✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Obama or Romney?

R's Symphony

Guest howyousawtheworld
yes, yes I do.

Especially after how Obama handeled Libya.

Am I missing something here? Is it the NATO intervention back in March 2011 that people are using against Obama or is it the terrorist attack on the US consulate back in September in Benghazi?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys realize how ignorant you're being? You're literally getting on me for not agreeing with you. I think it's great that you're voting for Obama, I think it's great that you're voting at all. But you shouldn't get on somebody for not agreeing with you. :/

Do you guys realize how ignorant you're being? You're literally getting on me for not agreeing with you. I think it's great that you're voting for Obama, I think it's great that you're voting at all. But you shouldn't get on somebody for not agreeing with you. :/

No, not really. I tried something constructive but instead of analyzing it and rebuking you just said I'm ignorant.

I was specifically referring to this comment: "Then don't vote at all, but not this Romney fool"

Which is pretty ignorant. And then Brent, you told me I wasn't voting for Mitt, I was voting against Barack. Well that's just not true, as I said "especially after how obama handeled libya" not "solely for how he handeled Libya", and then you said my logic was flawed. I don't think I was very loud at all, but if that's how you took it there's nothing I can do about that /:

The problem with Romney is that it's hard to say anything good about him, except his reform of the Massachusetts health care system, which is what Obamacare is based off of. That was his big accomplishment as governor.

Other than that, there's no pro-Romney argument Conservatives can make other than he's Obama's antithesis. And you've proven that.

"especially after how obama handeled libya" not "solely for how he handeled Libya"

Okay then tell us other things.

You haven't yet. You can't present a pro-Romney argument and not give us any evidence.

Isn't that exactly what Romney himself is doing? As in his tax plan cutting $5 trillion dollars.

Oh I love this site- http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

Yeah, I know, I know, but I want to hear this kid say it.

Romney is a successful businessman, very smart. I don't think he's an idiot.

Barack Obama would be more successful at what they're trying to do, assuming Congress cooperates.

Obama's supporters keep repeating the lamest excuses ever to defend him. "HE'S BETTER THAN BUSH!" Okay, so if you're a kid in school and you get a 45% on a test, does your mommy buy you ice cream just because the kid next to you got a 40%? No, because you still FAILED the test. "HE'S TRYING HIS BEST!" Yes, I'm sure every president ever has tried their best. But "trying" isn't "doing", because ANYONE can "try". My mailman can "try" to president. That doesn't mean he'd be competent. Just like how if you're a kid who "tries" on a test and still gets a 45%, that kid still fails. "THE PROBLEMS WERE CREATED BEFORE HIM!" That was a cool excuse after 4 months. It's been 4 years now. And what did he do those 2 years where his party had total control and he could do whatever he wanted? Wasted time writing a health care bill that his own party didn't like and passed just so they could say they actually passed something. So please shut up.

I already voted 3rd party (thank you, absentee balloting!) since I'm not a fan of Romney either, but I really hate this misconception in the media that if you're rich and you're not a Hollywood bigshot, then you by default stole that money and are "out of touch" with the working class. That's BS. If you're successful in your business, you should be rewarded. That's also why I think raising taxes is ridiculous when the upper class already pays the majority of taxes. Romney is, of course an even more frequent flip-flopper than that stupid clown Kerry in 2004, his Massachusetts counterpart, so no one knows what he really believes.

Oh yeah, the big issue right now is the economy. Not whatever social issue you have shoved up your ass. Whether Billy gets to marry Bobby or Sally isn't going to get you a job. Also, you're not Billy, so you have no business determining who Billy gets to marry.

Guest howyousawtheworld

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9580281/US-Election-live-poll-the-race-for-the-White-House.html

Decent graphic by The Daily Telegraph for this years elections. Provides the latest opinion polling, crucial to those swing states which are marked yellow in the map above. From the opinion poll Ohio is still leaning ever so slightly towards Obama (no Republican has ever been elected President without winning Ohio) but Florida and it's 29 electoral college votes is still leaning towards Romney.

