✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm writing an autobiography (and/or memoirs).

Texas Rez

Possible or not, I'm writing one. Of all the things that I've been through in my life, I can't just let these stories simply go untold, so now, I've committed myself to write an autobiography. Right now, I am outlining every topic I feel needs to be covered.

Details upon publication will be revealed later.

If you're interested in reading it, do let me know, because I am committed to doing this!

Thank you everyone! :P

I'd like to read it, as long as your not one of those people who feels sorry for them self.

If you have a good story that is worthy of being shared I'd like to read it :)

If I were to tell a truthful story, I won't feel the slightest bit sorry for myself. :|

I'd like to read it, as long as your not one of those people who feels sorry for them self.

If you have a good story that is worthy of being shared I'd like to read it :)

Yeah people with problems and horrible pasts all just feel sorry for themselves and their stories should just be wiped from history.

Ridiculous, please shut up. :)

I'm over-exaggerating for sarcastic effect, but that's not far off what she's saying. Only being interested in a happy-go-lucky life story is just puzzling, and it's like anyone with a horrible or tragic life story she'd pick up the book and go "Oh look at them feeling sorry for themself" and throw it away.

I don't remotely understand it.

I'd like to read it! :)

I wrote it for applying college before. That's fake. Pretend you're very enthusiastic to something. After interviewing, you just abandon it. :|

^I know it's different from yours. :P

Just go for it. GO!! 加油吧~ :nice:

I'm over-exaggerating for sarcastic effect, but that's not far off what she's saying. Only being interested in a happy-go-lucky life story is just puzzling, and it's like anyone with a horrible or tragic life story she'd pick up the book and go "Oh look at them feeling sorry for themself" and throw it away.

I don't remotely understand it.

Somebody like Anne Frank didn't feel sorry for herself though.

It would've been a worse read if she had have.

See where I'm coming from?

I also don't understand how not wanting to read stories of people that feel sorry for themselves means that one is only interested in a happy-go-lucky life story.

A sad story or even a horrible or tragic life story does not mean that the person who wrote it feels sorry for him/herself. I think Molly didn't mean it like that. She just doesn't want to read the narrator whining on about how a victim he/she is. Much like mrk just said.

Also, I agree :nod:

Lory-fying your book won't do it any good imo. Just let the reader decide if they should feel sorry for you or not.

Btw, Schredder2 how old are you?

17 and writing an autobiography???

Why not put your thoughts and stories down as memoirs instead? The idea of a teenager's autobiography is not a popular one, maybe try and be subversive with your form...?

I also don't understand how not wanting to read stories of people that feel sorry for themselves means that one is only interested in a happy-go-lucky life story.

A sad story or even a horrible or tragic life story does not mean that the person who wrote it feels sorry for him/herself. I think Molly didn't mean it like that. She just doesn't want to read the narrator whining on about how a victim he/she is. Much like mrk just said.

Also, I agree :nod:

Lory-fying your book won't do it any good imo. Just let the reader decide if they should feel sorry for you or not.

Lory- fying? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, maybe I got it wrong then.

You actually mean that the writer should write the book with the readers in mind, rather than just write it off the chest because said person feels sorry for themselves?

Now I am also confused :|

I don't think age should be a problem Schredder2 :thumbsup: I only wonder if it won't interfere too much with other stuff in life that you encounter at that age (though this probably goes for any age).

What are you expecting from the people that are going to read it?

Well, if he's got big plans with this autobiography, he sure must put something interesting in it, not saying making up stuff, but y'know. . . I actually think Mark's proposal is the best solution. At least a temporary one, just to sort some things out and see if they fitted well with the concept of an autobiography or you'd prefer them in form of memoirs. I kind of feel autobiographies are more about facts about one's life and experiences whereas memoirs are much more personal, so the latter would be more appropriate in terms of getting things off your chest.

What I actually meant was that if you've had interesting stuff happen and something people would enjoy and/or like to read then go for it but I just don't like it when people do these kind of things feeling sorry for themselves.

