✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did Coldplay gain or lose fans with Mylo Xyloto?

guda4siempre

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha that's great. These are the kind of replies that I was expecting. I hope there's more people like you who became a fan.

I do think there are fans and "fake" fans. We have to be strict and look at the defintion of the term "fan", which is a person who becomes obssesed and is greatly devoted to something. I'm not trying to sound elitist or believe I'm better than someone by being a true fan of something, but I think some people misuse the term, or they aren't aware of its real meaning (those people who misuse the term are the "FAKE" fans). Anyhow, we should not judge a person if they are a truer fan or not (that's another subject).

For example: I like the beatles, I have some of their CDs but I don't fall in the definition of a fan. Same goes for other bands I like to which whom I don't consider myself a fan. I just like some of their music. Another example: There's only three songs I like by The Flaming Lips. Does that mean I'm a fan of them? I doubt it.

What the hell...

What the hell...

I really don't know how to explain myself. Let's forget about the term "fan". It's fine if people know songs like Pardise or VLV and they enjoy it, but what I'm looking for is people who got really interested. Like actually digging their stuff and learning all their songs; Buying their albums; Making an account in Coldplaying. That's what I meant.

I "was" a lame fan, didn't like it Parachutes or ARBTH theone day I heard Talk and it was like WOW this is more mature and not just crying songs...welll the rest is history, I love them and I'm not a fan or groupie, I've to said I respect their music, enjoy the letters and yes his music is more happy,...simply I Love them , like U2 they're big and more than good...but this is me.

In Italy (but even in UK, their home) there was people on floor that during Yellow started chatting because "was boring", during Warning Sign another guy said "it's a Kasabian cover" (LOL) and during Fix You a girl asked my friends wich song it is "because is pretty good"... Are they Coldplay fans or are just guys who buyed the ticket just for Para-para-Paradise and ETIAW?

Same situation for Muse.

In Italy (but even in UK, their home) there was people on floor that during Yellow started chatting because "was boring", during Warning Sign another guy said "it's a Kasabian cover" (LOL) and during Fix You a girl asked my friends wich song it is "because is pretty good"... Are they Coldplay fans or are just guys who buyed the ticket just for Para-para-Paradise and ETIAW?

Same situation for Muse.

That happens with every big band, and probably every band in general. Like, if I had the money, I'd totally have bought a ticket to a Rolling Stones concert for instance, because I think it would be awesome to see them live and I'm sure they put on a hell of a show! :wacko: However I don't know ALL of their songs, and I wouldn't pay that amount of money (which is high too for a Coldplay concert) and go through all the trouble just to see 2 songs! People come to see a show. Yes, that can be frustrating when you're a huge fan and right next to you you see people that aren't really fans and you feel they don't realize how lucky they are to be there, but at the same time, I doubt solely die-hard fans bring enough money to promote an album and tour the world. Coldplay live also thanks to all those people who don't recognize every song, they're the ones filling stadiums. As long as they pay something and they are having a good time, I don't see what's so wrong about it.

With every album, they got more people (and I'm using the term people for a reason, not fans, not true fans, not fake fans, I literally mean people in general) interested, which happened with MX, and had happened before. It's not about the songs, but the fact that they released an album, and that's it.

With every album, they got more people (and I'm using the term people for a reason, not fans, not true fans, not fake fans, I literally mean people in general) interested, which happened with MX, and had happened before. It's not about the songs, but the fact that they released an album, and that's it.

In this case for me it's all about singles, that are colorful, pop-sounding, and easy to sing, with Mylo they've tried to make massive music in their own style (some song are pretty good, some are bad)

^ VLV, Fix You or The Scientist or Clocks or Yellow may not be colorful or pop sounding, but they're also "massive music in their own style", they're sort of stadium anthems. I'm telling you, it's always the same, it's just that they keep getting bigger and bigger, so there are more and more people, and that's it.

edit: I just realized I keep saying "and that's it" :|

Coldplay live also thanks to all those people who don't recognize every song, they're the ones filling stadiums. As long as they pay something and they are having a good time, I don't see what's so wrong about it.[/color]

This. This. This. Get off your high horse and don't worry how much of a Coldplay fan the person standing next to you is.

At least have a legit point or opinion to back your argument up, pls

Please read a post page6?¡ then you'll understand Is not again this thread is a comment about people who doesnt care, so dont dont come if you dont like this comments...BTW is not against you..TKS.:thinking:

Please read a post page6?¡ then you'll understand Is not again this thread is a comment about people who doesnt care, so dont dont come if you dont like this comments...BTW is not against you..TKS.:thinking:

This post gave me cancer.

can't you at least quote which post you want me to read, not everyone has their thread display settings on the default (I see only 3 pages, for example)

Also really this thread was originally about people who care so much that they either start loving errything or just get so annoyed and want to drop it all. Until the inevitable "fake fan" bullshit came up

can't you at least quote which post you want me to read, not everyone has their thread display settings on the default (I see only 3 pages, for example)

Also really this thread was originally about people who care so much that they either start loving errything or just get so annoyed and want to drop it all. Until the inevitable "fake fan" bullshit came up

Seriously, the "fake fan" crap is pointless.

At least have a legit point or opinion to back your argument up, pls

This post gave me cancer.

You said "....Also really this thread was originally about people who care so much that they either start loving errything or just get so annoyed ...." right..

and I' gave an answer about this :...Who cares though? Why would anyone care how passionate any fan of coldplay is. People can be as involved or detached as they want. Posted by aschall..... So my post was If you dont like it GO OFF.

So this is a thread about people who care or like Coldplay or people who really dont care??? Or who write the biggest insult?¡? ...always read all thread is important for you to understand, just a thought ....

You said "....Also really this thread was originally about people who care so much that they either start loving errything or just get so annoyed ...." right..

and I' gave an answer about this :...Who cares though? Why would anyone care how passionate any fan of coldplay is. People can be as involved or detached as they want. Posted by aschall..... So my post was If you dont like it GO OFF.

So this is a thread about people who care or like Coldplay or people who really dont care??? Or who write the biggest insult?¡? ...always read all thread is important for you to understand, just a thought ....

I don't see any insulting...? I know what has been posted, I've read, but I just don't understand what you're getting at with these posts that seem to have no real discussion or defense behind them for the point that I guess you're still trying to make.