IF we were to take the winners of each swing state from the most recent opinion polls and allocated the states to the definite and leaning states for each candidate then the result would stand at:

Obama - 290 electoral college votes

Romney - 248 electoral college votes

Obama would get re-elected surpass the winning post of 270 by just 20 college votes, well down on the 365 he gained to capture the White House in 2008.

But clearly as we know from swing states they are just that because the margin of error in the polls could swing it either way.

What is certain though is that EVERY electoral college counts!

Both Obama and Romney are corrupt, people who support Obama are usually trendys that have no clue whats going on or people that buy into mass media! =) Romney well.. he is a lost cause and i have no clue how he beat Ron Paul (actually i do Mass Media working its magic again ) mass media kinda controls everything. Other is the best option a 3rd party candidate would make a better president than both.. support someone like johnson (and support Wikileaks) !

Aaaahhhh I'll be glad when this is over tomorrow. I noticed this morning there are brand new last-minute commercials airing on TV. Full of accusations with no basis in order to get votes; and the opponents don't have time to rebut/disqualify the claims.

Some polls have Obama and Romney tied as of yesterday, so tomorrow night will definitely be ineresting.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Is the race really as close as the media makes it out to be? Vast majority of polls in the swing states point towards Obama. But of course Obama's lot won't want it's supporters to think it's already won so won't bother voting and nor will Romney's lot want to make it look like a lost cause as some bloggers are commenting. That is unless the polls are biased towards Obama. I think Obama should have enough to win between 290 and 303 tomorrow with Virginia swinging it either way. That said lining up Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Jay Z and Lady Gaga makes it look like Obama's trying too hard.

Anyone else think Mitt Romney comes across as a smarmy git in his 'performances'?

Forwardly and unknowingly exuding lightly overbearing and somewhat slimy behavior. One who would stab you in the back if he or she could get away with it. One who would sell their own mother's soul for benefit and/or attention. A subtle scumbag, sleezball, wretch, or creepshow. Similar to slimey, but with an air of innocence and similar to kiss-ass, but with out the obviousness. Typically, a male, who gives brief but strong focussed attention to a number of females, often in the work-place, that is drippingly sweet, but carries the occasional lame sexual innuendo that is immediately retracted by a childlike expression. A man, usually a co-worker, or person in contact with large group of female potentials, with puppy-dog eyes, offering an insincere concern and easy compliments, who has (not-so-)hidden agenda accompanyiing his actions and conversation. Easy to discern for the experienced or for those who trust their intuition.
or would that be too harsh?

AMEN.
100% of the commercials on local TV are political now, and have been for at least the past week. One commercial is "vote yes on this proposal," and the very next commercial is "vote no on that same proposal." Argh.

And for those people not in the U.S. who aren't aware of what all is entailed with election day, it's not just the President that we'll be voting on tomorrow. There's oodles of other stuff; this is going to take awhile. For example, this is what Detroiters will see on the ballot tomorrow: http://primary.publius.org/ballot/ballot.asp?RegionId=6686&ID=&Person=

I'll be heading to the polls after work. I wonder how long I'll be in line.

I wish you all a good election day.

And I do hope that OBAMA remains in office.

I am interested in international politics, and I am a bit worried about Mitt Romney's utterings in this area.

He said that he wanted a more active USA in Syria - but in that case how would China and Russia act?

I also fear how China and Russia will react in response to Israel bombing the Iranian nuclear plants. The USA will probably end up expressing some kind of support.

But of course, Mitt Romney has said all kind of things during the past 10 years - so he might change his mind again and again - and of course there is often difference between what you say during an election campaign and how you act when elected. I hope that this is also the case here.

But I hope for another term for US President OBAMA. :fingers crossed: :thumbsup: