✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[30-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

:D!!! I got my Tickets for the 30!!!! :)!!! on the Floor!!! (But not first rows... they were very expensive too due to an afterparty show)... But anyway I got my tickets :)!!! I'm so happy

Thanks to a friend from US, Christine Rogers which I met here in the forum :)!

What a best way for an awesome 2012 Year's End!!!!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! With a Citi Private Pass?

Anyone else got tickets today with the presale?

Yup! I felt so left out last time around when they did pre ordering with Amex! I just had to type in the first 6 numbers of my Citi Card. I went with the cheap seats $79ish bucks right behind the stage. Last time I saw them in D.C, my friend and I got upgraded to the front row. Not expecting anything like that this time around but It'll be awesome to be in the same room as Coldplay again! :D

Yup! I felt so left out last time around when they did pre ordering with Amex! I just had to type in the first 6 numbers of my Citi Card. I went with the cheap seats $79ish bucks right behind the stage. Last time I saw them in D.C, my friend and I got upgraded to the front row. Not expecting anything like that this time around but It'll be awesome to be in the same room as Coldplay again! :D

I went to both of their DC shows. Awesome times!!!!!!! I hope to be able to make it to the 30th in NYC as well.

I went to both of their DC shows. Awesome times!!!!!!! I hope to be able to make it to the 30th in NYC as well.

I did too! Two of the best nights of my life! I've never seen CP outside of D.C, so traveling to N.Y will be a different kind of experience. If you go, do you think you'll take a car, bus or train?

I did too! Two of the best nights of my life! I've never seen CP outside of D.C, so traveling to N.Y will be a different kind of experience. If you go, do you think you'll take a car, bus or train?

I was in DC too! I got 4 floor tickets in section 1 (but not the super crazy VIP ones, they were still $200 each though) and 4 for December 31st with Jay-Z in the upper level. I was already gonna be in NYC anyway with friends, and one of them has an apartment in Manhattan, so I would have a place to stay. I was gonna take a Bolt Bus up and back and MAYBE even rent a car to drive up to Connecticut for the other show. This is all costing me a fortune, most of which I don't have, but I really don't care because I live for Coldplay :)

By the way, for Bolt Bus, tickets go on sale 4-6 weeks before travel. Megabus, they might be on sale already, I'm not sure.

I see though that they reserved the first 3 rows on the floor once again for possible upgrades... because for the $750 VIP package, the best row was 6, and the Platinum seats only gave Row 4. I'm totally going all out for an upgrade :)

I'm definitely thinking we do a meetup of Coldplayers!

I was in DC too! I got 4 floor tickets in section 1 (but not the super crazy VIP ones, they were still $200 each though) and 4 for December 31st with Jay-Z in the upper level. I was already gonna be in NYC anyway with friends, and one of them has an apartment in Manhattan, so I would have a place to stay. I was gonna take a Bolt Bus up and back and MAYBE even rent a car to drive up to Connecticut for the other show. This is all costing me a fortune, most of which I don't have, but I really don't care because I live for Coldplay :)

By the way, for Bolt Bus, tickets go on sale 4-6 weeks before travel. Megabus, they might be on sale already, I'm not sure.

I see though that they reserved the first 3 rows on the floor once again for possible upgrades... because for the $750 VIP package, the best row was 6, and the Platinum seats only gave Row 4. I'm totally going all out for an upgrade :)

I'm definitely thinking we do a meetup of Coldplayers!

Nice to see so many D.C Coldplay concert goers also attending the NY concert!!!

Night one I was section 1 and night 2 I was section 3. This time around I on the lower level behind the stage (cheap seats) but hopefully I can still get upgraded :p

Thx for the bus info, I think it'll be between Bolt Bus and Mega Bus. Since hotels will probably cost an arm and a leg, I think my friends and I are considering taking a train home around 3am on the 31st back to D.C. We'll see though.

I'm totally down for a Coldplayer meetup! (even though I may miss out on a 31st meet up)

:D!!! I got my Tickets for the 30!!!! :)!!! on the Floor!!! (But not first rows... they were very expensive too due to an afterparty show)... But anyway I got my tickets :)!!! I'm so happy

Thanks to a friend from US, Christine Rogers which I met here in the forum :)!

