✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

chris taking a year off

twin4life

Coldplay star Chris Martin has announced he is taking a year off - because he's thinks people "need a rest" from him and his band.

The Yellow singer, who married pregnant Hollywood star Gwyneth Paltrow earlier this month, has confirmed that Coldplay will not be releasing a new album until 2005 - but he admits to feeling paranoid the follow-up record might flop after the massive success of their first two LPs Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head.advertisement (story continues below)

He says, "I want time off because I've had a mad year.

"I think people need a rest from Coldplay. There's a real pressure on us now, too. We've become obsessed with trying to deliver something amazing.

"I hope people aren't sick of us. We loved touring the US but we're still not that big in America.

"I'm always worried it could end tomorrow. There's no guarantee people are not going to get fed up with us."

http://www.teenmusic.com/d.asp?r=56360&cat=1020

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I dunno if I can wait that long either, but I guess he needs a rest so it's ok. He needs to get himself and his life together, especially now that he's a married man and due to be a daddy soon! And honestly...how could ANYONE get fed up with Coldplay?! I'd die if they wouldnt continue making music...keep it coming!! :) ;) :P

i dont mind waiting cuz anything they make is worth it, the only thing that would scare me would be if they stoped making music all together, ive read interviews where chris says that arobtth might be there last album if they cant come out with anything better...you think thats true?

:o juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu hey chris listen to me!!!! I'M NOT TIRED OF COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need mooooooooooreeeeeee!!! :cry: ..... well.... i don't know if i can wait until 2005..... a yeaaaaaar!!! 365 daaays!!!! i die!!! :lol: :lol:

oooow... well... but you have to do the best record you can!!! :kiss:

i know

it sucks that we wont be able to see coldplay everywhere and hear abuot them on the radio next year like we did this year

thats why, i bought the coldplay calendar, and I encourage you to do the same

although I havent seen it, cause i bough it on ebay, and it left england on the 13th :(

I just saw a quote from Chris about this proposed break ... it was in an article on thisisnotarealquote.com ...

"All my life it'd dreamt off and on about nailing one of the most beautiful women in the world on an as-want basis. Now that that dream is in front of me, I'm going to concentrate on it to the greatest extent possible. I plan on buying many books, exploring positions I don't even know about right now."

I have to say I agree with his decision.

"All my life it'd dreamt off and on about nailing one of the most beautiful women in the world on an as-want basis. Now that that dream is in front of me, I'm going to concentrate on it to the greatest extent possible. I plan on buying many books, exploring positions I don't even know about right now."

how cute!!I'm jealous!!

Gwyn could share he with us!!

:rolleyes: