✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[30-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

i thought after the concerts there would be a lot of cabs outside the area waiting to pick up people.. thats what happened to me last time!

At Barclays or MSG? Because Barclays is in Brooklyn and there aren't many yellow cabs because they are airport or manhattan-centric. I went to a basketball game there and granted it was a sunday and I was taking the subway but I didn't notice any cabs. It is illegal for a nonyellow cab to take a street hail. I would ask the hotel concierge for a cab company before going and negotiate a rate ahead of time. There may be a taxi stand at Barlcays but I would come prepared just in case, mass transport near your hotel is a pain and sketch.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Barclays or MSG? Because Barclays is in Brooklyn and there aren't many yellow cabs because they are airport or manhattan-centric. I went to a basketball game there and granted it was a sunday and I was taking the subway but I didn't notice any cabs. It is illegal for a nonyellow cab to take a street hail. I would ask the hotel concierge for a cab company before going and negotiate a rate ahead of time. There may be a taxi stand at Barlcays but I would come prepared just in case, mass transport near your hotel is a pain and sketch.

Thanks! i will make sure i ask the concierge before i leave :) because tbh i hate the subway !

You can always wait for the inevitable ticket drop on ticketmaster sometime this week if you want to pay face. They have lots of seats in that "platinum" tab that will surely go unsold and will be released into the general pool at face value. Good luck!!

thanks and thanks vanstrider for the tips too! ive had SH and TM pages for the 30th bookmarked and keep checking them! im sure something will work out! i'm just always so anxious not knowing! :inquisitive: :laugh3:

Im going to the concert on the 30th, first time im going to see coldplay and super excited! The things is ill prob get there a little late between 7-8. I know thats when the opening act goes on and i dont mind missing them, but I should be ok getting in a little later anyway right? Also for parking, I saw that "Parking is available two hours prior to the event time." Does that mean that if i get there at like 7:30 to park, they wont let me even if i buy parking prior to arriving?

Im going to the concert on the 30th, first time im going to see coldplay and super excited! The things is ill prob get there a little late between 7-8. I know thats when the opening act goes on and i dont mind missing them, but I should be ok getting in a little later anyway right? Also for parking, I saw that "Parking is available two hours prior to the event time." Does that mean that if i get there at like 7:30 to park, they wont let me even if i buy parking prior to arriving?

I walked in at the end of the first opening act at Izod center in August without problem. Can't speak on the parking since I don't need to drive to the concert.

In the past using click and park your spot is guaranteed so you can arrive whenever you want starting two hours prior. It is to protect garage from somebody parking all day

All your transit advice has been so helpful!! So the Port Authority said PATH trains will be resuming 24-hour service by New Years Eve which I'm absolutely praying for. I'll probably take the R train from Barclays Center to Cortlandt St. near WTC and transfer to the PATH train to get back to Newport. Fingers crossed.

Looks like limited 12/30 service still but things start up again on NYE. Also I wouldn't rely on the Cortland Steet idea because the PATH isn't going to WTC. http://www.panynj.gov/path/

PATH New Year's Eve Day Service

5 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012 -

10 p.m. Monday, December 31, 2012

Hoboken to 33 Street

Journal Square to 33 Street

Newark-Penn Station to World Trade Center

PATH New Year's Eve Overnight Service

Around-the-clock until

5 a.m. Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hoboken to 33 Street

Newark to 33 Street

No service to or from Exchange Place or World Trade Center

PATH New Year's Day Service

5 a.m. Tuesday, January 1, 2013 -

10 p.m. Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hoboken to 33 Street

Looks like limited 12/30 service still but things start up again on NYE. Also I wouldn't rely on the Cortland Steet idea because the PATH isn't going to WTC. http://www.panynj.gov/path/

PATH New Year's Eve Day Service

5 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012 -

Hoboken to 33 Street

PATH New Year's Eve Overnight Service

Around-the-clock until

5 a.m. Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hoboken to 33 Street

Newark to 33 Street

No service to or from Exchange Place or World Trade Center

PATH New Year's Day Service

5 a.m. Tuesday, January 1, 2013 -

10 p.m. Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hoboken to 33 Street

Welp, I'm screwed.

Where are your seats? Ill cya there for both :D

12/30 Sec 126 (taking my Dad to his first CP show. He has NO IDEA how life-changing his weekend is about to be)

12/31 Sec 223 (cant believe im spending NYE with Chris and the boys!! Super excited for something extra-special to happen)

12/30 Sec 126 (taking my Dad to his first CP show. He has NO IDEA how life-changing his weekend is about to be)

12/31 Sec 223 (cant believe im spending NYE with Chris and the boys!! Super excited for something extra-special to happen)

What row on the 31st?

Howdy neighbor.

What time is everyone expecting Coldplay to take the stage? Are we expecting just like any other MX show? Thanks!

They'll come on at 9, but the question is how long/what time will the opener come on, since there's only one.

I tweeted Barclays Center about doors and they didn't respond. So I'm still guessing they'll open at 6, but not 100% sure.