:|:|:|:|:|

Don't worry, I think I know what you mean.

No one likes the kind of misery memoirs that you see on the shelf called "Daddy, Please Don't", about how the author has had a terrible upbringing. Same goes for Twilight, all she ever does is moan. They're not fun to read, and hey, it's nothing against whoever's had a bad start to life, but there are better ways of channelling your demons. Writing something entertaining, gripping and exciting is possible, no matter the subject. As I mentioned earlier, Anne Frank's diary is a perfect example of a brilliant book of bleakness.

Let's lay off Molly now? She's entitled to her opinions.

Don't worry, I think I know what you mean.

No one likes the kind of misery memoirs that you see on the shelf called "Daddy, Please Don't", about how the author has had a terrible upbringing. Same goes for Twilight, all she ever does is moan. They're not fun to read, and hey, it's nothing against whoever's had a bad start to life, but there are better ways of channelling your demons. Writing something entertaining, gripping and exciting is possible, no matter the subject. As I mentioned earlier, Anne Frank's diary is a perfect example of a brilliant book of bleakness.

Let's lay off Molly now? She's entitled to her opinions.

Thank-you!!!! :hug:

That's all I meant

And it is my opinion

Somebody like Anne Frank didn't feel sorry for herself though.

It would've been a worse read if she had have.

See where I'm coming from?

Yes I see what you're saying, that in most cases there are always positive things to learn about yourself and understanding of life, even when subjected to the worst treatments. I got the impression from Molly she only likes positive stories, and from her reply since my impression hasn't changed.

But I still don't agree with you, I don't see how Elisabeth Fritzl could sugar coat her life for the benefit of the reader.

You actually mean that the writer should write the book with the readers in mind, rather than just write it off the chest because said person feels sorry for themselves?

Exactly, I think an interesting aspect to autobiographies is that you get inside the head of the person writing it and exactly how they feel, whether you despise or admire them. If they have a good narrative then all the better, but that comes 2nd, the point is that it isn't fiction.

^ His profile says 17 :uhoh:

Yeah, I'm 17. :P

Oh wait, maybe I got it wrong then.

Now I am also confused :|

I don't think age should be a problem Schredder2 :thumbsup: I only wonder if it won't interfere too much with other stuff in life that you encounter at that age (though this probably goes for any age).

What are you expecting from the people that are going to read it?

I really don't take age into consideration much whenever I write something.

The only expectations I'd like to have from the readers is to appreciate the things you have in life, despite of all the good/bad things that have happened to you. That's really one of the only motives of me writing this. I've been through enough to know that taking the easy way out of life isn't the smartest way, which is why you'll have to live with the problems you have and make the most out of it, and hopefully, be more appreciative of it.

Hey this is cool! Is Coldplay going to be included somewhere?

/noneedtoanswerthat

Why would I NOT talk about my first Coldplay concert?

I'd like to read it! :)

I wrote it for applying college before. That's fake. Pretend you're very enthusiastic to something. After interviewing, you just abandon it. :|

^I know it's different from yours. :P

Just go for it. GO!! 加油吧~ :nice:

I'd never write something that's fake, unless it's a fictional story that isn't about me. :P

And thanks, I'm going for it!

Well, if he's got big plans with this autobiography, he sure must put something interesting in it, not saying making up stuff, but y'know. . . I actually think Mark's proposal is the best solution. At least a temporary one, just to sort some things out and see if they fitted well with the concept of an autobiography or you'd prefer them in form of memoirs. I kind of feel autobiographies are more about facts about one's life and experiences whereas memoirs are much more personal, so the latter would be more appropriate in terms of getting things off your chest.

I've actually considered writing in the form of memoirs, and I'm still considering if I should even put in the form of an autobiography or not... Yeah, this thread may need to be renamed to "I'm writing an autobiography/memoirs", because as of now, this is just in the outlining stage.

Memoirs would make more sense than an autobiography right now. I'll have to thank Mark for bringing that up!