✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Obama or Romney?

R's Symphony

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this poll won't be very fair because the majority of non-Americans will probably choose Obama. (At least, the majority of non-Americans that I know of would prefer Obama, including myself)

Now I don't know anything about politics or economy, so I don't really know (or care much) what Romney has to offer America but if I had to choose I would pick Obama.

Out of interest, are there any non-Americans who would rather have Romney? And why?

Not supporting either candidate (or rather, I wouldn't vote for either of them if I were a US citizen - used to like Obama, not so much anymore). Having said that, here's a video you should watch if you're thinking of voting for Obama in the coming weeks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skw-0jv9kts&feature=g-all-u]Obama Supporters Actually Hate Obama's Policies - YouTube[/ame]

Also worth noting that WeAreChange don't support Romney either, so this isn't just a stint coming from the Republican side.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I think this poll won't be very fair because the majority of non-Americans will probably choose Obama. (At least, the majority of non-Americans that I know of would prefer Obama, including myself)

Now I don't know anything about politics or economy, so I don't really know (or care much) what Romney has to offer America but if I had to choose I would pick Obama.

Out of interest, are there any non-Americans who would rather have Romney? And why?

Yeah. Pretty much everyone I know would vote Obama. But that's worth nothing because while they try painting Obama as a saint they do love to portray Romney as the next Adolf Hitler. It's not exactly mature or thought provoking. What annoys me is that a lot of the Obama love comes from the strong left undercurrent who spend 24/7 denouncing David Cameron as a right wing evil nut case not realising that Cameron and the Conservative leadership are mostly all to the left of Obama such is the solid right wing position of US politics.

I like Obama though. I think he's actually done really well on foreign policy, something everyone thought would be his weak point. His position with regards to the Arab spring was spot on. He did well leaving the leadership of the Libyan mission to the UK and France even though the US drone strikes were crucial in Libya. The way people bigged him up during the last election was always going to lead to a sense of anti climax but give him 4 more years and there's no reason he could leave office on the same wave of satisfaction as Bill Clinton did. He's probably got to show a bit more strength and decisive action particularly with regards to the economy if he wants a similar legacy.

France is basically pro-Obama :nod: (and it doesn't have anything to do with our current President, in 2008 Obama got VERY popular in France, while we had a President from the opposite party)

It's not up to us, but we would feel very relieved if Obama was reelected. :nod:

Obama :wacky:

Romney is a clown

My opinion as well :nod:

I think I am going to end up voting for Romney. But by saying that I think I just started a war against myself.

I mean, I think Obama is a cool person and has a very obvious likability factor in him, but I just don't think he's that great of a president.