (Rock Werchter 2010, almost front row) was absolutely the best concert I've ever seen. The energy the band had and gave to the audience was amazing. The whole thing was just right. Let me correct myself, the whole thing was epic.

I'm not gonna read this whole thread but did someone seriously say Coldplay invented crowd shots? :laugh3:

Seriously, crowd photos being posted by bands online has been around since at least the beginning of Myspace and probably way earlier.

And yeah, Muse live beats the crap out of Coldplay live. Lots of bands are better live than Coldplay. Coldplay is good live, but not mindblowing. (And no, I haven't seen them this tour, which I've heard is more about flashy screens than anything else.)

Yeah I made this point some weeks ago on release of Survival and Madness solidified this opinion.

But I'm definitely not saying it is a good thing. Slippery slope down.

And I would say with Keane, their equivalent of MX/T2L is Perfect Symmetry and Strangeland is a return to form.

THIS.

Another thing: I think that the videos of Charlie Brown, Silenced By The Night and Madness are similar in some aspects

The first thing I thought when I watched the Silenced By the Night video was "This might not be a colourful, party kind of video like Charlie Brown, but it is very similar." I'm glad other people caught the similarities as well. :)

• 1 month later...

who copies who

Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto colorful theme is reminiscent of Keane's Perfect Symmetry colors. Check out Keane in 2008/2009 on their Perfect Symmetry tour, the style is the same down to the sneakers, Coldplay copied Keane!

Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto colorful theme is reminiscent of Keane's Perfect Symmetry colors. Check out Keane in 2008/2009 on their Perfect Symmetry tour, the style is the same down to the sneakers, Coldplay copied Keane!

So if bands wear some shirts and sneakers with the same colours as other bands they're copying?:laugh3: And btw I don't see many similarities.

For me, the trend for each of the albums is it is the bands' worst I'm afraid. :| That's not to say they're bad. I'd say MX>>>>2nd Law>>Strangeland. I don't know why but every Keane album I like less than the last. I struggled to find songs I didn't love on Hopes and Fears while Black Rain is the only one I like from Strangeland.

don't get me wrong I love coldplay too, but keane didn't copy them :)

I don't think either band copied each other. I like both bands and both bands like each other. :) But you know, if one of the songs on MX had a "WOOO!" like on 'Spiraling' I would have thought Coldplay copied them.

I don't think either band copied each other. I like both bands and both bands like each other. :) But you know, if one of the songs on MX had a "WOOO!" like on 'Spiraling' I would have thought Coldplay copied them.

...but luckily none of the songs did :P