What a best way for an awesome 2012 Year's End!!!!

Congrats!!!

This is fantastic news. I saved money to go to Mexico but this will work a heck of a lot better! If I secure tickets this weekend (to both NY shows, though I will go for the cheapest seats for the second show and the most expensive for the first) I will buy my plane flights for NY the same day. So happy! I wasn't able to see them earlier this year cause I really had no money.

any one here have 1st hand experience with seats right behind the stage? what is it like? is it worth it or better to just spend for the more expensive ones in front (or side) of the stage? does chris or any of the band members look at those sitting behind the stage at all?

any one here have 1st hand experience with seats right behind the stage? what is it like? is it worth it or better to just spend for the more expensive ones in front (or side) of the stage? does chris or any of the band members look at those sitting behind the stage at all?

I sat in the upper level behind the stage for about half the concert in DC back in July. It wasn't that bad, as long as that big round screen isn't directly in your way I think you're good. Chris does occasionally run around to the back end of the stage to face those in the rear seats. The good news is Coldplay has been known to give front row upgrades to die hard fans seated way back there ;)

I also sat behind the stage in the first DC show. It was the very first row, tho...and not directly behind the big round screen. It was amazing actually. You have the view that the band has. All of the band members ran in front of us...on like a platform they have set up. Chris came by more often than the others, of course. I would recommend it, Barclay center and Verizon are similar capacity so the view of the whole arena will be awesome!

When I went to their tour earlier this year I was sitting in the front, but I can tell you what I saw! So the people in the back have a pretty good view. Even though they're not facing you, you're still not that far from them. At certain parts of songs Chris, Jonny or Guy will make a walk around the back to show they haven't forgotten about you!

Can't say I'd settle for behind the stage tickets for my first concert but since I've seen them a few times I'm just happy to be in the building!

The only real issue with sitting behind the stage is you miss a LOT of the visual affects from the front.

I saw them in Philly in the summer behind the stage, 4th row.

The saving grace is that this is a Coldplay concert and you still feel very much a part of that community...I was just thankful I could get in the venue!

I'm making the road trip from Nashville for this show on the 30th. Me and six friends got tickets today through the internet presale behind the stage second level up. Not the best seats in the world, but that's alright, just glad to have tickets. I saw them in DC this summer and I was lower level behind the stage which was awesome. I will say, I REALLY hope they'll have xylobands at this show. Those of you who've gone know how truly incredible those are, so fingers crossed on that one for sure.

Just reserved the hotel room for my 4 friends making the trip up to Brooklyn with me. A total of over 800 dollars spent on hotel and tickets just to see Coldplay again! My friends BETTER pay me back lol.

i bet you can easily resell the tix (at a profit) if they don't pay up. :laugh3:

Just got my ticket in section 124! Was hesistant to buy tickets there, especially since the price ($200+) is the same as sitting in the floor, but I decided there's no guarantee I'd get floor seats on Saturday, so it's worth the risk. I could potentially sell the ticket if I get a better deal anyway.

Now to worry about the Dec. 31 show...

Any of you guys planning on making shirts for the concert? I want to go all out on my attire but I'm currently in the brainstorming stage lol.

Definitely reusing and adding to my shirt that got me upgraded last time. Also, I plan on throwing some DayGlow paint on myself in MX Graffiti fashion, and wearing a hat covered in butterfly confetti from previous shows.

Really? They're behind the stage tickets in sections 29, 1 and 3 though. Hopefully it won't come to that!

Section 29 isn't really behind the stage. barclayscenter.com/events-tickets/3d-seating-charts if you look there you'll see you are literally next to the stage on the side. Section 29 is probably the best of the behind the stage seats.

It's easier to see if you look at the 3d end stage rendering.

Section 29 isn't really behind the stage. barclayscenter.com/events-tickets/3d-seating-charts if you look there you'll see you are literally next to the stage on the side. Section 29 is probably the best of the behind the stage seats.

It's easier to see if you look at the 3d end stage rendering.

Good point. That 3D map is really cool btw!