✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[30-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you all heard but Coldplay plans on taking a 3 year break after these final few shows :( makes this concert that much more meaningful!

No, that's just the media misunderstanding something Chris said in Brisbane.

Where are you driving in from? May actually be more cheaper parking options on the far west side and then take the 2/3 from Penn Station (or 14th or Chambers). This advice is for the 30th - for the 31st I would advise staying far away from the west side above 34th St because it will be nuts with the ball drop.

4 from Grand Central is perfectly fine though and runs frequently. I can almost guarantee that there will be no subway construction that weekend due to the holiday crowds.

I'm driving in from exit 16 off the thruway, like the Newburgh/Woodbury/Harriman area. We'd probably go into the city on the Palisades parkway though.

I was thinking 4 train. I'm not really a city goer so the easier the better :) I'll definitely look into Penn station though. Either way we're taking a train. They're so cheap! Lol :P

I'm driving in from exit 16 off the thruway, like the Newburgh/Woodbury/Harriman area. We'd probably go into the city on the Palisades parkway though.

I was thinking 4 train. I'm not really a city goer so the easier the better :) I'll definitely look into Penn station though. Either way we're taking a train. They're so cheap! Lol :P

Is the metronorth not reliable as an option into the city? i know lirr goes until after midnight. If you dont find street parking, you will get killed by the garage rates.

Is the metronorth not reliable as an option into the city? i know lirr goes until after midnight. If you dont find street parking, you will get killed by the garage rates.

Street parking is our objective, yeah. A round trip ticket from our local train station to the city is pretty expensive. Driving is cheaper that way, especially if we manage to find street parking. So hopefully we can! :)

They'd get off cheaper springing for parking in the city with the cost of two or more Metro-North tix from Beacon.

Lower Manhattan could be a viable option as far as street parking on a Sunday night, then just take short ride on the 2/3 or the 4.

I would just park in a parking garage in Brooklyn to save the aggravation of finding street parking.

This website is excellent for parking info: http://nyc.bestparking.com/

There is some info for downtown brooklyn and it looks really cheap in comparison to manhattan. I read parking is hard to find at Barclays Center since there is limited space and a lot of people. You can also reserve parking here: http://www.barclaysparking.com/

Im staying in Manhattan but I dont know which one is the best way to get to Brooklyn either :(!!!

Whichever one of the 2, 3, 4, D, N, Q (or R if it's running to Brooklyn, which it likely won't be) is closest to where you are and arrives first, is the best way to go. ;)

Yeah, a round trip ticket from Beacon is something around $21 a person? Which is a bit too much for us to deal with. I mean, we already shelled out a pretty penny for the tickets. So we're trying to be frugal everywhere else ;)

Do the parking garages tend to be cheaper? I think my dad's just afraid of spending more money than he has to; isn't street parking normally cheap(er)?

Yeah, a round trip ticket from Beacon is something around $21 a person? Which is a bit too much for us to deal with. I mean, we already shelled out a pretty penny for the tickets. So we're trying to be frugal everywhere else ;)

Do the parking garages tend to be cheaper? I think my dad's just afraid of spending more money than he has to; isn't street parking normally cheap(er)?

Street parking is free (except when parking meters are involved, but chances are you wouldn't be able to do a meter anyway since you can't run out to put quarters in). If you look on that parking site you can park for around $14 if you don't mind walking 10 mins or so (those with shuttles are also quite walkable from the venue - it's not that far). The only problem I see is that none of them have the 30th or 31st listed right now, not sure if that's because the show was only recently on sale and they haven't put the parking up yet, or if the parking deals aren't available b/c of New Year's...

Street parking is free (except when parking meters are involved, but chances are you wouldn't be able to do a meter anyway since you can't run out to put quarters in). If you look on that parking site you can park for around $14 if you don't mind walking 10 mins or so (those with shuttles are also quite walkable from the venue - it's not that far). The only problem I see is that none of them have the 30th or 31st listed right now, not sure if that's because the show was only recently on sale and they haven't put the parking up yet, or if the parking deals aren't available b/c of New Year's...

Does the $14 includes taxes? In brooklyn the rate is 6%NYC 4%NYS .375% MTA sales taxes, in Manhattan it is 6%NYC 8% Surcharge 4% NYS and .375%MTA sales taxes.

Then multiply that by the hours and then see where that gets ya.

If you get street parking, more power to you, Sundays you don't need quarters.

are coldplay concerts safe for kids (10-11 yr olds)? any advice?

I don't know if somebody already replied. I've gone to a couple of Coldplay concerts here in the US and it's very much a family affair. I took my kids to a festival and we had a great time. Yes, Chris drops the F bomb here and there, but I'm sure the children can cope with that.

I had a rude awakening when I found out that my daily mass going and altar boys sons new every word to 99 problems, and so did all the kids in the audience by the way. After the initial shock, I actually joined in. Coldplay was about to perform and the excitement took over.

They're still very good kids. I've decided there are worse problems in the world than the occasional curse word. Beside, Chris looks very cute when he drops the F word. :lol:

Does the $14 includes taxes? In brooklyn the rate is 6%NYC 4%NYS .375% MTA sales taxes, in Manhattan it is 6%NYC 8% Surcharge 4% NYS and .375%MTA sales taxes.

Then multiply that by the hours and then see where that gets ya.

If you get street parking, more power to you, Sundays you don't need quarters.

Don't know if it includes taxes (probably not), but that was the rate for the whole event, not hourly, at a couple of the garages/lots listed on the parking website. But like I said, the 30th/31st is not currently listed.

Ok so the trains won't be working after a certain time?

24hr system just some train lines do not run late nights or weekends, but that shouldnt affect you getting to Barclays Center unless there is track work. Always check the MTA website before committing to a route incase of planned work or other track emergencies like signal issues or police investigations.

Ok so the trains won't be working after a certain time?

Unless you have to take the PATH train to New Jersey which used to run 24 hours, but it received major damage after Sandy so right now it closes at 10 every night and there are no backup buses in its place. Hoping that changes soon!

I know this is complete speculation, but do you guys think this will be a MX tour show or something new. I'm really hoping for Xylobands, they were incredible. Any thoughts?

I believe Tash said earlier that they're using the Xylobands. I'm not 100% sure if it will be an MX tour show. I'm wondering if the setlist will be different...