✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[30-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

Good point. That 3D map is really cool btw!

I got a set of those seats for a coworker for the show on the 31st. When it was my turn to get cheaper seats, all the sections left were way behind the stage and I ended up going up one price level.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going! :D Just bought my tickets. They're not as good as last time's tickets (August 3rd) but that just means I have a better chance at being upgraded!

I'm going to wear my tour shirt that I made for the last concert along with my sneaks, and I think I'm going to splatter some old jeans and graffiti them uppp!

OMG I am so so soooo excited!

I'm going! :D Just bought my tickets. They're not as good as last time's tickets (August 3rd) but that just means I have a better chance at being upgraded!

I'm going to wear my tour shirt that I made for the last concert along with my sneaks, and I think I'm going to splatter some old jeans and graffiti them uppp!

Make sure to post pictures!

Hi guys,

Seating question: which would you say are better seats: section 213 row 2 or section 225 row 10?

I have a pair of tickets for both and have to sell one of them...

thx :)

213 Row 2. It's almost a head-on view of the stage, and its a really low row. I like that view better than stage right or stage left seats.

Where are your seats?

Is the Dec. 30 show Mylo Xyloto??

Hi,

The Dec 29, 30 and 31 shows do not specifically state that they are "Mylo Xyloto" tour shows. Does anyone know if they are and will be similar to the other shows I have seen this tour (i.e. xylobands, lights, etc.)?? The other shows always said "Mylo Xyloto" tour. These do not. I am confused.

Thanks!!!

I wish this show was at a different venue =( I really wanted to go because I only live about 2 hours away, but the Barclay's Center has no parking and I don't know the New York public transit system. But I hope everyone that is going has a great time!

Shame you let not knowing the MTA. You say you live 2 hours away which to mean either means New Jersey, Long Island, or Westchester. That means you could've either taken the LIRR or NJT to Penn Station (Or if from Long Island to Jamaica and Transfer to an Atlantic Ave/Barclays-Bound LIRR Train) and taken the 2/3 train to the Barlcays Center (the stop is called Barlcays Center) or the Metro North to Grand Central and taken the 4/5 to the Barlcays Center Station.

anyone thinking they will change or tweak the setlist?

I would love if they put Lost back in. I love Lovers in Japan but Lost is my favorite over the two... plus I saw them do Lovers in Japan at the last show I went to :D

I GOT MY TICKET!!!!! I'm going by myself but what the heck!!! I hope the people sitting next to me are cool hahahaha. Wanted to go to the New Years show, but couldn't get tickets, but since they postponed the Latin American tour might aswell see the regular show right??

Where are your seats? :)

I would love if they put Lost back in. I love Lovers in Japan but Lost is my favorite over the two... plus I saw them do Lovers in Japan at the last show I went to :D

Where are your seats? :)

section 12, row 15, seat 7

It's far but I hope it's near the crew places the small stage for Us Against The World hahahaha

You going??

Any one staying in Manhattan? and how are you getting to BC? a friend who lives there suggested to take a metro car? Said its safer and less trouble than the subway.

I have no idea what a metrocar is as they dont exist. There is nothing wrong with the subway at the hours you would be using it and will be crowded with people. If you mean a taxi, it is expensive, the BQE is the highway of doom and you can get stuck in grid lock and yellow cabs may not be available in Brooklyn after the show. Cost will be $35+ especially if you opt for the tunnel instead of the bridges that are slow and may have lanes closed.

The 2/3/4/r/d/n/q/LIRR go there on Sundays and the arena is right at the station. The station is named Atlantic ave-Barclays Center I would check http://www.mta.info for any planned weekend/late night work and the r train may not connect to manhattan due to sandy damage.

The subway is less than $5 roundtrip.

I have no idea what a metrocar is as they dont exist. There is nothing wrong with the subway at the hours you would be using it and will be crowded with people. If you mean a taxi, it is expensive, the BQE is the highway of doom and you can get stuck in grid lock and yellow cabs may not be available in Brooklyn after the show. Cost will be $35+ especially if you opt for the tunnel instead of the bridges that are slow and may have lanes closed.

The 2/3/4/r/d/n/q/LIRR go there on Sundays and the arena is right at the station. The station is named Atlantic ave-Barclays Center I would check http://www.mta.info for any planned weekend/late night work and the r train may not connect to manhattan due to sandy damage.

The subway is less than $5 roundtrip.

I'll be staying with friends in Newport (Jersey City) over the entire holiday weekend. What will be the best way to travel between there and Barclays via public transportation? Thanks in advance for your help -- I find the MTA website very intense, and I think advice from a local is the best.

I'll be staying with friends in Newport (Jersey City) over the entire holiday weekend. What will be the best way to travel between there and Barclays via public transportation? Thanks in advance for your help -- I find the MTA website very intense, and I think advice from a local is the best.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/path-partial-service-restoration.html?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=428&width=600

The Path, take it to 14th st where you can pick up the 2/3 to Barclays Center or go to 33rd for more train options at Penn Station/Herald Sq.

However I highly recommend that you check the train websites before leaving, there is a lot of track work on Sundays and it may affect a train you want to take.

My dad wants to drive in to the city then take a train to the Barclays Center from within the city. We're thinking Grand Central, but do you think there's an easier way to get to the Barclays? Especially one that'll be open that late? Thanks!

The sales tax on parking in garages in Manhattan is 18.375%. There arent street parking restrictions on sundays if you can find it. From grand central, only the 4 runs on sunday. The 5 is a m-f train and the 6 doesnt go to brooklyn.

My dad wants to drive in to the city then take a train to the Barclays Center from within the city. We're thinking Grand Central, but do you think there's an easier way to get to the Barclays? Especially one that'll be open that late? Thanks!

Where are you driving in from? May actually be more cheaper parking options on the far west side and then take the 2/3 from Penn Station (or 14th or Chambers). This advice is for the 30th - for the 31st I would advise staying far away from the west side above 34th St because it will be nuts with the ball drop.

4 from Grand Central is perfectly fine though and runs frequently. I can almost guarantee that there will be no subway construction that weekend due to the holiday crowds.